Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Trading 7th pick to get rid of Nash?? via ESPN

ESPN has begun "Lebron-Fest 2014", and are already speculating on where he may end up. IN the article on ESPN (http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11...armelo-anthony) the following quote appears, "The Lakers have been trying in recent days to package the No. 7 overall pick in Thursday's draft with the expiring contract of Steve Nash (who's owed $9.7 million next season) to free up enough room to offer James and Anthony at least $16 million each next season to join forces with Kobe Bryant, Shelburne reported."

Is this a realistic possibility (assuming teaming with Melo is tempting enough for Lebron to leave) for LA? Would any team take Steve Nash's entire contract (or most of it) if he were paired with the number 7 pick?

vCash
    I saw the other thread with a similar title, but I wanted to emphasize the possible LBJ and Melo pairing stated in the ESPN article.

vCash
    OK... If this works it will make them look like geniuses but if it doesn't (which it probably won't cuz its a looong shot) then they will look like ****in idiots..

I understand that its all in or nothing, but what is their fall back plan if they don't sign James and Anthony?? This is a huuuuge gamble.

I sure hope they get some kinda assurance from Anthony and James before doing this..

Your baby can't do this

vCash
    Also, if they wanted cap room, maybe they shouldn't of given Kobe 24.5 mill per year... Hmmmm

Your baby can't do this

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Also, if they wanted cap room, maybe they shouldn't of given Kobe 24.5 mill per year... Hmmmm
    I think this only helps. Future NBA stars will see, The Lakers take care of their own.

vCash
    OK... If this works it will make them look like geniuses but if it doesn't (which it probably won't cuz its a looong shot) then they will look like ****in idiots..

I understand that its all in or nothing, but what is their fall back plan if they don't sign James and Anthony?? This is a huuuuge gamble.

I sure hope they get some kinda assurance from Anthony and James before doing this..

WHen is the date that teams are allowed talk to FA's? Also, would any team make the trade with the the potential of LA signing them both? They're gambling the next 5 years if they can make such a trade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    I think this only helps. Future NBA stars will see, The Lakers take care of their own.
    That's true

Your baby can't do this

vCash
    An option that might work if trading Nash won't work is keeping the 7th pick and stretching Nash.....3 million cap number for next 3 years. A retiring Nash would be outstanding news in the next couple of days!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty22Mitchell View Post
    WHen is the date that teams are allowed talk to FA's? Also, would any team make the trade with the the potential of LA signing them both? They're gambling the next 5 years if they can make such a trade.
    July 1st I believe. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, I didn't look it up yet

I think teams still would make that trade to be honest because I think most know its still highly unlikely BOTH lebron and melo come to LA.. I mean a couple years ago they said they are getting both Dwight and CP3 and how well did that turn out?

HUUUUGE GAMBLE.. This kinda thing can seriously put a team in contention for years or bottom of the league for years depending on how it plays out

Your baby can't do this

vCash
    If this happens then I hope Mitch would have some idea that there is a legitimate chance to bring them both in.

This all seems very unlikely.

vCash
    They will Draft Smart or Randle and if they get commitment from Melo and Bron....then they make trade. Trading pick on the hope of getting those guys would be idiotic.

vCash
    ... or signed 60 year old Nash to a 3 year contract... which now they have to dump a #7 pick to get out from under.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by handle View Post
    ... or signed 60 year old Nash to a 3 year contract... which now they have to dump a #7 pick to get out from under.

It was a risk to sign him, but I think it was a decent move at the time. Who would of thought he would of fell apart to the extent that he did. I think the bigger mistake was thinking Dwight had the balls to be the man of the franchise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by handle View Post
    Haha yea that's the big one.. The dude seriously can't even play anymore.. Easiest 10mill ever

Your baby can't do this

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast