Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Brad Mills. Did you watch him pitch? What did you think?

So I was in attendance at the game last friday night when Brad Mills made his debut, and therefore I couldnt really get a good look at his pitches movement and location. Neither could I find any re-broadcasts of the game online in order to watch what happened. So I am wondering, if you watched on tv, what did you think of his stuff?

vCash
    He put the A's in a good position to win tonight.

vCash
    Yeah, it was disappointing to see him leave the game the way he did; having pitched 6 scoreless innings before giving up that 3 run shot. But thats a more fitting result for his performance anyway, he was giving up a ton of hits all night and to be honest his stuff looked really hittable. I see some potential there, he has good movement on his curveball, his fastball looks decievingly faster than it clocks on the radar, and he has a nice confidence/relaxation up on the mound. But he had trouble hitting the strike zone and he through a few floaters that looked like batting practice pitches.

vCash
    He sucks. End of thread.

vCash
    He doesn't have to be great, just good enough to keep the A's in games. I have faith in the offense to put up solid run support, hopefully a higher percentage during his starts. Got him for $1 also. I spend more than that on my morning coffee.

vCash
    Guy is garbage but anyone that joins the A's rotation becomes an instant Cy Young candidate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cespedesrules View Post
    He sucks. End of thread.
    You probably said the same thing about Jesse Chavez a year ago.

vCash
    I thought he did real well tonight. I also thought the the umpire was being real unfair in his strike zone. He wouldnt call a strike for Mills unless it was dead center of the strike zone. At least that one first run IMO was due to the bad officiating.

vCash
    he definitely gave us a chance to win tonight! Losing to a guy who didn't strike any one out is infuriating. We need to steal the finale tomorrow and get home. This team is probably tired of all the long *** road trips this season
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    Is he anything special? No not really but he has only allowed three runs in each start I believe.

A's average five runs a game or right around that as a team. So if these guys would have just played and provided any type of run support these could have been two wins for him just as easily imo.

Oh and Porcello pitched out of his mind last night, that was a very well pitched game from him.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

vCash
    Meh, Porcello literally struck nobody out, wouldn't consider that pitching out of his mind, more like the babip gods were in his favor.

vCash
    He's had like two shut outs in a row and has made very few mistakes. Maybe not out of his mind because it hasn't included a ton of strike outs.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012