Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Positives we think we'll see this season

Well, I absolutely loved D. Moore last year in the pre-season and was pissed TC didn't use him. Sounds like he went into beast mode in the off-season. I personally think the guy is going to be an pro-bowl guy. Hopefully JPP is back. I actually believe in Jernigan which I can't believe. I think he's going to be a really dangerous option for us. Kind of guy when teams take away Cruz and Beckham, will make teams pay.

Like the Cromartie signing along with the depth signings all over the roster. Something the team has lacked is depth. Loved the center draft pick. Our centers were horrific. I think good center play is really going to improve our crappy running game. Was happy to see they are high on this rookie kicker. I thought our kicker last year was average at best and will only get worse.

Most positive thing I'm looking forward to is a real OC who understands how to throw screen passes and create an offense where our QB doesn't need 5 seconds every time to throw the ball to a WR.

vCash
    I'm with you on depth. We're still not the deepest team in the league, but we have some better depth that we usually do around here. Still, another pile up of injuries and quality depth don't magically become quality starters. A guy here and a guy there is fine, but we need to stay healthy.

Played with that kicker in college, he's got a leg, pretty accurate, and extremely confident. Cocky or arrogant probably, but I want that in my kicker - a guy who isn't going to think or second guess himself and slightly pull a kick with the game on the line. I think they'll stick with the vet though.

I think Jernigan is still going to be a limited rep guy behind Randle, Cruz, and OBJ... still waiting on Manningham back from injury and Eli has a comfort with him if the injuries haven't taken a toll on him physically and they're also discussing the use of Holliday within the offense as an offensive weapon.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    well a new o line
    David Wilson back
    manningham and his chemistry with eli
    OBJ

steal of the draft cleanthony early

vCash
    add a deep secondary and a no more killdrive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

steal of the draft cleanthony early

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKNYGNYY View Post
    David Wilson back
    Overlooked aspect of this season. Looks like its gonna happen. His injury, while very serious, isn't performance inhibiting. Kids got the kind of talent to be a top 5 back in this league. Scary special explosiveness/burst and elite speed. Plus ability to run low and behind pads and run through arm tackles. Needs to fix knowledge/vision/game prep, protection, and fumbling issues. The best part about it is we have a very competent starter in Jennings until Wilson can do that and insurance if he cant. Wilson is just a bonus. A bonus with insane potential. He's really never gotten the chance he deserves, so I hope he earns one this year. The upside with this kid is as high as any back currently playing excluding Peterson.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    I'm glad Gilbride is gone....I wasn't going to watch the Giants if he had still been there...I'm serious about that.

I'm optimistic about our team...we've made some changes, had a decent draft....we'll see.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    Less hyperbole posts..

vCash
    I thought I read D Moore isnt even a lock to start at DE let alone go into beast mode. I cant remember where I read that though. Where did you read he was doing well. Thats great news if so.

I hope you guys are right about David Wilson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbutjacked View Post
    I thought I read D Moore isnt even a lock to start at DE let alone go into beast mode. I cant remember where I read that though. Where did you read he was doing well. Thats great news if so.

I hope you guys are right about David Wilson
    I can't remember what paper I read that in. He was stating he's much stronger than last year. He got faster. He's ready to dominate. Of course, he could have been on weed like most of our team.

vCash
    It's all about the oline. That was the downfall of last season.

Couldn't run block.
    Couldn't pass protect
    So then you can't generate points.
    Not to mention the constant failures due to the oline which ended drives, kept the D on the field for WAY too long and gassed them by the end of the game. Thats the opposite of "Giants Football".

So with no reasonable way to get worse, the positive I see right now is a rebuilt oline, but I still have concern over Beatty getting back to 2011 Beatty and if not, relying on Brown behind him. One Snee re-injury and a Beatty setback could have us in rough shape again. BUT, can't possibly be worse. And I LOVE LOVE this Richburg kid. He's like a Snee clone as far as character and seems like a day 1 leader for the line.

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Overlooked aspect of this season. Looks like its gonna happen. His injury, while very serious, isn't performance inhibiting. Kids got the kind of talent to be a top 5 back in this league. Scary special explosiveness/burst and elite speed. Plus ability to run low and behind pads and run through arm tackles. Needs to fix knowledge/vision/game prep, protection, and fumbling issues. The best part about it is we have a very competent starter in Jennings until Wilson can do that and insurance if he cant. Wilson is just a bonus. A bonus with insane potential. He's really never gotten the chance he deserves, so I hope he earns one this year. The upside with this kid is as high as any back currently playing excluding Peterson.
    I love Wilson and really hoping he returns. So damn explosive. My concern with him is I feel like he's that homerun hitter. Needs lots of chances and then one goes for a 60 yard TD. With Jennings as such a great #1 back, I wonder how many chances Wilson gets. If he's still struggling with pass protection he won't even get out there on 3rd down....doesn't help that Jennings is an every down back and Williams looks ready to roll. But hey, too much talent is never a bad thing.

vCash
    D Moore put on 15 lbs of muscle and apparently didn't lose any speed. He was an extremely young kid when we drafted him and apparently has a better first step than Osi. That's a lethal combination. I expect him to be our second best DE this year behind JPP while getting 3rd DE rotation snaps.

vCash
    Fewer inside handoffs from the shotgun formation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post

I'm glad Gilbride is gone....I wasn't going to watch the Giants if he had still been there...I'm serious about that.

MONOTONY. ---- We knew the OL was going to be horrendous yet the anticipation of the same ol offense just didn't intrigue me at all. It's like watching the same movie over and over and . . . again. I may have missed some games too had they not changed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GMenFanSince90 View Post
    D Moore put on 15 lbs of muscle and apparently didn't lose any speed. He was an extremely young kid when we drafted him and apparently has a better first step than Osi. That's a lethal combination. I expect him to be our second best DE this year behind JPP while getting 3rd DE rotation snaps.
    Poor IQ, gets controlled at the line of scrimmage, horrible hands, lacks pass rush moves...

I don't expect much from him. But we'll see

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post
    Poor IQ, gets controlled at the line of scrimmage, horrible hands, lacks pass rush moves...

I don't expect much from him. But we'll see
    Just curious, because you say poor IQ a lot, did you interview him? Is there evidence is IQ is poor? Or is just an opinion you came up with?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast