Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Trade Deadline hypotheticals

Multiple media outlets are calling for the A's to go all in this year. I have to say I agree. I understand our position in the marketplace, but If we could land an impact player who would it be?

My wish list:

Ben Zobrist, without giving up Russell if at all possible. Could play 2nd or SS or even OF.

Troy Tulowitzki, I know, I know. It would cost the farm. May not even have the bullets. But... Imagine the juggernaut the offense would be.

Realistically, I would love a SP or two. Wouldn't have to be an ace, but even a number 4 would serve the A's well.

Not saying the A's could pull off either of the first two, and trading for an "ace" usually doesn't work out. so the latter is the most likely imo but I'm excited to see what they do around July 31

vCash
    Zobrist should be cheap due to the fact that he is in his contract year. The A's can probably get him for 2 mid-level guys.

I don't think we have the resources to acquire a top flight starter. That's the problem with how bad our farm system is at the upper levels. Teams look for ML ready guys
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    I think Zobrist would be a great cog in the machine. Could slide Lowrie to 2nd or leave him at SS and play Zobrist 2B/RF

vCash
    One more great starter

More pop from a couple of positions and I wouldn't complain but at the end of the day we aren't really having a problem scoring runs.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

vCash
    You know that Wolff is always going to be cheap, and therefore I prefer any trades we make to be deals which work in our favor long term and not just for this season.

vCash
    A's don't have enough starting pitching with Parker out. I think Dillon Gee on the Mets would be available. Want a righty starter. He's pitched great for a while now. Coming back from the DL. Mets need depth, catching, pretty much everything. Gee will cost you but I think it's worth it.

Reddick
    Vogt
    Straily
    Burns

Burns to me won't be a starter. However, if you put him in the NL, big park where singles are good, he may surprise you. Let's face it. Chris Young blows. Mets could then trade Eric Young for a stop gap SS. He probably has some value to contenders. Good 4th OF with speed. Vogt could play catcher right now for them because D'Arnaud has been a bust. Straily can be a bullpen guy where I think he belongs.

That might not be enough. They might want

Reddick
    Vogt
    Straily
    Muncy
    Last edited by cespedesrules; 06-24-2014 at 09:14 AM.

vCash
    Eew at that trade offer. That takes away a lot of our depth. I'd rather go after Jason Hammel and that's saying something because he's not that great of a pitcher in the AL. Maybe the A's could look at a Kyle Kendrick type of pitcher. He keeps the ball down and I'm not sure if Philadelphia would see high on him or not

vCash
    Who would you have in mind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy West View Post
    One more great starter

More pop from a couple of positions and I wouldn't complain but at the end of the day we aren't really having a problem scoring runs.

vCash
    The guys were saying today that there is alot of talk about David Price possibly being up for trade.

If we gave them Addison Russel... would that be enough?

vCash
    I don't think there is a trade out there for Zobrist that the Rays and A's could agree on.

Russell is untouchable, even for someone like David Price.

I think we would have to give up one of Olson, Robertson, or McKinney... not okay with that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbombz View Post
    The guys were saying today that there is alot of talk about David Price possibly being up for trade.

If we gave them Addison Russel... would that be enough?
    no,
    it would take
    Russell, Olson, Straily, and probably one more spec, maybe T.Healy.

vCash
    I'd love Price but A) the money B) the prospects. I'm guessing that would be tough to pull off.

vCash
    No? Good contract, option for next year (when Lowrie walks) and is a versatile on-base switch hitter. Seems like a logical fit.

vCash
    Milone asked to be traded. Wondering if we are going to move him. Even though it's a small sample size, hammel has sucked and I don't think he's going to be very good after a overperforming first half.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defjersol View Post
    Who would you have in mind?
    I think this was prior to the Shark trade. Now I think our starters are pretty set
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast