Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Cardinals (41-35) at Rockies (34-41) June 23-25

St. Louis Cardinals @ Colorado Rockies

Monday, June 23, 6:40 PM MDT , Coors Field

Lance Lynn, RHP

91.9 IP, 7-5, 3.15 ERA, 1.31 WHIP

Lynn followed up an eight-inning scoreless start with five scoreless innings Wednesday before he ran into trouble in the sixth. Still, the right-hander surrendered two runs in six innings on five hits and four walks.
    Jhoulys Chacin, RHP

51.2 IP, 1-5, 4.53 ERA, 1.39 WHIP

Chacin gave up home runs to Hanley Ramirez and Matt Kemp at Dodger Stadium in his last start, a loss, but was otherwise impressive in his six innings. He struck out five and prevented the lengthy inning.
    Tuesday, June 24, 6:40 PM MDT , Coors Field

Shelby Miller, RHP

91.0 IP, 7-6, 3.56 ERA, 1.32 WHIP

Miller scraped up his left arm on a slide and felt a pinch in his hip when his mechanics got loose in his last start, but he's expected to be ready for his next one. Coors Field will be a test for Miller, as he has allowed 11 homers in 15 starts.
    Jorge De La Rosa, LHP

77.2 IP, 6-6, 4.75 ERA, 1.35 WHIP

Two starts ago, De La Rosa left a start against the Giants with lower back tightness. In his last start, when the Rockies were no-hit by the Dodgers' Clayton Kershaw, De La Rosa gave up eight runs in 3 1/3 innings.
    Wednesday, June 25, 1:10 PM MDT , Coors Field

To Be Announced

Christian Bergman, RHP

15.0 IP, 0-2, 7/20 ERA, 1.67 WHIP

I'll be at the game tonight.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

vCash
    Marco Gonzales starting Wed

vCash
    Excited to see what he can do

vCash
    Should be interesting. Supposed to have a great change

vCash
    Matt Adams has had a fantastic night

vCash
    Also I'm pretty much content at this point to let Jay man center unless a trade for something better happens

He's improved his defense from last season back to essentially being an even to just slightly better than average defender in CF, he's hitting for a good average, a good slugging percentage for a CF, very good OBP

I would like to see him take better at bats sometimes and I still think Bourjos is potentially better but if Jay plays at his current level I'm fine with him starting

vCash
    Matt Adams is awesome... I hope we don't try to trade him for a pitcher now that Wacha and Garcia are out..

vCash

Cardinals (41-35) at Rockies (34-41) June 23-25

I love how the ball flys off Adams bat trade Craig and bring back Oscar!

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeDirt05 View Post
    I love how the ball flys off Adams bat trade Craig and bring back Oscar!
    I agree...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy15 View Post
    Also I'm pretty much content at this point to let Jay man center unless a trade for something better happens

He's improved his defense from last season back to essentially being an even to just slightly better than average defender in CF, he's hitting for a good average, a good slugging percentage for a CF, very good OBP

I would like to see him take better at bats sometimes and I still think Bourjos is potentially better but if Jay plays at his current level I'm fine with him starting
    I had that thought too while watching the game. Jay has been having a good year.

I like Bourjos' potential and his defense, but it isn't fair to sit Jay when he has been playing well while Bourjos has been struggling.
    "If you find yourself in the majority, rethink your position" - Mark Twain

vCash
    Matt Adams is reminding me more and more of Jim Thome by the day lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    Matt Adams is awesome... I hope we don't try to trade him for a pitcher now that Wacha and Garcia are out..
    I wrote a post a few days ago in one of our threads that I've always been a big Craig fan but I've flipped on that and think Adams should be our long term first basemen here.

Quote Originally Posted by Shlumpledink View Post
    I had that thought too while watching the game. Jay has been having a good year.

I like Bourjos' potential and his defense, but it isn't fair to sit Jay when he has been playing well while Bourjos has been struggling.
    Plus when Bourjos is getting long term playing time his still extremely up and down offensively

vCash
    At this point Bourgos is no more than a defensive replacement. JJ should be getting every start, other than a rest day occasionally.

I haven't given up on Craig yet, but that support is waning. Adams has been a beast.

vCash
    Shelby is coming out of the game after resisting Matheny as long as possible. Doesn't look serious but who knows, looks kinda like he is sore almost like after you help someone move lol you're "fine" your sore but your "fine" haha

But this is the last thing we need. Hopefully it's not serious because we are about out of quality replacements. If it is serious a trade isn't a if we can improve thing it's a must if we want to compete

vCash
    Matt Adams continues to rake

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast