Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Mid season prospect update

AAA - Nothing. Team is basically full of a bunch of hasbeens. Hopefully, the wave of AA talent will be there soon and they can use the AAA team as a development team instead of a never will be team.

AA

Josh Whitaker - Hitting .323 with 9 HR's and 42 RBI's. Embarrassing he's not at AAA yet.
    Russell - Just came back.
    Max Muncy - 15 D, 3 HR's, 31 RBI's, .277 AVG, .386 OBP. Power has dipped at AA but he's still having a decent start.
    Burns - 36 steals but showing he's not a good bet to make the majors as a starter.
    Head - Basically has sucked ever since he got hurt. Hitting .227
    Alcantara - Got hurt which sucked. He was on the fast track.
    Tucker Healy - Looks like a stud in relief. In 34 I, has allowed 21 hits, 9 W, 54 K's and has a 0.79 ERA with just 1 HR allowed.

Advanced A ball

Dan Robinson - Consistent all year. Has 16 D, 7 HR, 26 RBI's, .392 OBP and a .294 AVG. Looks promising.
    Maxwell - 5 HR, 25 RBI's, .270 avg. Needs to step it up.
    Pinder - Good surprise. 17 D, 11 HR's, 30 RBI's and a .315 avg.
    Olson - Finally removing his head from his butt. 19 HR's, 45 RBI's, .245 avg and a .396 OBP.
    McKinney - Slowly improving. 9 HR's, 30 RBI's avg is up to .236.
    Sanburn - 3.10 ERA with 42 K's in 40 I.
    Ynoa - Sucks

A ball

Nothing except Herschel Powell who is hitting .335 with a .452 OBP. Has 7 D, 4 T, 3 HR, 17 RBI's, 16 steals, caught stealing 12 times, 53 walks.

vCash
    No question all of our premium talent is at the lower levels. I'm a big fan of Pinder, Sanburn, Robinson, and obviously Russell. The Alcantara news was devastating, but hopefully he will be back strong for next season
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    I like Muncy a lot. Kind of reminds me of Donaldson going through the minors. Does a few things very well with the ability to do a lot more well.

vCash
    It would be nice if the AA team was local.

vCash
    Left off Nunez because he was sucking. He's been on fire ever since. He's up to .282 with 20 doubles and 16 homers. All the top Stockton prospects are on fire now. Olson now has 23 HR's. Robertson has 10 HR's with 17 doubles. McKinney even has his average up to .243 with 10 HR's. Figure with Russell on the fast track, they would like to move him to AAA, Robertson to AA soon. I would figure they want Olson and Nunez to AA soon as well. There are pretty much rejects at third at AA so Nunez can move right in. Muncy should be trade bait for another pitcher which this team needs if they plan on winning something in the playoffs. I figure maybe they put together something like Muncy, Burns and Reddick for a strong starter.

vCash
    You won't get a great starter for that package but I would think you could get somebody better than what we currently have.

vCash
    Jon Heyman from CBS Sports said on MLB network that he expects Billy to dangle Russell for David Price as part of an all-in strategy. I don't know what to feel about that. With Robertson close behind Russell on the depth chart, I wonder if BB is willing to take the risk

vCash
    can someone explain why people keep saying the A's need SP help?

Last I checked we're 2nd in ERA, 5th in quality starts, 1st in WHIP, and 1st in BAA.

vCash
    Yah. It's a bit strange! Kazmir, Gray, and Milone have all started in the playoffs before. If Straily gets his **** together, he could contribute at the end of the season and get a postseason start. My only wild card is Chavez. I love his cutter though. It misses a lot of barrels. And let's be real, David Price got LIT UP in the postseason last year

vCash
    Not saying I agree with this but perhaps... A's are in a great position to qualify for the post-season. Adding a top notch starter (Price for the sake of argument) can almost assure the division, possibly best AL record overall. Playoffs go through Oakland. Gives you Gray, Price, Kazmir against potentially Scherzer, Verlander, Sanchez or Kershaw, Grienke, Ryu -Strasburg, Gio, Zimmerman etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LakersA's49ers View Post
    Jon Heyman from CBS Sports said on MLB network that he expects Billy to dangle Russell for David Price as part of an all-in strategy. I don't know what to feel about that. With Robertson close behind Russell on the depth chart, I wonder if BB is willing to take the risk

Heyman is a moron if he thinks that. There is 0.00% chance that that A's trade Russell. He'll be cheap, he's one of the top rated prospects in baseball and he's a SS. In case Heyman missed it, Lowrie is out of here next year. You think the A's will trade him for a guy they will have for half a season? Oh my God. It never ceases to amaze me how stupid morons in the media are.

Also, if you think a starting staff of Gray, Kazmir, Chavez and Milone will get it done in the post season, you are high. Honestly, that is a crap staff with three guys that have pitched way over there head. Power staffs are the staffs winning titles. Pomeranz could be one of the pieces they need when he comes back. They are still short. However, you don't trade any top prospect for a rental.

Rather they give up a Robertson for a 23 year old kid with big upside like Heaney. Somebody they can control for 5 years.

vCash
    I don't see the A's trading Russell. He's untouchable imo. A's tend to acquire guys at the deadline that are dirt cheap and overlooked. I could see a move for McCarthy for example. He'd cost next to nothing, he's not having a good year per ERA, but his peripherals are fantastic. But I see a move being made for a 2B more than anything, and I think it will be someone we hadn't thought of.
    Last edited by Cheezombie; 07-01-2014 at 09:21 PM.

vCash
    I sure hope so too. I'm not in to the trading Russell idea. With Price, he would only be ours for half a season and then he would absolutely get unloaded over the offseason. That could be interesting to watch unfold in its own right, especially if Price lights it up in the second half
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    I would be very interested in looking at Martin Prado from Arizona. He has had a nice history against LHP's if my memory serves correct. Man, I wish the A's took a look at Altuve an offseason or two ago. What a find by the Astros in the draft. Maybe we will take a flyer on a guy like Beckham as well. He has not reached his full potential
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    I would be very interested in looking at Martin Prado from Arizona. He has had a nice history against LHP's if my memory serves correct. Man, I wish the A's took a look at Altuve an offseason or two ago. What a find by the Astros in the draft. Maybe we will take a flyer on a guy like Beckham as well. He has not reached his full potential
    We preferably need someone who can hit right handed pitching. Last year was Sogard's only productive season, we need someone to slot into that spot badly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast