Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Kings will match Isaiah Thomas contract if it's around 6M

Kings plan to match any reasonable offer for Thomas, which I've heard would be in the $6 million/year range.
    https://twitter.com/mr_jasonjones/st...96197297201152

Also read that the biggest issue is the organization doesn't know if he's a starting PG or a Jamal Crawford type instant offense bench player.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

#3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants1213 View Post
    https://twitter.com/mr_jasonjones/st...96197297201152

Also read that the biggest issue is the organization doesn't know if he's a starting PG or a Jamal Crawford type instant offense bench player.
    6 million sounds reasonable, but I think its time to go in a different direction. Like I've said from the beginning, Thomas is instant offense off the bench (Nate Robinson). Kings need to find a PG that's interested in playing on both ends of the floor.

I'm interested in seeing the market for him. I wonder if the rest of the league see's instant offense or a starter. The money he gets will determine that.

vCash
    Heat fan here. I like Isiah's game a lot. If the Heat offered around $8-$10 mill for Thomas, assuming the Big Three take paycuts and PG options were exhausted since their candidates signed elsewhere, would Sacramento fans be mad if he decides to leave?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade n Fade View Post
    Heat fan here. I like Isiah's game a lot. If the Heat offered around $8-$10 mill for Thomas, assuming the Big Three take paycuts and PG options were exhausted since their candidates signed elsewhere, would Sacramento fans be mad if he decides to leave?
    Edit, I was looking at the wrong season.
    Last edited by Plague; 06-23-2014 at 11:49 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iMac View Post
    6 million sounds reasonable, but I think its time to go in a different direction. Like I've said from the beginning, Thomas is instant offense off the bench (Nate Robinson). Kings need to find a PG that's interested in playing on both ends of the floor.

I'm interested in seeing the market for him. I wonder if the rest of the league see's instant offense or a starter. The money he gets will determine that.
    I understand it would be nice to get another PG, but if we don't match Isiaah what our options because we will be right at the Salary Cap without him.

vCash
    Until we have a viable option for another pg... keep Thomas. If we do something like 8 for Knight or Dennis, I'd definitely be upset. Knight is lateral at best and Dennis is a work in progress. The way our FO has been running the team I'd be surprised if we let IT walk (unless someone throws a ridiculous offer at him)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade n Fade View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't be upset... but he is a fan favorite due to the underdog roll he has played. Everyone loves an underdog. I think its time for a change of scenery in Sac.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I understand it would be nice to get another PG, but if we don't match Isiaah what our options because we will be right at the Salary Cap without him.
    That's where I trust PDA to get creative.

vCash

Eldridge Payton. If we trade back with Chicago we could get him. He's athletic and one helluva defender. I think that's who we will take. Sure he can't shoot well, but it's not too terrible. Derrick rose couldn't shoot very well and no I'm not comparing the two lol but I think he is a starting caliber point guard and we can also draft another shooter preferably a stretch 4

vCash
    I'd go 4 year/$30 million for IT. He's a solid starting PG. I agree that he would be a great instant offense player off the bench, but that would just be a luxury for most teams.

vCash

Every good team has a first person off the bench to contribute and run the second unit and some of the first unit. I think IT is that kinda player, just my opinion. Not many starting pgs are as bad of a matchup defensively as IT is. Granted he puts up as many points as he gives up but still I like him in the 6th man role

vCash
    He's very talented and a hard worker. Obviously he's not good defensively, but he's a great sixth man. I think he would have won sixth man of the year had we kept Vasquez and won a few more games. I'd like to keep him and draft or trade for a starter, but I don't know how reasonable that is.

vCash

I'd love keeping him for 5 mil a year as the 6th man but idk if he will even want to be with the kings if he's not starting

vCash
    Ray McCallum started looking real nice at the end of the season, and I wouldnt mind letting him take over the starting role if he keeps that up.

vCash
    A USA Today article.

Don't be surprised if Thomas stays with Kings

Not everyone will be paid their market value in free agency. With the rules that dictate the restricted free agency game, some players are at a serious disadvantage on the financial front because of logistics that come into play.

While deals can't officially be signed until the moratorium ends on July 10, teams have until July 13 to match offers that were given to their restricted free agents. That means teams pursuing restricted free agents must be willing to have their business (and their salary cap space) tied up for some 36 hours while waiting to hear whether they'll get their man. Yet still, this is a vast improvement from the pre-lockout days, as the waiting period used to be seven days before the new collective bargaining agreement was put in place in Dec. 2011.

Sacramento Kings point guard Isaiah Thomas, to focus on one such player, may find himself in this sort of situation. The 25-year-old is coming off a career year (20.3 points, 6.3 assists and 1.3 steals per game), and the Kings — who issued a qualifying offer of $1.1 million Wednesday to officially make him a restricted free agent — certainly want to keep him (though there's some disagreement between the two sides about whether he's best used as a starter or a super sixth man).

USATODAY
    Rudy Gay opts in with Kings, won't become a free agent
    But unless Thomas can find a suitor who's willing to pay him so much that they can spend those three days confident that the Kings will let him walk or if a sign-and-trade possibility arises that could be seen by the Kings as a win-win, he may very well find himself staying put on a deal far below the one he may have envisioned. One person with knowledge of this situation estimates his market value at between $4 million and $6 million per season. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the private nature of the matter.

The Kings are on the lookout for a starting point guard, and one name to keep an eye on is the Brooklyn Nets' Shaun Livingston.
    The 28-year-old free-agent-to-be whose career looked all but over in 2007 when he had a devastating leg injury while with the Los Angeles Clippers had his best season yet in 2014-15, helping the Nets turn their season around when he started in place of the injured Deron Williams and remaining a vital part of their program even after he returned.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast