Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

David Price and Being Traded

He's probably going to be traded this summer, or at least that's the speculation.

Suitors could include, Dodgers, Mariners, Cardinals, Marlins, etc.

Cards are currently sending Garcia and Wacha to the DL with shoulder tightness, and Joe Kelly is still rehabbing.

While they have plenty of pitchers to call upon, nobody is as good as Price....AND they have plenty of position player depth that they could move guys like Taveras and Adams and not miss a beat.

Dodgers have a loaded rotation. And the Rays will want young talent that the Dodgers probably don't want to move like Lee and Pederson. And they wouldn't have places for the extra starters like Haren, Beckett, Maholm etc, whom the Rays won't want.....but the Rays would potentially like cash as well in a deal.

I don't see the Marlins being a good fit at all. But they are said to be seeking the help.

The Braves could be a nice landing spot, and they have the position player talent to move, but I don't know if they have the depth to get rid of MLB level young position player talent. Maybe they do?

I assume the Rays want prospects in AA or AAA already that will be MLB ready soon. And for this to come from a competitive team, not a lot of teams have the talent that the Rays would want.

I could also see a team like the A's trading for him, and then flipping him in the off-season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    He's probably going to be traded this summer, or at least that's the speculation.

Suitors could include, Dodgers, Mariners, Cardinals, Marlins, etc.

Cards are currently sending Garcia and Wacha to the DL with shoulder tightness, and Joe Kelly is still rehabbing.

While they have plenty of pitchers to call upon, nobody is as good as Price....AND they have plenty of position player depth that they could move guys like Taveras and Adams and not miss a beat.

Dodgers have a loaded rotation. And the Rays will want young talent that the Dodgers probably don't want to move like Lee and Pederson. And they wouldn't have places for the extra starters like Haren, Beckett, Maholm etc, whom the Rays won't want.....but the Rays would potentially like cash as well in a deal.

I don't see the Marlins being a good fit at all. But they are said to be seeking the help.

The Braves could be a nice landing spot, and they have the position player talent to move, but I don't know if they have the depth to get rid of MLB level young position player talent. Maybe they do?

I assume the Rays want prospects in AA or AAA already that will be MLB ready soon. And for this to come from a competitive team, not a lot of teams have the talent that the Rays would want.

I could also see a team like the A's trading for him, and then flipping him in the off-season.
    Morosi is that you?

vCash
    Kershaw/Greinke/Price/Ryu/Beckett... go home rest of the league

However, the "price" for David Price is unnecessary for the Dodgers

vCash
    If the braves were willing to part with Sims and Bethancourt plus something else I could see something getting done.
    The Giants have a greater need for him than the dodgers, If they were willing to give up Crick, Escobar, and Susac that could be enough.

vCash
    I'd give up Lt. Kitten to see the Cardinals give up Taveras for Price. Not that I dislike Price moving forward...think he's going of those guys who has and will adjust to life without tippy top tier fastball velocity.

vCash
    Marlins need him would be a great addition and he stays near home
    Be $wavy

vCash
    Would rather see the Cards stand pat instead of giving up a Tavares type prospect. Too much potential with team control. Id be hesistant and probably wouldn't do Tavares for Longo straight up....let alone for Price. Thanks but no thanks if that's the charge.

Now a Wong/Miller combo I could live with.
    TWINSIES!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Method28 View Post
    Would rather see the Cards stand pat instead of giving up a Tavares type prospect. Too much potential with team control. Id be hesistant and probably wouldn't do Tavares for Longo straight up....let alone for Price. Thanks but no thanks if that's the charge.

Sure you could, Tampa bay won't be able to though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban:28662772
    Quote Originally Posted by Method28 View Post

Sure you could, Tampa bay won't be able to though.
    Probably agreed. At that point I'd rather keep away from Price and either look elsewhere or roll with what we have.
    TWINSIES!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    If the braves were willing to part with Sims and Bethancourt plus something else I could see something getting done.
    The Giants have a greater need for him than the dodgers, If they were willing to give up Crick, Escobar, and Susac that could be enough.
    Maaaaaaaaybe, but I still don't think we have enough.

But we super need a big arm in the worst way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingPosey View Post
    Maaaaaaaaybe, but I still don't think we have enough.

But we super need a big arm in the worst way.
    I agree on both counts, that package might be more in line for Samardjzia than Price.

vCash
    I wouldn't touch Sims and Bethancourt for either Samardzija or Price. That's a ripoff, and I actually like Bethancourt.

Same for the Giants. Crick seems to be injured or just isn't throwing strikes, Susac isn't an exciting talent so much as one that is a relatively safe bet, and Escobar is a little rough himself.
    Last edited by SenorGato; 06-23-2014 at 11:33 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    I wouldn't touch Sims and Bethancourt for either Samardzija or Price. That's a ripoff, and I actually like Bethancourt.

Same for the Giants. Crick seems to be injured or just isn't throwing strikes, Susac isn't an exciting talent so much as one that is a relatively safe bet, and Escobar is a little rough himself.
    There is nothing wrong with a safe bet at catcher, if Crick was more consistent going forward how much would that change your mind.
    I know he did go on the DL earlier in the season, but he is back and seems to be doing his thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    No way that's enough.

The Rays are going to get a lot more than that for Price.

vCash
    The Cards problem is not pitching depth. They should go after a big bat instead. That being said I would love to see them mortgage the future for Price specifically Taveras, but they're too smart of an organization to do that though.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast