Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Why isnt there instant replay in soccer?

it seems like common sense to me, instead you have refs that make crucial mistakes that end up costing a lot of teams wins.

vCash
    FIFA isn't one to make changes like this. It took a very long time just to get goal line technology. I don't think they want to disrupt the flow of the game. But it would very helpful for rescinding cards and such.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    It would mess with the flow of the game hardcore tho. Look at how long it takes in basketball and that was supposed to be quick.

vCash
    Can't be much worse than real/fake injuries disrupting the flow.
    You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayne91 View Post
    Can't be much worse than real/fake injuries disrupting the flow.
    Which is why I don't understand why the clock doesn't stop when this **** happens because I think it'll totally wipe it out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    It would mess with the flow of the game hardcore tho. Look at how long it takes in basketball and that was supposed to be quick.
    how so? it takes literally a few seconds to see the right call, bosnia got screwed out of a goal and out of the world cup, it was clear 10 seconds after the call that it wasnt offsides, so why not just correct the mistake? just add the ****en goal to the scoreboard and keep playing. its super primitive in this day and age.

or if a guy gets red card when he clearly shouldnt have, and there's nothing he can do even if its clear on the replay it wasnt a red card.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tnewkirk View Post
    how so? it takes literally a few seconds to see the right call, bosnia got screwed out of a goal and out of the world cup, it was clear 10 seconds after the call that it wasnt offsides, so why not just correct the mistake? just add the ****en goal to the scoreboard and keep playing. its super primitive in this day and age.

or if a guy gets red card when he clearly shouldnt have, and there's nothing he can do even if its clear on the replay it wasnt a red card.
    It would take longer than a few seconds bud. They'd review it a bunch of times and still could call it either way on some replays it's just so close on some. Check bball. It's a lot longer than advertised.

vCash
    instant replay is a must IMO but only on goals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    It would take longer than a few seconds bud. They'd review it a bunch of times and still could call it either way on some replays it's just so close on some. Check bball. It's a lot longer than advertised.
    ok 30 seconds, thats not worth it? and it hasnt affected basketball negatively in any way, barely slows the game down at all.

besides its not like there's gonna be an off sides call on a goal each game lol.

vCash
    Huge soccer fan here. I wanted to make that clear. Didn't want anyone to think I was a fan of a different sport just weighing in.

Soccer has to add video review to its games. And here are my reasons why:

- soccer looks stupid when a call is missed. The Bosnia goal, the Italy red card, the Brazil penalty vs Croatia, the Suarez bite, etc. Missed calls & goals just make the game look stupid and bring it bad publicity. It loses fans.

- soccer is the shortest sport in terms of time of all team sports. Basketball takes 3 hours+. Football takes 3 hours+. Baseball takes 4 hours. Etc. Soccer takes less than 2 hours. I bet that fans in the stands wouldn't mind staying 5 more minutes to make sure the calls made were correct. Even in matches that go to penalties, the time of the match is still less than the other team sports. Time should not be an issue.

- get with the times. Every other sport is using replay. Doesn't mean they have to, but c'mon. They should.

- Do it for the fans. Nobody likes to be cheated. Italy and Bosnia fans watched their team the last 4 years work to make this tournament. Both teams were cheated out of the next round by FIFA's stubborn stance on relying on referees who simply cannot keep up with every single part of the action of the game.

What I propose is simple - every goal, red card, penalty and goal called back need to be reviewed. Every goal is now being reviewed with goal line technology. Every red card and penalty needs to be 100% sure it was warranted. Marchisio's red in the Uruguay/Italy match or Fred's penalty in the Brazil/Croatia match would not have been given by 99% of referees. If a goal is called back when the defense hasn't had the chance to be affected by the refs (like when there is a ball played in on a cross, the ball is headed in, the flag goes up, the defense never stopped defending, but the flag is wrong), then that goal can be allowed after review even if the center ref in the past always relied on his linesman call (call it the Bosnia rule). And then of course everything off the ball needs to be reviewed. The 2nd guy always gets carded but the 1st guy rarely does. A guy in the booth can radio down to the center ref to say that both guys deserves cards. And stuff like the Suarez incident has to be caught during the game. It's a disgrace that Uruguay went on to win that game after that incident.

I guarantee that most games won't even use replay. And the ones that do would only add a couple minutes. And think about it - after every red card, goal, and incident, there's always about a minute of arguing when somebody in the booth could be looking at a screen to make sure it's right.

vCash
    only one thing though, basketball games including half time almost never go 3 hours, usually a little over two. but yea they will eventually get it in soccer and it'l be years too late. like you said, now these teams have to wait another four ****en years to get another crack it, who's to say they wont get ****ed again?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tnewkirk View Post
    only one thing though, basketball games including half time almost never go 3 hours, usually a little over two. but yea they will eventually get it in soccer and it'l be years too late. like you said, now these teams have to wait another four ****en years to get another crack it, who's to say they wont get ****ed again?
    A basketball game lasts about 2.5 hours unless it's a playoff game. I would contend that a soccer game with penalties still is shorter than a playoff basketball game. So adding 5 minutes wouldn't really make it that long. And remember what I said earlier - a questionable call is argued by players for about a minute anyway. That's all it should take for a team in a booth to review a card, goal, disallowed goal, incident, etc. to make sure it's dealt with. Really, it should only had a couple minutes to a game at most.

The main thing - get the **** right. Two teams in the last 16 shouldn't even be there. How ****ed up is that?

vCash
    anddd mexico gets ****ed as well lmao, this is a joke at this point, im honestly baffled at the no talk of this being an issue. how long did it take you guys or anyone watching the game to figure out that shouldnt have been a foul?

i dont feel too bad for mexico cause netherlands should have gotten a penalty kick in the first half on a clear foul but still... oh well they can try again in fours years lol.