Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 Backups?

vCash

4 Backups?

Given our projected starting lineup as you would see it if the season started today, you were now forced to start 4 backups over our entrenched starters. Who do you pick and why?

vCash
    http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/GB

Use that depth chart.

Here's mine

Starks, he had a really good year last year. It's all health now, as much as it would suck to not have Lacy, he's still decent.

Barrington/Lattimore, either one for me. They could also replace Hawk or Jones IMO. At least on early downs. I'll go with Barrington over AJ since I should pick one.

Richard Rodgers over Quarless. I think he should be a decent receiving TE right away.

Linsley over Tretter. I think he would be solid plus protected by the guards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/GB

Use that depth chart.

Here's mine

Starks, he had a really good year last year. It's all health now, as much as it would suck to not have Lacy, he's still decent.

Barrington/Lattimore, either one for me. They could also replace Hawk or Jones IMO. At least on early downs. I'll go with Barrington over AJ since I should pick one.

Richard Rodgers over Quarless. I think he should be a decent receiving TE right away.

Linsley over Tretter. I think he would be solid plus protected by the guards.
    This would be mine too except instead of Starks id choose haha over Hyde.
    My Ignore list: Naps, bucketss, iknowhoops....

2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb

Receptions:
    Yards:
    Tds:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jerellh528 View Post
    This would be mine too except instead of Starks id choose haha over Hyde.
    Oh yeah, for sure. I didn't notice that. IMO HaHa should be the starter there.

vCash
    Corey Linsley over JC Tretter ------ I don't believe there's much of a gap between the two, we'll see.
    Sam Barrington over AJ Hawk ------ upgrade in athleticism and range
    Davon House over Tramon Williams ------ When House is healthy he has the technique/skill to get it done outside.
    Jarel Worthy over Mike Daniels ------ Has the size and strength to hold down the edge.

I wanted to say HaHa Clinton-Dix over Micah Hyde, but I didn't want to state the obvious. Micah Hyde is definitely going to battle to stay on the field, but I think Clinton-Dix is too dynamic to not win the job.
    Last edited by iMac; 06-22-2014 at 06:53 PM.

vCash
    House? Interesting.

And worthy is an all around terrible selection lol he's not good and hurt and Daniels is our best DL

vCash
    House? Interesting.

And worthy is an all around terrible selection lol he's not good and hurt and Daniels is our best DL
    House will prove his worth as long as he remains healthy and gets an opportunity. As for Worthy, I should have said over Datone Jones... I'm just hoping Jones turns out to be a beast, so I'm giving him his opportunity. The great thing about this is its hypothetical. Its not a knock on Daniels at all, it was just my selection.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iMac View Post
    House will prove his worth as long as he remains healthy and gets an opportunity. As for Worthy, I should have said over Datone Jones... I'm just hoping Jones turns out to be a beast, so I'm giving him his opportunity. The great thing about this is its hypothetical. Its not a knock on Daniels at all, it was just my selection.
    House was healthy last year and took a ton of snaps and was mediocre.

Would have been easier to just say Hayward imo. I have less issue replacing Daniels as much as choosing worthy. He's just done.... Nothing and he's not healthy atm. Heck I'd take Thornton over him ya know

vCash
    Adams will earn the 2nd Wr spot
    R. Rodgers will earn the starting TE spot
    Lattimore will earn one of the MLBer spot
    Boyd will earn the NT spot
    My Adopter Packer: Blow Job Raji

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    Adams will earn the 2nd Wr spot
    R. Rodgers will earn the starting TE spot
    Lattimore will earn one of the MLBer spot
    Boyd will earn the NT spot
    How confident on each of those are you lol

vCash
    How confident on each of those are you lol
    Well Jordy will be #1 obviously, Cobb will be the slot guy and i think Adams will earn the 2nd outside spot.

Pretty confident in Rodgers, i mean there isn't a clear cut #1 TE right now and Q hasn't even practiced yet at all so who knows what's going on with him

Not real confident in Boyd but im not excited about Guion and who knows how Raji is going to play after having back to back horrible years.

MLBer is a weak spot and i don't think it'd be that hard for a guy like Lattimore to show up in PS and win the spot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    Well Jordy will be #1 obviously, Cobb will be the slot guy and i think Adams will earn the 2nd outside spot.

Pretty confident in Rodgers, i mean there isn't a clear cut #1 TE right now and Q hasn't even practiced yet at all so who knows what's going on with him

Not real confident in Boyd but im not excited about Guion and who knows how Raji is going to play after having back to back horrible years.

MLBer is a weak spot and i don't think it'd be that hard for a guy like Lattimore to show up in PS and win the spot.
    Oh I thought you were way off with the Adams comment when you said 2nd WR spot. You were just talking about him earning Flanker over Boykin , not 2nd option like I thought. Really not a fan of the 1,2,3 thing because I always look at it like options. I mean IMO if the slot WR is the QB's favorite target than he is #1.

I can almost guarantee that it wont happen by week 1 though, it just takes WR's too long to get acclimated to GB's system and earn Rodgers trust for him to beat out Boykin that quick. I could see it happening at some point if Adams is really that good right away but I'm personally doubting it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevolu View Post
    Oh I thought you were way off with the Adams comment when you said 2nd WR spot. You were just talking about him earning Flanker over Boykin , not 2nd option like I thought. Really not a fan of the 1,2,3 thing because I always look at it like options. I mean IMO if the slot WR is the QB's favorite target than he is #1.

I can almost guarantee that it wont happen by week 1 though, it just takes WR's too long to get acclimated to GB's system and earn Rodgers trust for him to beat out Boykin that quick. I could see it happening at some point if Adams is really that good right away but I'm personally doubting it.
    I like his picks but I don't think any of them are that likely. I'm not convinced that Lattimore is very good BTW, I just think it's an ANYONE BUT HAWK! thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevolu View Post

Well i was just doing this as if a gun was held to my head. I tried to be a little different from what everyone else has been saying.

Well Adams and Rodgers seem to be getting a long just fine. I think it depends on the system tho. Some systems may take longer for a WR to get a handle on. Adams clearly has the higher ceiling/talent between him and Boykin. I just don't think its going to take too long from Adams to make an impact, maybe not week 1 but def in the first month imo.

Just a gut feeling.

vCash
    I like his picks but I don't think any of them are that likely. I'm not convinced that Lattimore is very good BTW, I just think it's an ANYONE BUT HAWK! thing.
    Well Lattimore is behind Jones on the depth chart FWIW. Maybe Barrington is better? Idk, i've just seen a few articles that were saying watch out for Lattimore.

Like i told Kev, i just tried to do something a little different then just agree with everyone. The likely hood of all that happening is slim to none and i understand that.

The only one i am really comfortable with i Rodgers at starting TE.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast