Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

CC Sabathia progressing well...

Standing at his locker after a 36-pitch bullpen this morning, CC Sabathia was sweating. This was not playing catch. This was not tossing a few fastballs nice and easy. This was his normal pregame warmup, throwing all of his pitches, pitching as if getting ready to make a start.

“I got after it a little bit, and I have been in the bullpens,” he said. “This is the time to test it, and I will when I’m down there in Tampa. It’s not just like rehabbing, I really do need to test it to see if I can do it. I feel like I feel pretty good.”

Working his way back from a stem-cell injection meant to help repair some degenerative damage in his right knee. He’s wearing a brace and said he feels a noticeable difference from the way he felt earlier this season. He’s planning to fly to Tampa tomorrow, face hitters in live batting practice on Tuesday, and he plans to pitch in some sort of minor league game on Saturday.

“I feel good,” Sabathia said. “I’m optimistic. I feel like I’ll be able to go. If I didn’t I would be out there trying to put us through this, because I know how much it affected me, how good it didn’t feel. Just putting the team in a bad spot. But I feel good.”

Joe Girardi said the Yankees are “encouraged” by Sabathia’s progress. The Yankees have previously said Sabathia’s not likely to be back until after the All-Star break, which is three weeks from Tuesday. Sabathia said he doesn’t have an exact time table for his return, but he’s hoping he needs fewer than five rehab starts (a number he seemed to pluck out of the air, just saying he felt he might not need too many minor league games before being big league ready).

“I’ve been sitting around here just feeling sorry for myself, just watching the team grind,” Sabathia said. “It’s tough. You want to be out there helping these guys, so I feel better that I do have a little light where I can see hopefully getting out there, helping.”
    Via Lohud Blog

Much rather have him than Nuno. Even a terrible CC at least provides some length. Nuno sucks.

I miss fat CC!!!
    Last edited by nyyfan4life; 06-21-2014 at 12:43 PM.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    It's sad that I don't really care. He is better than nuno I guess but so is almost any other pitcher

vCash
    Lets check this out...if Fatso CC and Pineda do come back, should Phelps and Whitney be taken out of rotation, providing they are still doing a good job?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Korevette View Post
    Lets check this out...if Fatso CC and Pineda do come back, should Phelps and Whitney be taken out of rotation, providing they are still doing a good job?
    One of them will replace Nuno. The other will probably replace Whitley considering he will be on an innings limit this year. He's a converted reliever who's career high in IP was 91 in 2011.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Whitley has been studly.

vCash
    Whitley's been great, but I'd be surprised if he doesn't wear down in August or so. He's just never pitched this much. I would replace Nuno first obviously, but I would say move Whitley to the long man role or something in August if Pineda or CC comes back then.

vCash
    Who knows with Pineda, CC will probably be back first. Pineda still has slight inflammation in his back. He may throw next Saturday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Who knows with Pineda, CC will probably be back first. Pineda still has slight inflammation in his back. He may throw next Saturday.
    They'll both go undefeated after the break.
    10 Rec, 96 YD, 1TD
    injured.....again

vCash
    Pineda won't be back till September, IMO. They'll be very careful with him. That might be a good thing because he can really give the team a shot in the arm down the stretch if the Yanks are still in the race, which I expect them to be. Unlike guys like Whitley and Phelps, who have both had their moments, Pineda has shut down type stuff.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    There is no guarantee if and when they do come back that they, especially CC might still have problems pitching. Don't forget the Yankees went thru this with him last year and you always get the same response "I feel good better than ever" and he still has the one big bad inning. I say, pay the difference and get rid of him.

vCash
    Much rather have him than Nuno ^^^
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Hitters have an .854 ops against vidal nuno. The yankees dont have a SINGLE HITTER with an ops that HIGH.

Hi

vCash
    Hitters have an .854 ops against vidal nuno. The yankees dont have a SINGLE HITTER with an ops that HIGH.

Hi
    At least he's consistent
    10 Rec, 96 YD, 1TD
    injured.....again

vCash
    C'mon Fatty! Light up that buffet for another few weeks then come back so I can make some loot!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Bummer. The Core Be No More.

vCash
    Cc beginning rehab this weekend. 30 days. Back by late July? -Sweeney Murry (sp?)
    10 Rec, 96 YD, 1TD
    injured.....again

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast