0 0%
  • USA

6 100.00%
  • GMs vote here

0 0%
    vCash

Soccer Re-Draft Playoffs: Mexico vs USA

Mexico:

Bench:[*]Kwadwo Asamoah - Ghana[*]Antonio Valencia - Ecuador[*]William Carvalho - Portugal[*]Ezequiel Lavezzi - Argentina[*]Sofiane Feghouli - Algeria [*]Hector Moreno - Mexico

Starter

Benzema
    Di Maria Kagawa Robben
    Fernadinho Verratti
    Coentrão Pique Kompany Isla
    Neuer

Bench
    Drogba
    Andre Ayew
    Inler
    Spahic
    Sterling

vCash
    Truefan (USA's GM)'s thoughts:

The Classico of CONCACAF... USA v Mexico

Ima keep this short and simple...

His keeper just made a mistake that cost his team.His backline likes to get forward and has no cover in the middle as his two holding players don't have a defensive bone in their body. His wings won't defend and silva isn't playing well. His hopes ride on Suarez.

I have the defense to handle his attack. The outside backs to match his wingers. As well as a midfield that can help defend and lend creativity. As well as a world class GK in Neuer. While his outside backs have speed if they're caught forward Robben and Di Maria will absolutely burn his defense. Benzema is straight up balling out his life right now.

vCash
    I think Truefan makes a couple of solid points. It's hyperbole to say Bastian doesn't have a defensive bone in his body but I understand his point. David Silva does not defend at all and Rakitic isn't effective at it. That middle would be exposed. Lavezzi and Hulk are about as inconsistent as you'll get. However, they have Luis Suarez and that entire team is made to score goals. Suarez and Silva vs Pique would be funny to watch. I think USA is a more complete team, undoubtedly.

vCash
    For those wondering, I'll post the other two matchups after these two are determined (in 3 days). Thought it'd be better that the forum focuses on two at a time. Sorry for taking so long to post them, I had summer school uni exams + Carl and Rob eventually just didn't vote and got DQd so it's not all my fault

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Dahh Sneak View Post
    I think Truefan makes a couple of solid points. It's hyperbole to say Bastian doesn't have a defensive bone in his body but I understand his point. David Silva does not defend at all and Rakitic isn't effective at it. That middle would be exposed. Lavezzi and Hulk are about as inconsistent as you'll get. However, they have Luis Suarez and that entire team is made to score goals. Suarez and Silva vs Pique would be funny to watch. I think USA is a more complete team, undoubtedly.
    The middle isn't the only exposed problem. His wings will be as well. Lavezzi and hulk don't defend at all and he has two wingbacks that like to get forward. As well as vertonghen who likes to get forward from the center back spot. His defense will get ripped to shreds. Benzema, Robben and Di Maria will feast on all of the open space that's left for them.

vCash
    Hulk is playing for Brazil because he can defend a bit. Vertonghen doesn't just go up when he chooses, he goes up when Spurs aren't able to create anything, which is often. You also can't have it both ways, Robben and Kagawa don't play defense.

vCash
    haha i barely noticed this. to say that rakatic cant defend it clearly shows that you haven't seen him play. he's actually the guy that recovers for croatia and he did it for sevilla. hulk retracts back so i dont know why you said that.

what makes you say that rakitic isnt effective at all pete? he's not effective in what? USA's whole back line likes to push forward. even kompany somewhat yet my team is exposed and not his? yeahh he has coentrao and isla on the flanks with pique who got benched for his stupidity and doesn't deserve to play in a team like barcelona.

i am still tripping how rakitic isn't effective on defending, yet he did it for sevilla and croatia. especially when sevilla sold kondogbia. he was all over the midfield creating and defending. veratti wasn't even the big defender on psg. motta was huge on that department and some guy name matuidi. idk, i guess we all differ in what we see so i should respect it.
    Last edited by D1JM; 06-24-2014 at 02:13 AM.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D1RoseJM View Post
    haha i barely noticed this. to say that rakatic cant defend it clearly shows that you haven't seen him play. he's actually the guy that recovers for croatia and he did it for sevilla. hulk retracts back so i dont know why you said that.

what makes you say that rakitic isnt effective at all pete? he's not effective in what? USA's whole back line likes to push forward. even kompany somewhat yet my team is exposed and not his? yeahh he has coentrao and isla on the flanks with pique who got benched for his stupidity and doesn't deserve to play in a team like barcelona.

i am still tripping how rakitic isn't effective on defending, yet he did it for sevilla and croatia. especially when sevilla sold kondogbia. he was all over the midfield creating and defending. veratti wasn't even the big defender on psg. motta was huge on that department and some guy name matuidi. idk, i guess we all differ in what we see so i should respect it.
    IDC if he's better than Gerrard at it - that means nothing to me. And I'd easily tell you that he's one of the reasons why Croatia aren't advancing. I criticized it in the Group A thread. A midfield of Rakitic and Modric doesn't work because neither wants to defend. Brazil were as lethargic as can be but were still getting balls into Neymar and Fred at the top of the area. They're the same in the sense that they can be back there, but they're not trying to read the game and sweep **** up. Modric should've been the 1 doing that while Rakitic is the 1 that pushes forward because he's shown he can intercept and tackle at times. He's also not the anchor of the Sevilla midfield so IDK what you're referring to at all. You know he was their #10 right?

vCash
    Of course i know he was their 10 and i also know he started some games next to mbia in a defensive midfielder role and he did a pretty damn good job at it. I wish i could find something that showed that but sevilla would switch from a 4231 to a 442 at times and rakitic would stay down at the DM. Position. With carrisco form dropping throughout the season, rakitic had to play his role.

vCash
    Pique wasn't supposed to be starting I thought I had updated it to saphic but didn't.

My wingbacks get forward but I have cover in fernadinho and verratti (less so). Kagawa might not track back but he presses well as seen at BVB. Man U was a horrible fit. Robben doesn't drop but I have more cover in the mid and benzema works up top too.

Your mid doesn't have the proper defensive cover it needs. rakitic would be fine if paired next to a 6 or more defensive player but if he's supposed to be the dirty work guy in your mid you'll be left exposed. And my team has speed like no other.

Your team is built on the shoulders of a Suarez great player but I suspect he might try and bite someone on my back line. I kid I kid.

I think I got the better side that fits better together. As well as benzema and Robben absolutely destroying defenses right now.

vCash
    http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-co...rez-zombie.jpg

suarez would strike fear your d. haha. good luck man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D1RoseJM View Post
    http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-co...rez-zombie.jpg

suarez would strike fear your d. haha. good luck man.
    Hahah good luck to you as well.