Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Question Nash & Gasol/Nash & Dwight - Why DIDN'T it work?

Of course, there is the injury that basically crippled Nash and possibly Dwight's back recovery, along with D'Antoni's system.

But why didn't it work out when Nash was able to play with them? I figured he'd come over here and throw some sweet passes to those big dudes on the pick and roll or down low in the post.

Was it D'Antoni's fault for not knowing what to do with Dwight & Gasol?

I think another factor might've been Kobe, who still shot a lot before his injury, but was he shooting because Nash was being ineffective with the big guys?

She can turn my "Paige" anytime!

vCash
    D'Antoni nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

vCash
    There are several reasons why that team didn't work. There were chemistry problems (i.e. personal relationships Howard and company, Brown/Dan don't have the brass to approach Kobe), midseason coaching change, lack time playing togther, entitlement ("we have four HOF so we'll automatically be there in the end), etc. As much fun as it would be to call individuals out by name, it was a total organizational failure (from Jim and Jeanie, and all the way down to the guy who cleans the lockerrooom at night). It's really disappointing because those guys should have created something special.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kobe4thewinbang View Post
    Of course, there is the injury that basically crippled Nash and possibly Dwight's back recovery, along with D'Antoni's system.

But why didn't it work out when Nash was able to play with them? I figured he'd come over here and throw some sweet passes to those big dudes on the pick and roll or down low in the post.

Was it D'Antoni's fault for not knowing what to do with Dwight & Gasol?

I think another factor might've been Kobe, who still shot a lot before his injury, but was he shooting because Nash was being ineffective with the big guys?
    D'Antoni... but also, Dwight didn't seem interested in doing what was best for the team. He's not a good back-to-the-basket player, but that's what he wanted to do anyway. D'Antoni accommodated, and sent Pau to the 3-point line. Surely with the front office's blessing, since they pretty much dedicated the entire season to wooing Howard into re-signing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMgl View Post
    D'Antoni... but also, Dwight didn't seem interested in doing what was best for the team. He's not a good back-to-the-basket player, but that's what he wanted to do anyway. D'Antoni accommodated, and sent Pau to the 3-point line. Surely with the front office's blessing, since they pretty much dedicated the entire season to wooing Howard into re-signing.
    Also because they didn't play to their strengths.

They should have been feeding Pau Gasol in the low post who is a better back-to-basket player than Howard. If the opposing teams collapsed on Gasol that would leave Howard open to break to the basket for the Lob or to rebound Pau Gasols missed shot attempts.

And I don't think Howard really cared about playing on the Lakers anyways. You could see that in the effort he made or lack there of!
    Lakers & Our Nation is Tanking

Emmanuel Mudiay | Jahil Okafor | Karl Towns
    Kelly Oubre | Cliff Alexander

2015 NBA Draft Sweepstakes

vCash
    dantoni doesn't know how to use true bigs to their strength. If he had it his way, the entire NBA would be 6'8 or under and everyone would need to be able to stroke the 3 ball.. Oh and nobody would be allowed to play defense or they'd get fined by the league..

Your baby can't do this

vCash
    This failure had nothing to do with the head coach....it was all the front office. For at least two years before being traded to the Lakers, Nash would be found on the sideline laying on his back nursing this back issue. His problem at this particular moment has nothing really to do with an injury he got in LA....it is a result in the degeneration of his back that began years ago. Only the Suns medical personnel were able to give him the illusion he still had basketball life in him. Deny this all you want....I saw this with my own eyes.

Dwight Howard blocked the trade to LA twice before agreeing to come to the Lakers. The only thing he wanted less than playing for LA...was playing for Orlando. The front office again ignored this because they knew that the magic of wearing the Lakers uniform would fix everything. They adopted a "doing something wrong is always better than doing nothing" attitude, and the worst thing is....they still seem to be operating under this principle. How do I know this? Look at all the player workouts, draft deals, potential trades they are contemplating....and they have no coach. They have no idea what type of player is best for the new coaches style of play....yet they're making critical personnel decisions without one.

"Contemplate this....on the tree of woe"

vCash
    Age, Injuries and bad coaching

vCash
    Celtic Lakers fans

vCash
    Dwight is a huge crybaby and didn't want to play pick n roll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by championships View Post
    Dwight is a huge crybaby and didn't want to play pick n roll
    This, he wanted to play back to the basket when he has no post moves, coaching staff and FO ignored that and sucked his balls to re-sign him and look what happened...

vCash
    All of the above.

MDA is and was clueless - especially about how to use bigs.
    DH was a complete *** during his tenure here.
    And injuries/age played a huge role.

vCash
    Injuries, nuff said.

Dwigth was hurt coming in, so no training camp.

Then nash got hurt

Gasol was up and down all season

kobe was the only consistent until he got hurt at the end.

It wasn't any one persons fault imo because they never truly got a chance to play together.

This is how we do it! I still believe

vCash
    who cares... it is history...

look to the future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by royal bob View Post
    This failure had nothing to do with the head coach....it was all the front office. For at least two years before being traded to the Lakers, Nash would be found on the sideline laying on his back nursing this back issue. His problem at this particular moment has nothing really to do with an injury he got in LA....it is a result in the degeneration of his back that began years ago. Only the Suns medical personnel were able to give him the illusion he still had basketball life in him. Deny this all you want....I saw this with my own eyes.

Dwight Howard blocked the trade to LA twice before agreeing to come to the Lakers. The only thing he wanted less than playing for LA...was playing for Orlando. The front office again ignored this because they knew that the magic of wearing the Lakers uniform would fix everything. They adopted a "doing something wrong is always better than doing nothing" attitude, and the worst thing is....they still seem to be operating under this principle. How do I know this? Look at all the player workouts, draft deals, potential trades they are contemplating....and they have no coach. They have no idea what type of player is best for the new coaches style of play....yet they're making critical personnel decisions without one.

"Contemplate this....on the tree of woe"
    Thats it, case closed, nuff said. Lets go have a beer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast