Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Where do you rank Isiah?

as an all time PG? As an all time great?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

vCash
    probably 5th as a pg(magic,oscar,fraizer,stockton and count west as a sg) and probably somewhere in the 30's as a player

vCash
    Good question. A lot of people ignore his greatness because he was a big time jerk.

I have him top 5 pg all time, top 20 player all time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by abe_froman View Post
    probably 5th as a pg(magic,oscar,fraizer,stockton and count west as a sg) and probably somewhere in the 30's as a player
    I'd rather have Gary Payton, CP3 and J. Kidd over Zeke too. He was great and had some ridiculous handles + was tough as nails, but IMO those three are just better, more well rounded players.

I'd have Isiah in the top ten, 8th or so. Can't forget Nash either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Starks View Post
    Good question. A lot of people ignore his greatness because he was a big time jerk.

I have him top 5 pg all time, top 20 player all time.
    Top 20, really? Not sure I'd have him higher than mid 30's off the top of my head.

vCash
    I think rankings of just about anything are worthless. Subjective. Inherently unfair to the older of whatever is being ranked. Swayed by popular opinion.

I just find it interesting that there is no consideration of championships here when they are such a determining factor in rankings of shooting guards and centers.

All that said, Isiah is definitely better, on overall balance than most all the guys listed so far as being his betters. I can sort of understand people wanting to rank Kidd above him, but Isiah could just do much more than Kidd. Nash? CP3? Payton? ...please now...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    I'd rather have Gary Payton, CP3 and J. Kidd over Zeke too. He was great and had some ridiculous handles + was tough as nails, but IMO those three are just better, more well rounded players.

Top 20, really? Not sure I'd have him higher than mid 30's off the top of my head.
    Yeah he's there for me. Just off the top I have Magic, MJ, KAJ, Wilt, Kobe, Shaq, Timmy, Bird, Russell, Hakeem, Dr J, West, Robertson, Stockton, Malone, Barkley, KG, Drexler, Pippen, Zeek, Miller, Ray Allen, Iverson.....

Those are just the first that come to my mind as greats in random order.

For PGs I go with

Magic
    Stockton
    Robertson
    Nash
    Thomas
    Last edited by Tony_Starks; 06-20-2014 at 10:22 PM.

vCash
    Top 20 all-time arguably, though I have him in my top 25.

vCash
    Yeah he's there for me. Just off the top I have Magic, MJ, KAJ, Wilt, Kobe, Shaq, Timmy, Bird, Russell, Hakeem, Dr J, West, Robertson, Stockton, Malone, Barkley, KG, Drexler, Pippen, Zeek, Miller, Ray Allen, Iverson.....

For PGs I go with

Magic
    Stockton
    Robertson
    Nash
    Thomas
    I agree with everything you said with the exception of Iverson...

vCash
    Top 10

vCash
    I think we have to start doing generation top tens instead of all time top ten. There's just no way to judge ones greatness in different eras of basketball. Different rules, different eras..different list

vCash

Isiah was more well rounded than either CP3 or J Kidd or Nash. Sometimes I have to remember that a lot of you guys didn't see basketball before the modern era. Sometimes I wish that a lot of you would remember that too though. Some of the comments made here lack complete respect for players of other generations. This is one of them.

Isiah was an excellent defender, the originator of the crossover, and a clutch scorer. J Kidd was not the offensive player Isiah was and neither Nash nor CP3 were the defensive player Isiah was.

Payton is interesting. I'm probably partial to Payton myself. I've never thought about it but I would say it's close enough where it probably doesn't matter who you put ahead of who.

As far as all time PG's go Isiah is top 10. Where he ranks is subjective because he's in the same hat with a bunch of other PG's. Magic stands alone in that conversation. Stockton is probably 2nd--he is on my list. But then after that it gets all jumbled. I'm a huge J Kidd fan. Love him. I'd love to put him 3rd but I know that's my heart, not my head, making that call.

Realistically speaking you would have to take Payton, Isiah, Maravich, Oscar, Frazier, and maybe 2 or 3 others I'm not thinking of and pull their name out of a hat and any order you go with, IMO, would probably be fair.

ESPN has Isiah 3rd. I'm okay with that.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailyd...estPointGuards

vCash
    not sure where to rank him. but i did meet Magic Johnson today

vCash
    Top 7 give or take 2

steal of the draft cleanthony early

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    as an all time PG? As an all time great?
    I have Zeke second only to magic as the best pg all time and isiah in top 20 all time!
    I don't see cp3 Nash Payton Kidd Stockton winning one championship let alone 2 with the pistons teams isiah won with. Just my opinion.
    Sometime I feel isiah is under apprieciated because jordan hated him but the reason jordan hated him is cause isiahs teams dominated Jordan's teams for Jordan's first 7 years in the league.

vCash

For PGs I go with

Magic
    Stockton
    Robertson
    Nash
    Thomas
    Forgot Lebron and Magic (edit: my bad I just cut it off on my screen, you got him), and you're leaving out some serious names. Moses Malone, Elgin Baylor, David Robinson, Bob Pettit, Hondo, Rick Barry, etc. D. Wade and Dirk are better too. Not sure how Ray Allen is that far up for you though?

I've def got Zeke right around Payton or Kidd somewhere in the 30's; Who were both more well rounded and imo better PGs.

Edit: I'm looking at his "Advanced Stats" line on bbref right now and it's super unimpressive. .109 WS/48, 18.1 PER and .516 TS%. Those are not legend #'s you will find on virtually any other player that we're talking about in a top 20 discussion.
    Last edited by tredigs; 06-21-2014 at 01:02 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast