Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,877
    vCash
    1500

    [Woj] Cavs offer HC job to David Blatt

    Sources: Cavs offer head-coaching job to Euroleague icon David Blatt

    In a bold move, the Cleveland Cavaliers have offered Euroleague icon David Blatt their head-coaching job, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

    The Cavaliers and Blatt's representatives are in the process of negotiating terms of a deal, but no agreement has been reached, sources said.

    Blatt, 55, would be the first coach to make the leap from Europe to the NBA as a head coach.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources...202705870.html

    Very bold move on the part of the Cavs. I thought they would go with Lue and that Blatt would end up with Kerr.

    Still, Blatt is very well respected in international coaching circles. Should be interesting to see the impact of his coaching style...
    Last edited by torocan; 06-19-2014 at 10:08 PM.
    J.R. Smith: "They were pretty much scoring at will. Especially my guy. I don't know what the hell I was doing on defense."

    Raymond Felton : "The play was give the ball to Melo."

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    101,093
    vCash
    1605
    I thought Price was their man.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    16,974
    vCash
    500
    As a Cavs fan I love it. It's nice to see the organization taking a chance on someone like Blatt rather than going with a retread guy like Gentry. Also, a major bonus for him among Cleveland fans is that he's not named Mike Brown.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,378
    vCash
    1308
    Welcome coach Blatt ... If true

    Edited for future lulz
    Last edited by WITZ; 06-19-2014 at 09:33 PM.
    U MAD BILL???

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    16,974
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA_Starter View Post
    I thought Price was their man.
    There are some rumors around the team that the main reason they interviewed him was for an assistant type role. He may still end up on the staff. It also seemed like with the timing of the interview they were trying to get some good PR after the Calipari story got out.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    16,974
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by WITZ View Post
    Welcome coach Blatt ... If true

    btw for the lulz
    Aw man, you're killing me Witz. I was planning on linking that to the first person that criticized the hire
    Last edited by Melo15; 06-19-2014 at 09:37 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,378
    vCash
    1308
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    Aw man, you're killing me Witz. I was planning on linking that to the first person that criticized the hire
    Not to late to edit broseph doubt many people know who blatt expect this thread to get reply heavy later on should come in handy later.
    U MAD BILL???

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    16,974
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by WITZ View Post
    Not to late to edit broseph doubt many people know who blatt expect this thread to get reply heavy later on should come in handy later.
    Nicely done, sir

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,740
    vCash
    1500
    Never heard of this fellow, but I hope it works out.

    Who the best in the league? You tell me...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFEnNB4aSRs

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    345
    vCash
    1500
    I just hate the Cavs, lol. I hope the guy succeeds but Cleveland fails. Makes no sense, I know, but someway somehow LOL.

    Eisenhower says: SUCK ME.


    Equipo De Chupame.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    cleveland
    Posts
    7,805
    vCash
    1500
    How can u hate cavs? Lol they don't do anything. Must got a lot of hate built up, relax bro relax.

    Good hire though if he accepts. Has experience and success everywhere he's been. Great offense mind.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    16,974
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by JWorthy42 View Post
    I just hate the Cavs, lol. I hope the guy succeeds but Cleveland fails. Makes no sense, I know, but someway somehow LOL.
    I wouldn't laugh too hard at the Cavs failures. Your team is thinking about hiring the man they fired so that they could replace him with Mike Brown.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    101,093
    vCash
    1605
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    There are some rumors around the team that the main reason they interviewed him was for an assistant type role. He may still end up on the staff. It also seemed like with the timing of the interview they were trying to get some good PR after the Calipari story got out.
    True, I'd hate to lose him but understand his connection to Cleveland.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    La Habra, CA
    Posts
    15,595
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    I wouldn't laugh too hard at the Cavs failures. Your team is thinking about hiring the man they fired so that they could replace him with Mike Brown.
    Are you saying lakers are thinking about resigning Mike brown again? LMAO.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ollantaytambo
    Posts
    12,164
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers + Giants View Post
    Are you saying lakers are thinking about resigning Mike brown again? LMAO.
    Byron Scott I think.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •