Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Bears release DL Israel Idonije, TE Fendi Onobun and others.

#Bears have released DL Izzy Idonije, QB Jerrod Johnson, TE Fendi Onobun & S Sean Cattouse. Team signs DE Jamil Merrell & LB Conor O'Neill.
    Pretty expected.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    Sucks about izzy

our future

vCash
    I love Izzy. So sad to see him go.

vCash
    Not Sean Cattouse!

vCash
    Really curious if they go after a Finley or Keller type player they have what just over 5 million in cap space? I wonder if they add another impact type player before the season or go hold onto all the cap just in case they need to make a Ratliff like signing in the middle of the season. Just seems like more cap space than usual there are some interesting names still out there adding a legit receiving TE while probably unnecessary it would still be nice having a TE threat while they are using Bennett in blocking schemes.

vCash
    NFL players on the wrong side of 30 aren't like fine wine.

vCash
    RIP Izzy

#VoteRizzo... or else

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rndy View Post
    Really curious if they go after a Finley or Keller type player they have what just over 5 million in cap space? I wonder if they add another impact type player before the season or go hold onto all the cap just in case they need to make a Ratliff like signing in the middle of the season. Just seems like more cap space than usual there are some interesting names still out there adding a legit receiving TE while probably unnecessary it would still be nice having a TE threat while they are using Bennett in blocking schemes.
    I expect a TE and S signing after final cuts. I think it would be more of blocking TE as oppose to a catching TE. I would assume he would play the role of Britton, but with the added dimension of being a pass catcher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro Journal View Post
    I expect a TE and S signing after final cuts. I think it would be more of blocking TE as oppose to a catching TE. I would assume he would play the role of Britton, but with the added dimension of being a pass catcher.
    Bears already signed a blocking TE in Matthew Mulligan.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...thew-mulligan/

Bennett/Rosario/Mulligan is probably the depth chart unless they think they can upgrade on Rosario with a better backup pass catcher.

vCash
    Knew Izzy would get whacked.

Believe in Seth Rollins

vCash
    Izzy should go the Spice route

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiSportsDaily View Post
    Bears already signed a blocking TE in Matthew Mulligan.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...thew-mulligan/

Bennett/Rosario/Mulligan is probably the depth chart unless they think they can upgrade on Rosario with a better backup pass catcher.
    With that being the case, the Bears should be set at TE.

vCash
    **** that sucks I really thought he would have a shot at cracking the roster.

vCash
    Bears released TE Fendi Onobun.
    Onobun's release comes after a drop-filled minicamp. An annual t-shirt and shorts star, Onobun couldn't even make it to camp this year. Onobun's lone two regular-season receptions came all the way back in 2010 with the Rams.

our future

vCash
    Kind of crazy how far Izzy has dropped his last year here he was very solid was sad to see him leave and our run defense paid for it. Now he can't even make the roster? I hope this is more of we have that much talent on our D line and while Izzy could help they'd rather keep a young guy like CornWash on the team than Izzy.

Unless he just flat out sucks now which is very possible barely played in DET I just thought that was more of how poor of a fit he was for a wide 9 DE usually you need Speed Rushers for that type of defense.