Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Buchholz dominates in latest rehab start; joining team out West

Clay Buchholz turned in a solid outing in his second rehab outing with Triple-A Pawtucket Thursday afternoon in Rochester, New York.

Buchholz finished with six shutout innings, allowing just two hits and two walks while fanning five. The righty didnít allow a single hit until the fifth inning, finishing up with 87 pitches.

The starter, who was placed on the 15-day disabled list, told Ď€˜The Bradfo Show€™ he will join the Red Sox in Oakland, although it is unclear when he might be activated
    weei.com

vCash
    It's frustrating that we are removing two young guys from the rotation that have performed great.

vCash
    For Buccholz, yup, this isn't like Lester was coming back. This is the opt injured, underachiever of all who never been reliable.

vCash
    I'm pretty sure Workman and Rubby have performed better than Clay, Doubront, and Peavy have performed in any similar sized stretch all year. Both have been better than anyone could have expected. I really hate messing with their environment when they are pitching so great. I'm cool with giving Clay starts to hopefully give him some trade value. Peavy is bad and has no future with this team, enough of him. Doubront has not shown close to the same stuff he had last year when he was at his best. We would be better off keeping him in the minors a little longer until he shows better stuff, while giving Webster/Ranaudo a spot start, both of them are pitching well in the minors.

vCash
    too bad none of them can hit because our offense is the one that needs help not our pitchers

vCash
    What the sox do with the pitching staff in 2015 is going to be interesting, considering Lester's contract(which I think if he doesn't sign by the july 31 he's gone), Peavy's gone, Lackey's option, Buchholz's and Doubront's inconsistency's. Is it possible that out of Workman, Webster, Ranaudo, RDLR, Barnes, or even Owens that 3 of them start the year in Boston's rotation?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43- View Post
    I'm pretty sure Workman and Rubby have performed better than Clay, Doubront, and Peavy have performed in any similar sized stretch all year. Both have been better than anyone could have expected. I really hate messing with their environment when they are pitching so great. I'm cool with giving Clay starts to hopefully give him some trade value. Peavy is bad and has no future with this team, enough of him. Doubront has not shown close to the same stuff he had last year when he was at his best. We would be better off keeping him in the minors a little longer until he shows better stuff, while giving Webster/Ranaudo a spot start, both of them are pitching well in the minors.
    That probably would have been a better option although I haven't paid attention to how their turns lined up to the opening. I'm honestly getting a little concerned about how consistently they've skipped Webster; it cannot be helping his confidence any.

My gut says Doubront doesn't perform very well and ends up in the BP as a long man, Workman stays in the rotation after his suspension, and RDLR goes back to PAW to build confidence in building off his fastball (vs the changeup).

Quote Originally Posted by win red sox View Post
    What the sox do with the pitching staff in 2015 is going to be interesting, considering Lester's contract(which I think if he doesn't sign by the july 31 he's gone), Peavy's gone, Lackey's option, Buchholz's and Doubront's inconsistency's. Is it possible that out of Workman, Webster, Ranaudo, RDLR, Barnes, or even Owens that 3 of them start the year in Boston's rotation?
    I think this will depend a lot on whether the Sox buy or sell at the deadline. They made a big deal about how comfortable they were going with two rookies in the lineup b/c of the success that others have had; reading between the lines it says to me that they'd have less confidence going with 3, especially if it's in the rotation. With that as a backdrop, if they manage to trade one of the SP then I'd expect Workman to join the rotation on a regular basis and he'd be more of a 'vet' than a rookie next year. In that case I could see him plus a couple of other fresh faces in the rotation. If that does NOT happen then I'm betting we see no more than two.

vCash
    Good for him. Hoping his injury days are behind him.
    Favourite Teams:

Boston Red Sox: 63-80, games this week vs. Orioles (3), Royals (4)
    Indianapolis Colts: 0-1, Week 2 vs. Eagles
    Minnesota Timberwolves: New team, hoping for good things this season.
    Ottawa Senators: 37-31-14, season over, free agency begins this week.

vCash
    If Buchholz can give this team 30 straight days of health (6 starts) we might actually inch closer to a wild card spot and dare I say the division. Go on a quick tare and win 15 of 19 or something.

I hate to see Rubby leave with Peavy's performance this season. He has no future on this team so might as well get rid of him sooner than later. Couldn't even trust him in last years playoffs, especially if it had went to a game 7 in the World Series.

A retool might lift this team over the top again before the trade deadline, not a rebuild.
    WTA's Next Rising Superstar - #7 in the World

Montreal's Sweetheart Eugenie Bouchard

Go Genie Go!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo Sox Fan View Post
    If Buchholz can give this team 30 straight days of health (6 starts) we might actually inch closer to a wild card spot and dare I say the division. Go on a quick tare and win 15 of 19 or something.
    If the Sox went on a 15-of-19 tear they'd be 49-45. No doubt they'd have all kinds of buzz but when the streak was over they'd still be in fourth place in the AL East assuming that the Yankees and Orioles play somewhere around their current pace.