Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Andrew Luck given more control at the LOS

Andrew Luck is being asked to take greater control at the line of scrimmage. Will go to line with as many as 6 play calls instead of just 2.
    https://twitter.com/JimTrotter_NFL/s...92965535682560

This is going to be fun.
    #3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden

vCash
    I might draft him in the first round this year. I'm expecting 35-40 TDs.

vCash
    Pep is going to get credit for his vastly improved play-calling even though its really Luck calling the plays lol. Luck is going to gift-wrap him a HC job. SMH.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thaShady View Post
    Pep is going to get credit for his vastly improved play-calling even though its really Luck calling the plays lol. Luck is going to gift-wrap him a HC job. SMH.
    So? That's been the story with hundreds of coaches. To deny that Hamilton is a good coach is just blind ignorance, but that doesn't mean he's an NFL head coach either. I think Hamilton fully deserves a chance as the main guy, just not in Indianapolis.

vCash
    I loved Tom Moore and think he is one of the best OCs ever....and he basically just gave Peyton ideas or a list of plays he might like to see from time to time. I think he put the gameplan in and Peyton had a lot of input, and Peyton knew it and what they were trying to do....our offense should be much less predictable with an idea rather than a direction. I think being a good coach is knowing your personnel and what they can handle...in this case I think giving almost complete control to Luck at the LOS may be the first time I've seen Pep actually have a feel for the pulse of this team.

I'm on the fence about Pep because I know he is a really good football mind, I just don't like his force the square peg into a round hole approach to the running game....but If you don't like Pep you should be thrilled at this. The better Pep looks, the faster he will get looks for either NCAA HC jobs or even I'm sure if Luck has a stellar year he could get some NFL HC interviews. You have a young, black, well spoken, head coach candidate...Not trying to get racial or anything, but at the very least he will be one of the first calls to satisfy the Rooney rule....and interviews with well spoken coaches can end up in a job even if they weren't interested in him to begin with.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 06-20-2014 at 09:53 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cardinals1226 View Post
    So? That's been the story with hundreds of coaches. To deny that Hamilton is a good coach is just blind ignorance, but that doesn't mean he's an NFL head coach either. I think Hamilton fully deserves a chance as the main guy, just not in Indianapolis.
    Um....no. Good coaches don't keep running up the middle when the interior line is terrible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thaShady View Post
    Um....no. Good coaches don't keep running up the middle when the interior line is terrible.
    Did you even read what I said or know anything about about the system Hamilton ran at Stanford? Or is this just another spew whatever crap you hate about Hamilton? There were reasons for some of the issues the play calling had. One being Hamilton's inexperience and relying on what success he had at Stanford, thinking that would easily translate to the NFL. Two, the garbage offensive line and a running back by committee for 16 weeks. Hamilton was highly coveted as a head coach for a reason. Instead of writing him off like nearly all you did after four weeks, why not try giving him a fighting chance to improve upon last season, use Luck more, find the offensive best strategy, and have a healthy offense for a change.

vCash
    This is the last chance Pep deserves with the Colts. He has his best TE tandem. He has a monster WR trio... and the best QB he'll likely ever coach. Pep's success will ultimately fall on the offensive line.
    #3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants1213 View Post
    This is the last chance Pep deserves with the Colts. He has his best TE tandem. He has a monster WR trio... and the best QB he'll likely ever coach. Pep's success will ultimately fall on the offensive line.
    I agree, but I think it's hard to judge a coach in one year without any previous experience and 5 starters injuries on offense.

vCash
    I agree, but I think it's hard to judge a coach in one year without any previous experience and 5 starters injuries on offense.
    Agreed. And a ridiculously young team.

#iubb

vCash
    Yeah, but he still should have opened the playbook more in 1st halves. Also no more 3rd and long draws to Havili.
    #3in5

<3