Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash

Anybody else find Pat Riley's speech funny?

I have a lot of respect for Riley as a coach and as an exec. But I also like to call a spade a spade.

Let's be frank. The Raptors did a $#!T job building around Bosh. They could have had Granger, Bosh and Hibbert, instead they had Bargs and Bosh

The Cavs weren't much better with LBJ. Where Bird had McHale and Parisha nd DJ and Maxwell and Walton, Magic had Kareemm and Worhty and Green and Nixon and Scott and Perkins, while Jordan had Pippen and Rodman and Harper and Kukoc. LBJ had Mo Williams.

LBJ and Bosh came to Miami to WIN. I don't fault them that. They've been in the league long enough, and they deserve to put themselves in a winning situation.

Now Rileys syas to these guys: "You don't find the first door and run out if you have the opprotunity." WHAT?!?!?! This is NOT what he was telling them in 2010. He told them RUN OUT THAT DOOR AND COME TO MIAMI!!!

Then he talks about organically growing from within like the Spurs? :Eyes rolling!: They just signed hired guns and ring chasers. The Spurs rely on scouting and player development. That is organic, not waiting to teams to buy out player and them pick them up for the playoff run.

I don't like how Miami built their champions, but it's all good. They followed the rules, took a gamble and it paid off for the last four years. Now the the time is up, though, those same players that came in as hired guns are free to leave as hired guns and now Rile and Spo are talking about "building a team organically" and "loyalty" and "staying together" and not running out the door for the first opportunity that comes along.

The Riley says that the players that have come to us stay a long time. Like Lamar Odom? Who they traded after a season? Or GLen Rice who was a career player and then got traded? Or Bruce Bowen who they let go? Or PJ Brown and Jama Mashburn?

Riley is out to win. I got no problem with that, but when he starts talking about loyalty and keeping players and players staying when he, just like every other GM in the league, is always out to make the team better, even if it means disregarding a loyal player, then he will trade a guy. If he knew he coudl get Kevin Durant for Bosh or Wade, he would dump them in a second.

This rhetoric just makes Riley sound like a desperate old man whose worried that he's going to lose the hired guns he brought in and now wants to start talking about loyalty only because NOW it helps him out, but four years ago he didn't give two $#!T$ about loyalty. All he cared about was winning.

Riley has a brilliant mind, and he took a gamble and it paid off and he deserves credit for what he did, but now that the shoe is on the other foot, he needs to face the fact that he undermined any concept of loyalty that existed for YEARS when it meant he was going to win.

Nothing would make me happier than to see Wade, Bosh and LBJ all take flight from Miami, not to screw Miami fans over, but just to screw Riley over. That guy deserves to have a little egg on his face after this hypocritical speech where he feigns being loyal to players.

And to Miami fans, please, this is not a knock on you guys. This is a knock on Riley. If there were a way for Riley to get egg on his face and Miami fans not get screwed over in the process, I prefer that. But even you have to admit this rhetoric Riley is pulling out is utter garbage. He is acting like a glorified car sales man.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    Look at all the people that have been with the organization since it's inception, former players now working for the team, etc. And you'll see that "Loyalty" isn't exactly lost in the Heat organization.

vCash
    It is hypocritical of him to say, but he is right. Pointing out hypocrisy doesn't disprove the validity of what he's saying.

vCash
    I thought the same. Riley's a slimy piece of ****. He only does things when they're beneficial to him and cries at the first sign of weakness instead of fighting through. Remember when he forced Stan Van Gundy out to take over as head coach when the team started winning? Remember how he retired from coaching as soon as they started losing? He's a frontrunner. Now he's against superstars leaving when things get down and is into building from within? He's a fraud.

vCash
    You can tell one thing for sire, Riley has no clue what the players are going to decide to do, and he's worried.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    You can tell one thing for sire, Riley has no clue what the players are going to decide to do, and he's worried.
    Yup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    It is hypocritical of him to say, but he is right. Pointing out hypocrisy doesn't disprove the validity of what he's saying.
    This is exactly how I feel.

The messenger sucks but the message is accurate.

Riley wasn't speaking to "us" though. He was speaking to Lebron.

vCash

Anybody else find Pat Riley's speech funny?

He seemed kind of douchey this morning

vCash
    Riley is pretty much saying don't do what I did in New York or what you did 2010. Lol that guy...

vCash
    He's annoying and shrewd, doesn't know how to build a team without having superstars sellout.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    this. If I was a heat fan this isn't helping me 'get a grip'. He doesn't sound very convincing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Knicks View Post
    Riley is pretty much saying don't do what I did in New York or what you did 2010. Lol that guy...
    Or what he did when coaching the Heat...

vCash
    He is a ****ing *** hole. He is pissed at us............ ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

What a douche bag low rent piece of ****

vCash
    I know all of them are con-artist...

I just hope one day, I can actually turn on a HEAT game & know that all parties involve are playing the game to win at all cost. Not to create drama, not to hype up a series or a team that has no business being mentioned in the same breath as them.

I would like Pat to only get players that feel this way... So yes, someone has to leave town.

# F the script

Enjoy Haters
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQkyxNNNefg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImlKH...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

vCash
    Oh and about Pat*speech.

I thought noting of it, because all of them know... Lbj, Wade, Micky Arison, Bosh, Pat Riley, Melo, all of their friends, the Mob, Vegas, the Bank, Time Warner, Comcast, the higher ups in the league office; whats going to happen.

This is big business, there are no real surprises, so whats the point of us worrying about it. I just hope that Pat can get players in here that will not bow to the higher ups.

Enjoy Haters
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQkyxNNNefg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImlKH...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast