Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Atlanta Braves (36-35) @ Washington Nationals (37-33) 6/19-6/22

@

Atlanta Braves @Washington Nationals

Thursday, 6/19 7:05 PM

Gavin Floyd, RHP (1-2, 2.98 ERA/4.03 FIP/3.60 xFIP) vs Jordan Zimmermann, RHP (5-3, 2.98 ERA/2.98 FIP/3.18 xFIP)

Floyd gave up more than three earned runs in a start for the first time as a Brave in his last outing, but he still managed to toss 6 1/3 innings. Atlanta's taxed bullpen could use another long outing from Floyd.

Zimmermann surrendered one earned run on three hits over eight innings against the Cardinals in his latest start but got the loss. It is the only run the right-hander has allowed in his past three starts, all of which lasted at least eight innings.
    Friday, 6/20 7:05 PM

Mike Minor, LHP (2-4, 4.42 ERA/4.42 FIP/3.56 xFIP) vs Stephen Strasburg, RHP (6-5, 3.06 ERA/2.43 FIP/2.49 xFIP)

Homers continue to haunt Minor, as the two he gave up in his last start put the Braves in an early hole. After pitching six innings or more in 30 of 32 starts last year, he hasn't yet done so in back-to-back outings this year.

Strasburg allowed three runs on seven hits over 6 2/3 innings in a 4-1 loss in St. Louis his last time out. It ended at three a stretch of starts in which he gave up fewer than three earned runs.

Saturday, 6/21 7:15 PM

Julio Teheran, RHP (6-4, 2.31 ERA/3.54 FIP/3.78 xFIP) vs Doug Fister, RHP (5-2, 3.08 ERA/4.28 FIP/3.66 xFIP)

Teheran continued his dominance east of the Mississippi River in his last turn, limiting the Phillies to four hits in eight frames. He has surrendered two earned runs or fewer (twice against the Nationals) in 12 of 15 starts.

The Cardinals tagged Fister for four runs -- his most allowed since his season debut on May 9 -- on seven hits, including two home runs, on June 15. Before that outing, the right-hander won five straight starts.

Sunday, 6/22 1:35 PM

Ervin Santana, RHP (5-4, 4.12 ERA/3.55 FIP/3.38 xFIP) vs Tanner Roark, RHP (6-4, 2.85 ERA/3.38 FIP/3.75 xFIP)

Santana recorded his third quality start in his past four outings on Tuesday, but that masks his very real recent struggles. Since posting a 1.99 ERA in his first six starts, the righty has a 6.17 ERA in his past seven.

Roark struggled with his command in his previous start, against the Astros, but battled through five innings and surrendered only one run. The right-hander has allowed four earned runs over four starts in June.

vCash
    Don't have to state the importance of this series. Already back 1.5 games..we've just played some ****** *** baseball...but now facing a team that we have used as our spring board of late. Have to keep using that or we're going to be put in a hole we may not get out of.

vCash
    David O'Brien @ajcbraves 6s
    Waiting for official word on reliever Juan Jaime being called up, but told he's been pitching much better lately at Gwinnett
    David O'Brien @ajcbraves 59s
    #Braves JUpton not 100 percent yet, will take another day of rest, manager's decision
    ajc

vCash
    Juan Jamie up..Beato down. Another power reliever..could definitely help..if his control is good.

TLS
    B.J
    Freeman
    EOB
    J-hey
    Chris
    Doumit
    Simba
    Floyd

vCash
    I'm okay with TLS leading off, but I see no point on the switch if we are still going to hit BJ second. there are a couple of lineups that I think it will be best for the team chance of scoring runs and in both of them BJ is batting 8th, because....he's our worst hitter...by far.

TLS
    Justin
    Freeman
    Gattis
    Heyward
    CJ
    Simmons
    BJ
    Pitcher

Heyward
    TLS
    Justin
    Freeman
    Gattis
    CJ
    Simmons
    BJ
    Pitcher

At the end of the day it won't matter which lineup we use if the players on it don't perform well and can't produce with runners on, I just want to give our better hitters (Justin,Freeman,Gattis) more at bats than our worst (BJ,Simmons).

The chances of winning this series are slim, we are a .500 team right now while the Nats are playing good baseball. If we can split this series I will feel great, one thing we have in our favor is that this Braves team tend to play better against the Nats, let's see if the magic continues.

vCash
    I am fine with Heyward hitting 5th, at least it is not leadoff, no better time to turn this thing around than against these *******!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    I'm okay with TLS leading off, but I see no point on the switch if we are still going to hit BJ second. there are a couple of lineups that I think it will be best for the team chance of scoring runs and in both of them BJ is batting 8th, because....he's our worst hitter...by far.

TLS
    Justin
    Freeman
    Gattis
    Heyward
    CJ
    Simmons
    BJ
    Pitcher

Heyward
    TLS
    Justin
    Freeman
    Gattis
    CJ
    Simmons
    BJ
    Pitcher

At the end of the day it won't matter which lineup we use if the players on it don't perform well and can't produce with runners on, I just want to give our better hitters (Justin,Freeman,Gattis) more at bats than our worst (BJ,Simmons).

The chances of winning this series are slim, we are a .500 team right now while the Nats are playing good baseball. If we can split this series I will feel great, one thing we have in our favor is that this Braves team tend to play better against the Nats, let's see if the magic continues.
    Well we've already talked about one reason, no matter how successful or rather unsuccessful he's been at it. But I'll give you a 2nd!Maybe F-Gon trust Jason to drive in runs hitting 5th than he does Chris. Jason his hitting .329/.378/.500/.878 with runners on and .348/.404/.543/.947 with RISP. compared to .284/.306/.365/.671 and with RISP .269/.298/.327/.625 for Johnson.

By the way BJ has a 5 game hitting streak.

vCash
    EOB was all over that pitch but right at the 3B.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA_Starter View Post
    I am fine with Heyward hitting 5th, at least it is not leadoff, no better time to turn this thing around than against these *******!
    the problem here is BJ in 2 hole, not JH in 1 hole, for me is fine JH bating 5 if JUP is out, they have to removed BJ from the 2 hole for sure.

vCash
    I don't want to speculate but that does not look good for Floyd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nba_starter View Post
    i don't want to speculate but that does not look good for floyd.
    not good sing when the pitcher ask for the trainer.

vCash
    I hope leaving those three runners on in the eighth doesn't cost us.

vCash
    Solid win but the bad news...Floyd broke his elbow
    ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLKoos16 View Post
    Solid win but the bad news...Floyd broke his elbow
    Damn, is that official already?

Well I guess that is why it is good to have Wood already stretching out in the minors but I feel terrible for Floyd!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA_Starter View Post
    Damn, is that official already?

Well I guess that is why it is good to have Wood already stretching out in the minors but I feel terrible for Floyd!
    Yep, these are back to back tweets from DOB...

#Braves Floyd broke his elbow

#Braves Floyd has fractured olecranon in elbow, flying back to see team docs in ATL tomorrow
    ]

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast