Round 2: WR Allen Robinson
    Round 3: OT Jack Mewhort
    Round 3: RB Bishop Sankey
    Round 4: CB Victor Hampton
    Round 4: ILB Preston Brown
    Round 5: ILB Avery Williamson
    Round 6: WR Ryan Grant

vCash
    Does Eli automatically get the green light because of the rings, or has he been overthrown as the best in the east? My vote is for Eli, he has earned my respect as the best and its really difficult to win a championship, and he did it twice. Not a fluke.
    Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners Los Angeles Clippers Anaheim Ducks

Tweet me @Spencerrw3
    Go Hawks

vCash
    It's Eli undoubtedly, and thats coming from someone that thinks higher of Tony Romo than most Cowboy fans. I think they're both top 10 QBs. And its way more than championships. It's arm talent, its intelligence, its presnap adjustments. His accuracy isnt and never will be elite and he'll always be overaggressive, but all of his major down seasons have had negatively inflated numbers that didn't/don't represent what he is as a player.

I think RG3 or Foles could develop into that guy, RG3 has way better talent, and Foles has way better coaching and surrounding talent. So it will likely be Foles, because surrounding talent and scheme is way more important than individual talent. 11 man game, not 1 man game.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    It's Eli undoubtedly, and thats coming from someone that thinks higher of Tony Romo than most Cowboy fans. I think they're both top 10 QBs. And its way more than championships. It's arm talent, its intelligence, its presnap adjustments. His accuracy isnt and never will be elite and he'll always be overaggressive, but all of his major down seasons have had negatively inflated numbers that didn't/don't represent what he is as a player.

I think RG3 or Foles could develop into that guy, RG3 has way better talent, and Foles has way better coaching and surrounding talent. So it will likely be Foles, because surrounding talent and scheme is way more important than individual talent. 11 man game, not 1 man game.
    hahahaha thanks for the laugh man, you made my day. I won't deny Eli has definitely had his moments, but to say he is "undoubtedly" the best is comical. It's also very convenient of you to disregard "all of his major down seasons"…Great players don't have major down seasonS.

The jury is still out on Foles, he needs to have a good year to join the discussion, but if he can have another good year and prove himself I think it is fair to say he is the guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by XpLiCiTT View Post
    hahahaha thanks for the laugh man, you made my day. I won't deny Eli has definitely had his moments, but to say he is "undoubtedly" the best is comical. It's also very convenient of you to disregard "all of his major down seasons"…Great players don't have major down seasonS.

The jury is still out on Foles, he needs to have a good year to join the discussion, but if he can have another good year and prove himself I think it is fair to say he is the guy.
    I'm glad I could brighten your day with a laugh, but regardless of what the media tells you, I'm not going to hold a guy to impossible standards. It's an 11 man game, not a 1 man game. And I hold that standard across all QB's. I absolutely don't think it was remotely Peyton's fault for the loss/abysmal performance in the SB. If a QB has no time to throw the ball and no open WRs to throw to, its not his fault if he puts up bad numbers. End of story, its literally impossible to ask for success in those conditions. It's like telling someone to row a kayak through grass.

I don't disregard anything Eli has done, I just don't think you can look at numbers and results without the context of what occurred with the 10 other players on offense and the 11 players on defense each day.

In his high INT 2009 season, I will absolutely put a large amount of the INTs on the receivers. It was a year of bad luck with an extraordinarily high amount of tipped and bouncing picks. In his high INT season last year, it was largely the fault of probably the worst OL in the NFL and receivers unable to get separation vs man. I mean you're an eagles game, you watched the games last year, they played man press with no help on the outside and triple bracketed Cruz in the slot inside/outside with a nickel and a LB and a high safety sitting over top.

His worst season was easily 2012 yet that wasn't nearly as bad statistically as 2009 or 2013. I started to doubt his future then with seemingly falling off arm strength and I thought he had just taken too many hits at that pointe brought a live arm and smart QB play back in 2013, but his OL and receivers let him down. Let him down to the point that he definitely did change the way he played at the end of the year and was not as good a QB he should've been because of developing flaws in adapting to playing behind that line.

I'm a Giants fan, and admittedly, a bit of an Eli fan because he's like the offensive lineman of QBs - no credit, but all the blame. Fights through injuries, tough as nails, doesn't complain, keeps his composure. He's a rare football player at QB, regardless of how unathletic he is. That said, I hold no allegiances to his rankings amongst fans nor his roster spot with the Giants. I just want the best players on the field, and when Giants players are bad or give poor effort, I absolutely wont defend them. You wont see a Giants fan defend "stars" like JPP and Justin Tuck much less than me. I'm defending Eli in this question, because he is the best QB. Period. Foles or RG3 can likely become that guy and I already said it will likely be Foles. But Eli can still play. If his line is at all improved this year, we can come back to this at the end of the year, because I'm still insanely confident in Eli - and people will be surprised by his #'s this year in a higher efficiency short-to-long passing game.

Feel free to click the link in my sig to get a better idea of how skewed individual (Eli's in this case) numbers really are in an 11 man game.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    Eli Manning has had only like 2 or 3 really good regular seasons. I'll admit he becomes a better player in the playoffs, usually, as the rings might indicate. He has only had a passer rating over 90 twice in his career. You compare that to Romo who has had a passer rating of 90+ every single year he has been in the league.

I'm not trying to bash Eli, I even admitted he has had his moments of greatness. But to say he is "undoubtedly" the best QB in the division, at this point, is absolutely comical.

vCash
    For me is go
    Foles
    Romo
    Rg3

Eli

vCash
    Foles
    Romo
    RG3
    Eli

I'm an Eagles fan but Romo gives me the most headaches out of the rest. He's a little weasel in the pocket but he's good. Too bad he's a world class choke artist. RGIII, well his rookie season was fun. Don't see his ceiling to go that much higher. Eli is just the biggest anomaly, he really is. I want to say he's flat out terrible but you never know what you're gonna get out of Eli at the start of each season. Foles though... He's the real deal!

vCash
    1. Romo
    2. Eli
    3. Foles
    4. RG3

In two-three years:

1. Foles
    2. RG3
    3. Romo
    4. Eli

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    The best is Eli but he's played like shiat for 1.5 years. The fickle will promote others based on their fantasy stats much like they praise, then dropped and now praise Philip Rivers.

Fact is, this is big year for all of them

1 Eli - return to for an extension or anything can happen by this time next year
    2. Romo - it's the same story.
    3. Foles - will the offense continue to roll or will defenses end yet another unique offense overnight
    4. RGIII - stay in the pocket will raise his ranks.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash

Best NFC East QB

I love the logic. "Eli has played like complete **** for nearly 2 years, but he is the best".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by XpLiCiTT View Post
    I love the logic. "Eli has played like complete **** for nearly 2 years, but he is the best".
    Guessing you prefer to promote your QB after one year of work very much like the RGIII bandwagon did after one year. Now that's logic . . . for fantasy players.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    The best is Eli but he's played like shiat for 1.5 years.
    I have 27 reasons why Eli is not the best quarterback in the NFC East right now.

vCash
    Eli or Romo, and it's not even close in my book. For now, I'd say it's most likely Romo. But anyway, I'll keep an open mind for Foles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast