Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Ortiz: The Scorekeepers are Always Horrible

In the latest show of disagreement with a scorekeeper (and there have been others), the designated hitter yelled up at the press box and gave a thumbs down in the direction of scorekeeper Bob Ellis after Ellis ruled a play on which Ortiz reached an error.

The play occurred in the bottom of the seventh, when Ortiz hit a ball toward first base that Joe Mauer was unable to handle. The play was followed up by a Mike Napoli inning-ending double play, but Ortiz was more upset with not being credited with the hit than the Sox failing to capitalize late in a scoreless game.

Even after tying the game with a solo shot in the 10th inning, Ortiz wasn’t done showing his frustration with not getting the hit.

“It’€™s always so hard here, man,” Ortiz said after he and Napoli hit back-to-back shots to win the game. “€œI thought they were supposed to have your back at home, and it never happens. It’€™s always like that. I’ve been here for more than a decade and the scorekeepers here are always horrible. This is home, man.

“What do you want Mauer to do? He dove for the ball and knocked it down. I always look like I am the bad guy, but they always end up changing it. Don’€™t be just checking on Papi, check on the scorekeeper. See what he’€™s doing wrong. It’€™s something that’€™s getting out of control.”
    weei.com

vCash
    I'm getting tired of these frequent rants.

Dear David,

Firstly: One hit isn't going to all of a sudden bump your .246 BA up to .300. If the season ended today, this would be your second worst BA in your Red Sox career.

Secondly: You do sound like the bad person as you're speaking in the third person and complain about every little thing. For example, your annual Spring Training complaint about your contract. Next year, you will all of a sudden state that you can play until you're 50, hell you're just a DH, right? Next year you will be 39 and making 16 million, because of the aforementioned contract complaint, and as a 40 year old you will potentially be making 10 million if you reach 425 PA in 2015.

Thirdly: Stop with the complaints and get on with helping the team instead of complaining about one measly hit.

Lastly: We appreciate your vital role in the recent Red Sox championships and your accomplishments, but stop sounding like a whiny little *****. (I would have said girl, but then David Price would say, "What's wrong with being a whiny girl." Then there would be articles written about political correctness, etc.)

**CAN'T STAND DAVID PRICE**

vCash
    I've been on Ortiz for this crap for years. The official scorer is supposed to be even handed, although we know home players often get a break. But to blatantly complain about a call in game is atrocious.

Just reminds me that he'll be getting paid after he's not playing, because it's all about "respect". I respect the hell out of him as a hitter in the clutch, but in most other ways he's a spoiled pig.

vCash
    ^^ Do you want the tee set higher or lower next time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxtober View Post
    ^^ Do you want the tee set higher or lower next time.
    I'd say that was just right...

Guy sits on top of the world, the least he could do is act regal.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    If there's any good news out of this story it's that he's getting MAJOR blowback regarding his comments.

vCash
    I am one of Papi's biggest defenders but I can't defend him on this. Who cares David? Is this really the most important thing you have to worry about with a team that is in 4th place and is well below .500?

Darryl
    Ut In Omnibus Glorificetur Deus

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=507682257