Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Embiid suffers foot injury

Joel Embiid suffers foot injury
    Jeff Goodman [ARCHIVE]

ESPN.com | June 19, 2014

Joel Embiid, considered the front-runner to be the No. 1 overall pick in the NBA draft, has suffered a right foot injury, his agent and his mentor both confirmed to ESPN.com on Thursday.

"He suffered a foot injury to his right foot, sometime over the last few days,'' agent Arn Tellem told ESPN's Andy Katz by phone Thursday. "He's getting evaluations from various doctors and experts in the field. We'll know more Friday.''

Cooper Neill/Getty Images
    Joel Embiid averaged 11.2 points, 8.1 rebounds and 2.6 blocks this past season as a freshman at Kansas.
    One source told ESPN.com that Embiid "may have broken" his foot, but Tellem wouldn't speculate on the seriousness of the injury until he had heard back from doctors. Tellem also said it was unlikely he would be doing any more workouts before the draft, which is June 26.

Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, Embiid's mentor, also was not certain as to the extent of the injury.

"I just heard he got hurt," said Mbah a Moute, who is overseas.

Embiid was scheduled to work out for Milwaukee Bucks, who hold the second overall pick, later this week.

The 7-foot native of Cameroon was already dealing with health questions regarding his back, which forced him to miss the Big 12 and NCAA tournament.

He worked out for the Cleveland Cavaliers earlier this month -- who have the No. 1 overall pick in the draft -- and sources said he fared well and the medical testing also came back without much concern.

Embiid also participated in a 1-on-0 workout in front of NBA teams in Santa Monica, Calif.

Embiid averaged 11.2 points, 8.1 rebounds and 2.6 blocks this past season as a freshman at Kansas.

Cleveland could also opt to select Duke freshman Jabari Parker or Kansas wing Andrew Wiggins with the No. 1 overall pick.

ESPN's Andy Katz and ESPN NBA Insider Chad Ford contributed to this report.

vCash
    The Cavs HAVE to take Exum now. It's their obligation to botch this. This is their chance to find a way to NOT take Embiid/Parker/Wiggins. Do it for us, Cleveland!

Edit: Woj said the Cavs were bringing in Exum for a workout, BTW.
    Last edited by ManRam; 06-19-2014 at 12:04 PM.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    This could be a blessing in disguise. Maybe Cleveland will do the right move now and take Wiggins.

vCash
    Take Wiggins Cleveland.

vCash
    This blows! I really like Embiid. Depending on the severity of the injury, I'd still be tempted to take Embiid.

vCash
    If I'm Cleveland, I would be talking to the 76ers to trade down, get an extra pick, and gain Thaddeous Young. If they indeed want to still get Embiid, select him at 3 and gain an extra pick.

GO LAKERS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Teeboy1487 View Post
    If I'm Cleveland, I would be talking to the 76ers to trade down, get an extra pick, and gain Thaddeous Young. If they indeed want to still get Embiid, select him at 3 and gain an extra pick.
    Lmao Philly's offer is a SNL skit compared to what Orlando could offer if they want that pick.
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Teeboy1487 View Post
    Lol, I like the optimism but there's no way Cleveland still takes Embiid. Especially if he broke his foot (like the rumors imply).

After this injury it's going to be Wiggins, Parker, then Embiid.

Welcome to the Sixers buddy. But for ****s sake stay healthy.
    WE BUILDIN

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    Lmao Philly's offer is a SNL skit compared to what Orlando could offer if they want that pick.
    I agree the Thad offer is laughable, but were the Magic ever really in play in the first place?

They have more assets than Philly but they only have the #4 and #12 pick. They were on the outside looking in, and I doubt the Cavs would want to move down to #4 if they had their eyes set on Embiid.
    WE BUILDIN

vCash
    This has to make sixer fans cringe ...

It was really looking like wiggins would still fall to them at 3 with embiid going 1 and bucks seeming to like Parker at 2 ... now I can deff see Wiggins 1 and Parker 2 .... leaving sixers with choosing between embiid exum vonleh or randle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SeoulBeatz View Post
    I agree the Thad offer is laughable, but were the Magic ever really in play in the first place?

They have more assets than Philly but they only have the #4 and #12 pick. They were on the outside looking in, and I doubt the Cavs would want to move down to #4 if they had their eyes set on Embiid.
    Ok being I said "If they want that pick". Quick scenario: hey Cleveland your eyeing a center? Ok we have one.22years old and already a double double guy and a top 3 rebounder. Oh I'll add in Tobias Harris and if you got some bad contracts I'll take them too.
    And what's the big deal moving down to 4 if they're now working out a guy mocked at 4 in Exum?
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrAv=MaGiCfReAk View Post
    This has to make sixer fans cringe ...

It was really looking like wiggins would still fall to them at 3 with embiid going 1 and bucks seeming to like Parker at 2 ... now I can deff see Wiggins 1 and Parker 2 .... leaving sixers with choosing between embiid exum vonleh or randle
    Wiggins and Parker are going 1/2 and it was never gonna be different

vCash
    How do you break your foot a week before the draft? What the heck was he doing?

She can turn my "Paige" anytime!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kobe4thewinbang View Post
    @WojYahooNBA: Cleveland doctors discovered right foot injury in exams and passed info onto Embiid reps, sources tell Yahoo. Fear is a right foot fracture.
    Damn, Yao alert !!!!!

Dude it can happen walking around the house
    Last edited by MagicBucsSox; 06-19-2014 at 12:58 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kobe4thewinbang View Post
    You can break a foot doing anything. Fluke injuries happen.

Hell, he could have done it playing basketball too. Working out for a team...or just working out, period.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast