Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Nuggets in the race for Love?

Steve Bulpett @SteveBHoop
    Follow
    Sources: in addition to Wilson Chandler and Kenneth Faried, Denver offering Minnesota a player they would acquire (Arron Afflalo) for Love.
    10:49 PM - 18 Jun 2014
    Steve Bulpett (@SteveBHoop) tweeted at 11:09 PM on Wed, Jun 18, 2014:
    Note: Denver's pick (No. 11) NOT included in what I've heard Minnesota can get. Tweets attributing that to me are incorrect.
    Why would Denver go for love if it meant giving up faried and Chandler? What would there line up even be?

Also it mentions afflalo involved ... wonder what orlando gets back
    Last edited by TrAv=MaGiCfReAk; 06-18-2014 at 11:46 PM.

vCash
    You never know with these sources, lol...

I don't even know who's the hot stuff on Nuggets these days. Will Galinari be healthy next season?

I guess Lawson, Nate, Galinari, McGee and Love?

I don't think Chandler does much for Denver, and Faried is just energy really.

Are the Nuggets under the cap? Maybe they'll sign some players.

Who the best in the league? You tell me...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFEnNB4aSRs

vCash
    I thought Gallo if healthy, Faried and the draft pick would be what they would want to use to get it done. You aren't replacing Love with what you get back, but those would replace some parts of his game.

Of course all this is moot if Love doesn't want to stay in Denver, and that is tough to go for. Lawson, McGee, Love, etc... Hard to sell that as a marked improvement over where Love is coming from.

And Faried showed a LOT more than just energy down the stretch last season once he started buying in to Shaw's gameplan. He was a 19/10 type of guy after the all star break. If you think that is just energy from a guy in his early 20's, what are you thinking a well coached version of him could do.
    Last edited by slashsnake; 06-19-2014 at 02:10 AM.

vCash
    That doesn't help the rebuilding Wolves.

I'd take the Celtics offer if they are giving a pick.

vCash
    Doesn't make a whole lot of sense for either team. Not sure why we would do it knowing he won't re-sign.

vCash
    @Raps It looks like they don't want to rebuild, they want proven players and that's what they would get in Faried,Chandler,Afflalo

vCash
    Not sure what else they could offer us besides the 11th pick for Afflalo. And to me that seems like a hefty price.

vCash
    That would be an awful trade for MIN.

Faried is a FA after this year...they will either lose him or have to pay him big money, CHandler is very injury prone and has regressed since his NYK days... And Afflalo is someone you add if you're ready to contend...which MIN is nowhere near ready.

There isn't a single player of great value in that deal for MIN

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    That would be an awful trade for MIN.

Faried is a FA after this year...they will either lose him or have to pay him big money, CHandler is very injury prone and has regressed since his NYK days... And Afflalo is someone you add if you're ready to contend...which MIN is nowhere near ready.

There isn't a single player of great value in that deal for MIN

It's better than getting 2 garbage players and late 1st rd draft picks. Faried is improving yearly and he is a rfa so unless someone offers him a lot of money they won't have to spend too much on him. Wilson chandler still puts up 14 pts a game and gives you great defense and afflalo is a starting sg on 90% of the teams in this league.
    "There are only two or three superstars in the league anyways," Karl said early in the season.

Agreed

vCash
    the thing people are forgetting is that they play in the same divison. why would the wolves want to stack another western conference team like the Warriors, Nuggets, Rockets, etc... when they can send him far away and never worry about having to face him in the playoffs? also, as a nuggs fan, he wouldn't resign here, he doesn't play defense and he is upgrading our 2nd best position. my guess is this doesn't happen.

vCash
    As a nuggets fan, our biggest issue is having a bunch of depth talent without enough star talent, so I love that they are starting to work on the 3 for 1 type trades they need to make. But I dont like rentals and I dont see any chance Love sticks with us.

I do like that we would be keeping #11 though

and magic fans Im sure what you would get for Afflalo is something centered on Evan Fournier

I would hate to get Afflalo back and trade him away though I still miss him twice as much as I ever missed Melo, worst move Masai made in Denver for sure. Especially cause we had to deal with that traitorous POS Iguodala

vCash
    It makes absolutely no sense for the Wolves to go after all proven veterans. They need to get younger. The hope would be to stockpile young players and hope you can mimic the 50 win nuggets teams from previous years. No real star power but a deep team with a lot of quality players.

If we couldn't make the playoffs with love going after a deal like the Denver one makes no sense. We need draft picks especially so we can have guys under contract for a few years so we can start to develop a quality team.

vCash
    That's a horrible trade. Nuggets have no value for minny. The other packages from other teams are way better
    Toney the savior

@I_am_iman
    "two very winnable games"...FOH #Knickstape #mobdeep #NYKallday

vCash
    i'm just honestly worried that this affects kenneth faried who imo proved his value last season as a cornerstone to this team. The shooting of Lawson, Foye, Gallo and Love would be incredible but i honestly see a team that's not in minny's division making a better offer or love saying he won't extend and this only pissing off a guy who's looking for an extension and has been dealing with trade rumors for a long while now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IgglesFanInCO View Post
    As a nuggets fan, our biggest issue is having a bunch of depth talent without enough star talent, so I love that they are starting to work on the 3 for 1 type trades they need to make. But I dont like rentals and I dont see any chance Love sticks with us.

I do like that we would be keeping #11 though

and magic fans Im sure what you would get for Afflalo is something centered on Evan Fournier

I would hate to get Afflalo back and trade him away though I still miss him twice as much as I ever missed Melo, worst move Masai made in Denver for sure. Especially cause we had to deal with that traitorous POS Iguodala
    Dead on, from another Eagles fan in Colorado. Going 11 men deep is great in the regular season, but more star talent usually takes the lead when going to a 7 man playoff rotation. I loved watching Afflalo. I liked Dahntay Jones, he was physical and had some freakish dunks, but Afflalo was just so smooth and so much more talented.

I am surprised Fournier has any value. I get that he's young and European but he doesn't look that good to me. His D is pretty bad, his shot is erratic, and he doesn't do much else offensively.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast