Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

If the Bills moved, would they still be your team? Who would you root for?

I think the likelihood of the Bills staying in Buffalo is far greater than them leaving, but this is a question that's been asked of me by friends and this forum can always use another conversation starter.

Assuming the Bills relocate, change their name, and become an entirely new franchise in their new city, would they still be your team? If not, who would you root for?

I can honestly say that it would be hard to follow who ever the Bills would become should they move. There's always the remote chance that a franchise comes back to Buffalo and uses the Bills name and trademark again, as was the case with Cleveland. In that situation, if you followed the old team to their new home and the Bills come back, how do you ditch the new team you're following? It's a really nasty situation.

Personally, if the Bills left and changed their name, I couldn't follow them anymore. They'd be a new franchise and I would have no emotional attachment to them. It would also create the before mentioned problem of who do you root for if the city gets a football team back 10 years down the road. My new team would probably be the Detroit Lions, both because of the strong connections to the Bills and because I've always rooted for them on Thanksgivings (other than 1994 when they played us). The Bears would be an obvious choice, given that I'm a Cubs and Blackhawks fan.

It isn't something that I like to think about, but like I said, people have asked me. What would you guys do?

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

vCash
    If we lost the bills, I would be too upset to watch football and wouldn't follow any team.

Thank God we have Pegula, who will bid as much as he has to, in order to keep the team here. After him selling of 1.75 billion worth of Acreage, there should be no doubt in anyone's mind that they are staying.

vCash
    the patriots

kidding. i would be cheering for the Toronto Bills.

still kidding.
    honestly, I would probably just enjoy the game of football. every year i pick a team to have a break out season and i've been right a few years in a row now. Seahawks, 49ers, cardinals, Giants, GB. I'm still undecided for this year but i think I might go Atlanta this year. I came into the league cheering for GB, so i would probably go back that way if the bills left buffalo.
    Last edited by ChongInc.; 06-20-2014 at 05:58 PM.

Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

vCash
    I'd honestly become a casual football fan. I'd be pretty upset at the NFL if they left. I wouldn't feel any attachment to the team if they moved. I'd probably root against them as a franchise.

vCash
    I would enjoy the game with no team or possibly start rooting for the Giants since I live and have lived in Northern NJ (South Jersey tends to gravitate towards Philadelphia sports teams) most of my life. The only other time I didn't live in NJ, I lived in Buffalo, which is how I became a Bills fan.

vCash
    Would anyone's opinion change if they moved the team but still were called the Bills? Silly question but sub-consciously I think I would still be a fan.

Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Would anyone's opinion change if they moved the team but still were called the Bills? Silly question but sub-consciously I think I would still be a fan.

Mine wouldn't change. I just couldn't be a fan.