Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Lakers Need Smart at #7

For years now, the Lakers have had mixed results with their point guards. Mostly, they've relied on veteran guards like Derek Fisher and Steve Nash. For small amounts of time, Steve Blake, Chris Duhon, and Smush Parker all had turns starting at point. What do they all have in common? They couldn't guard the computer that you're reading right now. As someone who plays fantasy basketball daily, the smart money for point guards is to take whichever point guards gets to abuse the Lakers on a given night, especially during the D'Antoni era.

Enter Marcus Smart. He was top 3 in the nation in steals during both of his seasons at Oklahoma State and consistently shut down opposing point guards. At 6'3, 227 lbs, he's a physical specimen for the point guard position and his size, athleticism, and quick hands make him a nightmare for opposing point guards. If he's available at #7, Mitch should take the opportunity to solve their point guard problems for the next decade. On top of all this, he's known to have a monstrous competitive streak and he'd get to play next to the most competitive player in the world.

I wrote a full scouting report on Marcus Smart here at http://freeagentzero.com/2014/06/16/...-marcus-smart/ if anyone wanted to check him out. I don't see any way he doesn't become a solid starting PG in the league.

vCash
    I want Smart since I know we got #7 pick

Count me in

vCash
    Looking at the draft board.

Smart will drop in the Lakers Lap.

vCash
    Only smart people would get Smart and Jim Buss aint smart.

vCash
    Smart is one of my top choices at 7. Just hope Mitch will take what we need,right now any position that isn't the sg spot would be great if filled with a good 7 pick.

"No tats on the right arm.Strictly for buckets" -Nick Young A.K.A Swaggy-P

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleLynch View Post
    Smart is one of my top choices at 7. Just hope Mitch will take what we need,right now any position that isn't the sg spot would be great if filled with a good 7 pick.
    Agreed. With the roster we have now, you just take the best player available and if it fills a need, then it's just icing on the cake. Smart would most likely be the best player available and would fill a need that's been there for like a decade now.

vCash
    Hypothetically speaking, if Gordon, Vonleah and Randle are available, would you guys still want Smart?
    Ladies and Gentlemen, your 2013-2014 Los Angeles Lakers:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DisBeAliG View Post
    Hypothetically speaking, if Gordon, Vonleah and Randle are available, would you guys still want Smart?
    That's the issue here, by 7 two of those guys will be gone so it will be Smart vs probably Randle, very tough situation. BUT the Lakers need to think long term, if we sign Love next season then there's no point of drafting Randle.

vCash
    I want Smart as well, assuming Exum is off the board.

vCash

Other than the top 3 automatic picks.

Only player I would take over Smart is Exum.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Other than the top 3 automatic picks.

Only player I would take over Smart is Exum.

Your baby can't do this

vCash
    I would for sure. I like all 3, but just think Smart is the real deal and the surest of them all to be a solid NBA player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    I want Smart as well, assuming Exum is off the board.
    LOL Exum will def be gone, Smart is the 2nd best PG available tho, I truly believe the Lakers will eventually draft him just for the fact that Randle is a question mark health wise

vCash
    If it's simply between Smart and Randall, then to me it's a no-brainer. Gotta go with Smart.

vCash
    Purely hypothetical, because at least two of those four would be gone by the 7th pick, but I would take Vonleh.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast