Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Is Avila tipping pitches?

He caught all 3 Rangers games & both Royals games so far. It just doesn't make any sense as to why teams are just teeing off on our pitchers like that. We went into Texas red hot and they were slumping, then Boom!

I have no proof of this, or even know if it would have such a huge effect, but maybe someone can chime in on this. Is Avila tipping pitches? I find him to be a very lazy player in general, so maybe teams are picking things up off of him.

2013 & 2014 Lions Forum Draft Prediction Game Champion

vCash
    Damnit, I was hoping you had some kinda theory or a link to show Avila was tipping, that would've left me feeling a little better knowing it was a correctable issue...

oh well, good to see you in the Tigers forum though!

vCash
    Yeah, it's Avila's fault the pitchers can't throw strikes consistantly and also meatballs.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Yeah, it's Avila's fault the pitchers can't throw strikes consistantly and also meatballs.
    If you've ever played baseball at a high level, you'd know that tipping pitches was an actual thing. I'm not saying it's a sure thing, I'm saying it bears discussion.

**** the bears

vCash
    lol

**** the Tigers right now.

If he was tipping pitches the base stealers would be stealing at a much higher clip. Also, pitchers tip pitches a lot more then catchers.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    LMFAO !!!!!!!!!
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    I just think Scherzer and Verlander blow right now and that's a large part of why we've been getting these blowout games. Add in the bullpen is terrible and you have a recipe for disaster. Royals were also coming in hot this series so I figured at least one game this series they'd have a break out performance. Just didn't figure two in a row (Probably 3 or 4 if the rain doesn't cancel the last 2 games).

vCash
    Yes the Royals are hot right now. But to be the best you have to have your best show up. If our best two starters don't give us a chance to win whats the rest of the staff going to do to help? These are the games we need to win. What was it two weeks ago we had a 6-7 game lead ? Welcome to second place.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    I would guess that he isn't otherwise it would be even worse for us right now. Scherzer just through a complete game shutout..did AA catch that game?

I think we're simply playing like absolute **** right now...I honestly can't explain some of it. Someone on the radio(can't recall who) said something like this:

"I don't like it when the entire team is playing well at the same time...it leads to the entire team slumping at once. Baseball is an incredibly long season and all players go through peaks and valleys. Usually one or two players at a time will go through rough times and one or two will play great while the rest will be average. In the case of the Tigers, everyone was playing out of their minds all at once...then they all started slumping"

Then boom we can't win. That theory actually makes sense to me, but I still can't really explain the length of the slump.

2013 Lions forum rookie poster of the year!

vCash
    My brother sent me this article that came out today. Looks like Im not the only one wondering:

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...artner=ya5nbcs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    My brother sent me this article that came out today. Looks like Im not the only one wondering:

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...artner=ya5nbcs
    It's interesting..maybe he is...but if he is, why didn't people pick up on in last year or the year before?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    It's interesting..maybe he is...but if he is, why didn't people pick up on in last year or the year before?
    I said it last year, but i think its getting more possible after the Rangers & Royals series'.

vCash
    I doubt it. I can't imagine he is all of a sudden doing something he hasn't done before. In the off chance that he is, I would surely hope a former catcher Ausmus being a student of the game would have caught this.

Truth of the matter is that I think Verlander has lost a bit and Scherzer is simply coming down to his norm lately. The pen just fat out sucks no matter how you slice it.

Of course getting shut down by guys like Guthrie doesn't help.

vCash
    I hate to say I told you so but remember what I said BEFORE the reason started ? I also said watch out for the Royals. Yes we aren't half way there yet. Still plenty of time to regroup and I hope they do. But I did say this wasn't going to be a runaway. Anybody in this division can win it. Yes anybody. And to make the playoffs we do have to win the division. The wildcard will come out of the East or West.
    I agree with Mark. verlander isn't what he was two years ago. Of course he will show flashes of that. It doesn't all go at once. I just hope he has enough confidence in himself to dig deep and finish strong.
    I'm not at all surprised with Scherzer. He has always thrown way too many pitches because he can't control and command. Teams are waiting him out more. He's another guy that we need to get it together or we aren't going anywhere. I hope they let him walk next year. He is NOT worth 5-6 year 100-120 million. Or more. I would be on board for a 2-3 year deal byt anything longer and we are digging our own grave.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    I hate to say I told you so but remember what I said BEFORE the reason started ? I also said watch out for the Royals. Yes we aren't half way there yet. Still plenty of time to regroup and I hope they do. But I did say this wasn't going to be a runaway. Anybody in this division can win it. Yes anybody. And to make the playoffs we do have to win the division. The wildcard will come out of the East or West.
    I agree with Mark. verlander isn't what he was two years ago. Of course he will show flashes of that. It doesn't all go at once. I just hope he has enough confidence in himself to dig deep and finish strong.
    I'm not at all surprised with Scherzer. He has always thrown way too many pitches because he can't control and command. Teams are waiting him out more. He's another guy that we need to get it together or we aren't going anywhere. I hope they let him walk next year. He is NOT worth 5-6 year 100-120 million. Or more. I would be on board for a 2-3 year deal byt anything longer and we are digging our own grave.
    I don't ever recall you saying Avila was tipping pitches.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast