Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Kyle Lowry and Heat have mutual interest

Kyle Lowry would be a major upgrade at PG. He is light years better at defense than Chalmers and Cole. The guy is a better passer. Nearly 8 assists a game last year. He is a guy that can create his own shot and penetrate inside to get to the free throw line and get buckets inside. He can dribble in and create shots for others. Instead of standing around on the 3 point line like Chalmers and Cole all game. 38% from 3 this past season.

vCash
    he breaks down defenses with his speed, can score and can stroke the 3. what's not to love?
    the question is can we afford him even with the big 3 restructuring.

vCash
    You cannot afford him unless one of the big three leave

vCash
    YES. PLEASE. That would be fantastic. I honestly would prefer to get him over melo
    Detroit Pistons: SIM LEAGUE CHAMPS

Jrue Holiday-Bradley Beal-Lance Stephenson-Kevin Love-DeMarcus Cousins

Miami HEAT and Baltimore Ravens TM

vCash
    His defense is overrated, but his motor and hustle is way better than both of our point guards.

I think it's a long shot we land him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by unleashthebeast View Post
    YES. PLEASE. That would be fantastic. I honestly would prefer to get him over melo
    not getting either. There are teams a lot younger with more money who are not declining. The heat were lucky to find there guys to take less and play together. Older players will do it to get a ring but younger guys which is what heat need generally dont. Plus you also have the two best nba franchises. In the league Lakers and Boston who have cap. Let's face it heat are no where near these teams when it comes to luring free agents
    always wanted to be a procrastinator but never got around to it!

vCash
    The big 3 and Lowry would all take pay cuts. Everyone knows if they come to the Heat they are going to have to take a pay cut. Lowry knows this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tippa irie View Post
    not getting either. There are teams a lot younger with more money who are not declining. The heat were lucky to find there guys to take less and play together. Older players will do it to get a ring but younger guys which is what heat need generally dont. Plus you also have the two best nba franchises. In the league Lakers and Boston who have cap. Let's face it heat are no where near these teams when it comes to luring free agents
    Neither Boston or LA came close to sniffing the playoffs, we've been to 4 straight finals. Maybe if this were to 80s you'd have a point but were head and shoulder above both teams at luring free agents right now, hence all the Melo talk.

vCash

Kyle Lowry and Heat have mutual interest

I said this mid season

Lowry should be the number 1 target!

Big Ben?Naw much better

The Future Of Jacksonville

vCash
    It would be a nice upgrade.

vCash
    You can teach defense, hustle and some offense but you can't teach height. The #1 priority should be to get a legit 7-foot center. Failing to understand this has been Riley's biggest weakness over the years. First it was undersized Zo (at the time of likes of Ewing, O'Neal, Hakim and Robinson); now it's a bunch of players.

Ball-handling? Slashing to the basket? Lebron and Wade (when he is healthy) can do that. But they can't intimidate opponents into staying away from the rim!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rawa13 View Post
    You can teach defense, hustle and some offense but you can't teach height. The #1 priority should be to get a legit 7-foot center. Failing to understand this has been Riley's biggest weakness over the years. First it was undersized Zo (at the time of likes of Ewing, O'Neal, Hakim and Robinson); now it's a bunch of players.

Ball-handling? Slashing to the basket? Lebron and Wade (when he is healthy) can do that. But they can't intimidate opponents into staying away from the rim!
    As soon as you mentioned "undersized Zo" I stopped reading because I realized you don't know what you're talking about. I wouldn't call Zo at 6'10" undersized compared to any of those guys you mentioned (ranging from 6'10" to 7'1") except for Shaq and that's more because of sheer bulk that no one could match no matter how tall they were. He more than held his own against any centers during the 90s but maybe you weren't a fan back then to remember that. Just being tall isn't enough, there are plenty of worthless tall NBA players. It takes more than just height.

And please tell me how many "legit" 7 foot centers there are in the NBA right now. That's just not how the NBA is anymore.
    Last edited by RCarlson85; 06-23-2014 at 12:54 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCarlson85 View Post
    As soon as you mentioned "undersized Zo" I stopped reading because I realized you don't know what you're talking about. I wouldn't call Zo at 6'10" undersized compared to any of those guys you mentioned (ranging from 6'10" to 7'1") except for Shaq and that's more because of sheer bulk that no one could match no matter how tall they were. He more than held his own against any centers during the 90s but maybe you weren't a fan back then to remember that. Just being tall isn't enough, there are plenty of worthless tall NBA players. It takes more than just height.

And please tell me how many "legit" 7 foot centers there are in the NBA right now. That's just not how the NBA is anymore.
    Plus it's not like we won 2 championships without a big man, right? 7 footers are risky investments. They usually have poor hand eye coordination, plus they seem much more injury prone. I'd take an "undersized" Zo (with a 7'6 wingspan btw, which is far more relevant in basketball) any day of the week.