Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Trade deadline rumors, facts and fantasy

It's starting already I saw this one earlier, Peter Gammons has suggested that the Dodgers trade Zach Lee and Tom Windle for Ben Zobrist. I think that's too much to give up maybe Reed and Gould or Martin.

vCash
    Peter Gammons is out of his flippin mind with that suggestion. Seriously, Zobrist is 33 years old, this could be his last productive year, or he could break down at the end of the season.

This is how we do it! I still believe

vCash
    Pretty early for rumors, but I would definitely say I don't think we're in the market for any starting position players, our 9 guys are pretty much set, unless an injury occurs. The only spot I would entertain is at the catcher spot if Ellis sucks over the next month.
    Foam Party!

vCash

Trade dead line rumors, facts and fantasy

We can't trade away our prospects. We need to stick to the plan and build up our farm system. We are only competitive now because Guggenheim allowed Ned to "buy players". Taking on salaries via trade and FA signings enabled us to field a competitive roster but the long term plan is build through the draft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabian43 View Post
    We can't trade away our prospects. We need to stick to the plan and build up our farm system. We are only competitive now because Guggenheim allowed Ned to "buy players". Taking on salaries via trade and FA signings enabled us to field a competitive roster but the long term plan is build through the draft.
    And the international market.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post

Your baby can't do this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabian43 View Post
    This, we need our prospects, I don't want to totally top heavy roster of players 30 plus which is what we'll get if start making trades right now. Gordon is 26, he's not the problem we also have alternatives in minors @ 2B, we don't need Zobrist @ 33.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    Oh yeah!

vCash
    That's not to rule out trades totally, if they make sense, we do not need to 'go for it' we are not a win now team that's close to being too old. We need to be patient now and let Pederson et al, guys that are close, come up and contribute THEN assess we're we are next year.

vCash
    It may not be a popular move but I think we will go after David price pretty hard here at the deadline. Our rotation has been our strength no doubt and Haren and Beckett have been everything we could have hoped for this season. That being said neither of them are on at contract for next year and the way it looks I would be surprised if both of them are here next year. Price is expensive yes, but he will give us a rotation that nobody could match for the foreseeable future assuming we sign him to a long term deal. He is under contract for this year and next so its not like he will walk away instantly on a risk of a two month rental. IDK I just dont see us standing still at the deadline. If the asking price is Joc and some low level specs I would have to consider it. Joc really has no place to play unfortunately and I would much rather move Ethier than Joc as I think Joc will be a better all around player with similar deficiencies ala left handed pitching. However, we all know Ethier will be difficult to move so I dont see TB even considering it.

vCash
    Kershaw, Greinke and Ryu I'm pretty comfortable with

It's Haren and Beckett who make me more nervous - though Beckett has been great so far.

Instead of giving up enough prospects to get David Price for 1 year and a half, I'd be in favor of getting in the Jason Hammel sweepstakes - though there'll, rightly - since he's good, be a lot of competition.

Wei-Yin Chen if the Orioles decide to part with him (he has a 2015 option) or Colby Lewis depending on how he shakes out.

Francisco Liriano would be an interesting guy if the Pirates stay out of it.

Possibility of Kuroda coming back.

Jake Peavey or John Lackey from Boston.

Not every move has to be for a superstar. That way you can improve your present without destroying your future.
    Last edited by filihok; 06-18-2014 at 07:30 PM.
    Donít argue with idiots because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. óGreg King

vCash
    Agree with much of the above.

We might not need a star like Price, the rotation come the deadline might just need 'freshening up' maybe Haren or Beckett are falling off by that time, it may be a case of adding another starter I'll throw 3 more names into the mix all from one team who are out of it, are rebuilding will probably be happy to take less back in prospects than some and eat some money. The Mets.

Bartolo Colon, they could easily part with him because he's due $10M next year. Has been solid and much better lately could be the type of guy to have during a run to the playoffs, can save a BP because when on he can throw to low pitch counts as contact pitcher.

7-5 3.28 1.20 WHIP

Dillon Gee, He's been very good for a above a year, on the DL now but should be back in time to show he's healthy and back on it pre July 31. Arb eligible I think.

3-1 2.47 1.06 WHIP

Jon Niese, Lefty best Mets starter this year i'd say. 27-28 controllable for years at reasonable cost, solid rather than spectacular, nice backed option for a few years to come. And here's thing his last 3 seasons all trending up, and just entering his prime. Last 3 years ERA down, 2 of last 3 years, very good WHIP.

3-4 .267 1.15 WHIP

14:$5M, 15:$7M, 16:$9M, 17:$10M club option ($0.5M buyout), 18:$11M club option ($0.5M buyout)

The Mets have some pitching we could use under the right circumstances IMO.

vCash
    I hope dodgers don't go after David price.. They don't need him.. Well actually, let me rephrase that because any team could benefit from David price.. What I mean is the dodgers already have a GREAT rotation and don't really need to add to it at all let alone go after one of the top pitchers out there.. I'd prefer the dodgers going after a solid relief pitcher or 2 and maybe 1 bat off the bench..

The amount of prospects it'd take to get price is too much and right now I absolutely LOVE the dodgers farm.. No to David price please.

Your baby can't do this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Artful Dodger View Post
    This, we need our prospects, I don't want to totally top heavy roster of players 30 plus which is what we'll get if start making trades right now. Gordon is 26, he's not the problem we also have alternatives in minors @ 2B, we don't need Zobrist @ 33.
    Not even just A.Guerrero, Darnell Sweeney is tearing the cover off of the ball, and has really improved both his K and BB rates from the Cal League to the Southern League.

vCash
    I'll take Zobrists' expected production over Gordon's, Guerrero's, or Sweeney's in 2014.

Zobrist has an option for next season so the Dodgers could trade for him, then trade him away to recoup some value.
    That'd make sense if the net loss in value via the two trades was less than the gain in production value and post-season play value.
    Donít argue with idiots because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. óGreg King

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast