Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

If The Mets Moved To Montreal

Now.. I don't know if any of you have read the story about how the Wilpons may move the Mets to Montreal.. Obviously this is a ridiculous rumor, and I don't believe it for a second.

But it made me wonder.. What if the Mets left Ny? or ceased to exist anymore..

What team would you guys start rooting for? Would you stay with the organization and root for Wright and Harvey and company in Montreal?

For some, this would be the perfect chance to escape the wits of the Wilpons and management..

So just out of curiosity to this absurd rumored story.. What would you guys do? and why?
    Last edited by rpagz3; 06-17-2014 at 12:22 PM.
    #oneatatime

vCash
    sounds like a bad Billy Joel song
    "Andy Dalton is an average QB. Look at the Bengals offense, it's like Noah's ark. Two of everything."

vCash
    [QUOTE=Sandman;28637372]sounds like a bad Billy Joel song[/QUOTE

It's something different than complaining about Sandy, Wilpons, Wright, Tejada, Duda, d'Arnaud, Cy, Ey, etc. I think you get the point.

I'm tired of the same conversation, it's boring and quite disheartening.

I just would like to see why people would choose a certain team. This could strike up a quality conversation about baseball talent.
    #oneatatime

vCash
    If this ever happened I think I might be really happy about it. First I would keep rooting for the team. I recently moved from Brooklyn to Western MA so its not like it is convenient for me to go to games now anyway. More importantly though I love the city of Montreal and love to go to 2-3 games a year there. That's about how many games I am going to now anyway.

vCash
    I would be devastated. I paid like $200 bucks for a ****ing brick on the CitiField fanwalk. If I get less than a decade's worth of mileage out of that brick, I'd be furious.

vCash
    As ridiculous as this sounds, there's certainly historical precedence. After all who did Fred idolize? The Dodgers. And what did the Dodgers do? Moved out of NY.

So the better question is, if the Mets were to move to Montreal, which National League would jump at the chance to move into to the NY market? Which team would you want?

That said, I dont believe the Mets would move to Montreal in a billion years.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash

3-way trade

METS to MONTREAL
    DODGERS back to BROOKLYN
    CASE OF LABATTS to LOS ANGELES

vCash
    To answer the OP's question, I'd say good riddance and begin an allegiance with whichever team moved into Citi Field to replace them.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    As ridiculous as this sounds, there's certainly historical precedence. After all who did Fred idolize? The Dodgers. And what did the Dodgers do? Moved out of NY.

So the better question is, if the Mets were to move to Montreal, which National League would jump at the chance to move into to the NY market? Which team would you want?

That said, I dont believe the Mets would move to Montreal in a billion years.
    Seem to remember that Montreal was the Dodgers AAA franchise when Jackie came up.

vCash
    Loria and the Marlins are the worse drawing team in the NL, but I doubt if Selig or any Commissioner would let him have NY. The D'Backs are also trending down in attendance and don't have a deep local history like the Cubs, Reds and Pirates.

Most likely- D'Backs
    First choice- Pirates

vCash
    If the Mets moved to Montreal I'd root for David Wright and Jose Reyes to win titles until they retired.

Now that live outside NY, don't know if I could throw my allegiance behind a new NY team that isn't the Mets.
    Go Grab My Belt

12. 06-17-2014, 02:01 PM
    Reason
    Baiting

vCash
    In New York or Montreal, they're still the ****ing Mets. They may have been a ****** club for basically my entire lifetime of memory following baseball (aside from 06!) but I still love the METS. Im in too deep at this point, no matter what city their in I'll be their when we finally win again.

vCash
    I would no longer be a Mets fan. I would probably root for the Yankees.

vCash
    *Sigh*

16. 06-17-2014, 02:47 PM
    Reason
    Baiting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    To answer the OP's question, I'd say good riddance and begin an allegiance with whichever team moved into Citi Field to replace them.
    This.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast