Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Spurs PG Mills on Knicks' Radar

July isn’t only about re-signing Carmelo Anthony. The Knicks will look to use their mini mid-level exception to obtain a free-agent starting point guard and one may have emerged out of the Finals massacre of Miami in Spurs backup Patty Mills.
    According to a source, Mills, unique because of his indigenous Australian heritage, would be intrigued by the idea of playing in New York and increasing his role from Tony Parker’s backup to a more marquee role.
    “New York is definitely a city Mills would want to play in,’’ the source said. “He has that personality.’’
    http://nypost.com/2014/06/16/spurs-p...-knicks-radar/

vCash
    Be strikes me as a backup when I watch him play. But he's better then fat Felton and oh just needs to defend and shoot in the triangle which he can so I approve of it

#KNICKSTAPE #PLAYOFF2013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JesusNYY_Savior View Post
    Be strikes me as a backup when I watch him play. But he's better then fat Felton and oh just needs to defend and shoot in the triangle which he can so I approve of it
    I agree. He really does fit with what really need. Its sad cause our coach is the best PG we have. What surprises me is Mills leaving the Spurs after winning a ring but I have read that he wanted to start in the league but just never got the chance.

vCash
    A shoot first PG, yeah he fits the triangle perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    Patty Mills would be a really nice pick up and fit well, but everything I've read about Pops and Mills makes it hard for me to believe that he'll leave the Spurs unless we offer him some ridiculous amount of money.

Pops is just TOO good at earning the respect and love of his players.

This is what Pops did for Mills just prior to the Finals...

SAN ANTONIO — On Tuesday, two days removed from their Game 6 win over the Oklahoma City Thunder that put them in the 2014 NBA Finals, Gregg Popovich brought the Spurs together to begin planning for the Miami Heat.

Before diagramming any Xs or Os, the coach asked his players to help one of their teammates, point guard Patty Mills, celebrate a special day.

Popovich explained to his players the significance of June 3 to Indigenous Australians, who celebrate it as Eddie Mabo Day, the anniversary of a high court decision recognizing the land rights of Indigenous Australians and, specifically, Torres Strait Islanders.

The Torres Strait Islands are within the boundaries of Australia but in the straits between the far Northern tip of Australia and Papua New Guinea.

Welling with emotion as Popovich spoke, Mills, the son of an Indigenous Torres Strait Islander father and an Indigenous South Australian mother, found himself at a loss for words.

“It was unbelievable,” said Mills, who earned a role as Tony Parker's backup this season, his fifth in the NBA. “I had no idea Pop was going to do it. I had no idea he even knew about (Mabo Day), but for him to bring that up in a meeting before the NBA Finals, just to give everyone a heads-up, was very special.”
    http://www.expressnews.com/sports/sp...5535351.php#/0

When your coach does stuff like that, would you leave them for a handful of silver?
    J.R. Smith: "They were pretty much scoring at will. Especially my guy. I don't know what the hell I was doing on defense."

Raymond Felton : "The play was give the ball to Melo."

vCash
    I could definitely see him leaving. I'm sure he appreciates POP but at the end of the day he has to do what's best for his career. If he wants a chance to start, that's not going to happen in SA.

Gary Neal left last year for the MMLE. I can see the same with Mills.

Between Mills and Chalmers, who would u guys prefer? Chalmers is bigger and has started on title teams... would be an interesting choice.

vCash
    Why would he leave?
    He played a huge role on a historically dominating team.. if it's for money, I get it... so why us?
    If I'm Patty, you go back to the Spurs for a year and win again... or just sign through the Duncan years.. he'd still be an attractive piece at age 27 or 28...

vCash
    Woodson would have gotten the team together to help J.R. protest July 1, 1973, the establishment of the DEA.

Mills would be an upgrade over Fat Lion.

To answer Nycericanguy, I would take Chalmers over Mills. He had a bad playoffs, but in NY he would have a bigger role, and would produce more.

Throwback Sig

vCash
    I actually would have no problem with Chalmers. I think he can actually be better away from Lbj and wade

Mike Woodson NYK

Record ... 72 - 34

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNumber37 View Post
    Why would he leave?
    He played a huge role on a historically dominating team.. if it's for money, I get it... so why us?
    If I'm Patty, you go back to the Spurs for a year and win again... or just sign through the Duncan years.. he'd still be an attractive piece at age 27 or 28...
    I doubt it's for the money, no one's going to pay him more than 3m or so... but the article suggests he wants to start. Doesnt every player want a chance to start? That's certainly not going to happen in SA anytime soon.

The chance to come to NY and be a starting PG would probably be very tempting to him.

vCash
    I'm not feeling this..
    The Dark Knight Rises to Save Gotham Once again..

vCash
    I would take Chalmers over Patty only because mills doesn't look good at penetrating and defensively he's undersized.

vCash
    I dont believe one bit of this ......

vCash
    no way Mills signs for the MMLE

vCash
    See: JJ Barea from 2011
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast