Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Replace Lebron with Prime MJ - What Happens in the Series?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • MJ Leads the Heat to Win the Series

10 33.33%
  • Closer Series in Games and Scores, but Spurs Win

8 26.67%
  • Same Result - Spurs Win Easily

11 36.67%
  • Even Worse - Spurs Blow Them Out and Sweep

1 3.33%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Replace Lebron with Jordan in his Prime on the Heat. What happens in this series?

Trying to have a legit convo here. Or at least a fun hypothetical one. Not just comparing who's better, but how their styles could have impacted the games.

Let me start off by saying I think Lebron is by far the last player to deserve blame for the Heat losing this series. I fully respect and appreciate the guy and how good he is. IMO he's the best player since MJ, and still has a very fair chance to surpass him one day. He also carried this Heat team and got close to zero support from his co-stars as well as from his role players and bench.

I also fully understand that the Spurs played amazing basketball throughout the entire series, and they were as close to unbeatable as could be, even if Lebron had been able to go off each and every game.

I also don't like starting the MJ-Lebron feud all over again, but I have to ask the question. I've been pondering it since yesterday.

While the Spurs were slightly favored in the series, a complete and utter blowout like this was not expected. The Spurs still greatly outplayed the Heat even with the handicap of what was supposed to happen. Let's just say, the Spurs covered the spread of the series and more.

Lebron's in his prime. If you take MJ in his prime and replace Lebron with him, could the series have gone different? Would MJ have allowed this to happen? Would he create bigger problems for the Spurs than Lebron was able to? Would the Heat have had a chance to win the series? Could they have pushed it to 6-7 games with close scores? Or would the same result have happened, or worse? Yes, I realize it'd make for an even worse fit with Wade, but I don't think Wade could negatively impact the series much more than he did anyways.
    Last edited by sixer04fan; 06-17-2014 at 01:45 AM.

vCash
    They lose in 5 or 6
    http://newyorkknicksmemesdotcom.file...73bd8ccc5d.gif
    Amare!!!!

SIM LEAGUE SUNS
    Jason Kidd and Chris webber
    2000-2001 48-34 first round KO
    2001-2002 64-18 first round KO
    2002-2003 55-27. Second round KO
    2003-2004 46-36 second round KO game 7 loss
    2004-2005 42-40
    2005-2006 welcome Glenn big dog

Sig bet with Mr. baller on Yankees making the playoffs loser has to hold
    SIG of the winners choice for entire playoffs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    Trying to have a legit convo here.

Let me start off by saying I think Lebron is by far the least to blame for the Heat losing this series. I fully respect and appreciate the guy and how good he is. IMO he's the best player since MJ, and still has a very fair chance to surpass him one day. He also carried this Heat team and got close to zero support from his co-stars as well as from his role players and bench.

I also fully understand that the Spurs played amazing basketball throughout the entire series, and they were as close to unbeatable as could be, even if Lebron had been able to go off each and every game.

I also don't like starting the MJ-Lebron feud all over again, but I have to ask the question. I've been pondering it since yesterday.

While the Spurs were slightly favored in the series, a complete and utter blowout like this was not expected. The Spurs still greatly outplayed the Heat even with the handicap of what was supposed to happen. Let's just say, the Spurs covered the spread of the series and more.

Lebron's in his prime. If you take MJ in his prime and replace Lebron with him, could the series have gone different? Would MJ have allowed this to happen? Would he create bigger problems for the Spurs than Lebron was able to? Would the Heat have had a chance to win the series? Could they have pushed it to 6-7 games with close scores? Or would the same result have happened, or worse? Yes, I realize it'd make for an even worse fit with Wade, but I don't think Wade could negatively impact the series much more than he did anyways.

The main way I'd see Jordan impacting this series would be through his competitiveness. There were times when it looked like the Heat just gave up, and with Jordan there I feel they would be motivated until the end. And If we're talking about a prime Jordan I don't see how the Spurs could stop him, I mean this is the guy who just lit up every finals appearance he went too, and Kawhi had a hard enough time guarding Lebron, so maybe it would open things up for guys like Bosh a little bit. That being said, I don't see the series going past 6 or 7 games and the Spurs would still win, but it'd be more competitive.
    1. You're reading my signature.
    2. Now you're saying/thinking that's a stupid fact.
    4. You didn't notice that I skipped 3.
    5. You're checking it now.
    6. You're smiling.
    7. You're still reading my signature.
    8. You know all you have read is true.
    10. You didn't notice that i skipped 9.
    11. You're checking it now.
    12. You think this is a clever signature.
    13. You're still reading.
    14. Why are you still reading?
    15. You ignore my question.

vCash
    Spurs still win this series. They just flat out dominated. But overall I say jordan-wade-bosh goes 3-1 in the finals instead of 2-2.

RUDY

vCash
    Spurs still win.

vCash
    They still lose.

Jordan would fare better than Lebron but there is no way he can make up for the atrocity of a series Wade, Bosh, Spo and the rest of the team had.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Spurs still win this series. They just flat out dominated. But overall I say jordan-wade-bosh goes 3-1 in the finals instead of 2-2.
    Pretty much agree. All things being even, I think the Spurs would still win this series - but it'd be closer (just think prime Jordan would put up more of a fight somehow). But I can't see an MJ-led finals team losing to that 2011 Dallas team. The Heat could have won that series, just took an extra year for Lebron to get over that hump, which is not a knock on him. Like, the 2012 Heat team probably would have dismantled the 2011 Mavs team, just like they did to the Thunder in 2012.

vCash
    They would of won the first game, but lost in 6

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    Pretty much agree. All things being even, I think the Spurs would still win this series - but it'd be closer (just think prime Jordan would put up more of a fight somehow). But I can't see an MJ-led finals team losing to that 2011 Dallas team. The Heat could have won that series, just took an extra year for Lebron to get over that hump, which is not a knock on him. Like, the 2012 Heat team probably would have dismantled the 2011 Mavs team, just like they did to the Thunder in 2012.
    Exactly what I meant by my post that you quoted.

RUDY

vCash
    Spurs still win. LeBron could've averaged 40 this series, and they still would've lost. I'd say if MJ plays instead of LBJ, its a 4-2 series win for Spurs. Spurs just too good, and Wade is just *** now
    Top 10 Rappers Right Now
    1. Nas 2. Kendrick Lamar 3. Jay-Z 4. J Cole 5. Lupe Fiasco 6. Pusha-T 7. Kanye West 8. Eminem 9. Drake 10. Wale

Top 10 Rappers of all-time
    1. 2Pac 2. Nas 3. Rakim 4. Notorious B.I.G. 5. Jay-Z 6. Eminem 7. KRS-One 8. Public Enemy (Chuck D) 9. Common 10. Ice Cube

Follow me, @bharjan

vCash
    MJ would will the Heat to victory easily. Much like Kobe, Pop would not know how to defend a player like MJ because he is way to unpredictable. He can beat you from pretty much anywhere on the court and if you don't double or triple him, he is going to torch you offensively. MJ would also know how to take advantage of his teammates strengths unlike Lebron and especially with players as talented as Lebron has for running mates. Jordan never played with guys as talented as Wade and Bosh or had role players as good as Allen. He also never had so many guys capable of shooting over 40% from three on a consistent basis. Jordan would have a field day with this team in ways we never saw with his teams in Chicago. With prime Jordan instead of Lebron... Heat in 6 hands down.

vCash
    Llullz

vCash
    How old is MJ and how does Pop defend him? MJ has had his worst showings vs box-1's IMO. Shade off Wade entirely and punish an even smaller Miami team on the glass. MJ is the better player but he will weaken what is a big problem for Miami.
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash
    Heat with MJ get it done in 7 games.

the dynasty Bulls beat SA in 5-6. best team ever, the unbeata-bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    That's a given because MJ wouldn't have pulled a disappearing act on those 2011 Finals. But since we're talking about this one, the only way MJ could've made a difference was in that first game where Lebron cramped out and as opposed to idiots saying MJ would've played through it, I don't think anyone could've kept going. It's just that MJ rarely cramped which is why I'm saying the Heat might've taken that first game. MJ and Lebron's presence in those last minutes still doesn't guarantee that the Spurs wouldn't be hitting shots lights out in that span.

Overall at best an MJ led Heat could've taken the series to 6 games but I think the result stays the same. It's not a matter of a specific player, the Spurs just were the far better team in this one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast