Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Big Men - Back up for Bogut and Ezeli

Wondering the list of free agents specific to big guys is impressive. Given both Bogut and Ezeli are injury prone and likely Jermaine O'Neal is done....wondering i came up with a few names

1. Boris Diaw
    2. Chris Anderson
    3. Kris Humphries
    4. Andre Blatche
    5. Nazr Mohammed
    6. DeJuan Blair
    7. Greg Munroe
    8. Jordan Hill
    9. Chris Kaman
    10. Udoh

vCash
    Personally I like Brandon Bass however he is not available till 2015, Anderson (Heat) just announced he is going to test free agency.

vCash
    Diaw is an older Green in many ways ... no thanks.
    Anderson ... I just don't want to look at him for 95 games a year.
    Humphries ... don't want any Kardashian taint on the Warriors.
    Blatche ... offensive skills, but dumb.

Monroe would be interesting, but costly, and I don't think he's available is he?

vCash
    Diaw is a stud. Did you watch the Spurs series? Green is a terrible comparison for him imo. He isn't leaving San Antonio anyway, he'll stay with them for whatever they offer.

Most of the guys on this list will be looking for more cash than we can give them. I suspect we get someone in a trade using the TPE and then sign a back up point in free agency if we let Blake go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bird
    It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

vCash
    Bring back Udoh

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    I didn't say Green and Diaw were the same. Diaw is 32 years old, but when he was Green's age he was a smart player with a very limited offensive game of similar size. Green is a better player than Diaw was when he was in his 2nd year. Give Green 10 years and my guess is his game looks a lot like Diaw's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I didn't say Green and Diaw were the same. Diaw is 32 years old, but when he was Green's age he was a smart player with a very limited offensive game of similar size. Green is a better player than Diaw was when he was in his 2nd year. Give Green 10 years and my guess is his game looks a lot like Diaw's.
    I dont think diaw looked to score that much- but I wouldnt call his offensive game "very limited" esp for a young big man. He has always been a phenominal passing big man and even at the age of 20- he had amazing ball handling skills and overall court awareness.

I dont think Diaw or the vast majority of players play with as much hustle and passion as green.
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    By "offensive game" I meant scoring, not passing.

So Stylez, it's not clear from what you said ... would you prefer Green or Diaw? Do you think if both were on the Ws their skills overlap enough that they would be taking each other's minutes?

I know they are not the same, but if both Green and Diaw were on the Ws we wouldn't make the PF problem significantly better and we'd make the logjam at SF worse.

Besides, as has been said chances are Diaw stays in San Antone

vCash

So Stylez, it's not clear from what you said ... would you prefer Green or Diaw? Do you think if both were on the Ws their skills overlap enough that they would be taking each other's minutes?

I know they are not the same, but if both Green and Diaw were on the Ws we wouldn't make the PF problem significantly better and we'd make the logjam at SF worse.

I dont think diaw could be counted on to be consistently as good as he was in that series. Pop did an amazing job at putting him in a position to succeed. I dont think he really made the bobcats any better when he was in char. On the other hand- I think Green would find a way to be a good contributor in virtually any system for any coach.

I would take green over diaw for a few reasons. I believe green is going to continue to get better for atleast another 3 yrs or so. Green is cheaper for the next few yrs, and we dont have pop coaching us. I also think that if david lee ends up leaving, Green could step in as a locker room leader.
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash

LOL... I thought you were talking about Danny Green, I was REALLY confused by that comparison, genuinely thought you had lost your mind, I couldn't understand what you were talking about at all. My bad, I realise now that you're talking about Draymond and that I was being very slow.

I doubt they would take each others minutes, Green is an SF, Diaw is a PF.

I see your point though. Besides, he isn't leaving Spurs.
    It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer.

vCash
    Diaw is a 6'8" 215lb PF/SF and Dray is a 6'7" 230lb SF/PF ... they play similar positions. When Splitter and Duncan and Diaw are on the floor together who is the SF?

Too much talk about Diaw ... he's almost certain to stay a Spur.

vCash
    There isn't an sf when those 3 are on the floor.

Green is an SF first. PF second. That's not the same as being a PF.

vCash
    Jordan Hill would make the most sense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Jordan Hill would make the most sense
    I agree. Although we probably cant afford him.

vCash
    Semantics

LOL, basketball-reference.com actually lists Diaw as a PF/SG ... though how you go from PF to SG without going through SF I don't know. http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../diawbo01.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast