Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Dwyane Wade's Role in the Future?

I heard an interesting conversation on Dwyane Wade's role w/ the Miami Heat. So Tim Reynolds, an AP Writer for those of you don't know him, was on 790 AM/104.3 FM the Ticket Miami. He was a guest on Josh Friedman's show, locally syndicated sports show with a decent reporter/radio host. He asked Tim Reynolds if Wade can come off the bench while restructuring his deal to 3-4 yrs. Reynolds said you need to have someone to replace Wade, which I totally agree with. This made me think about Manu Ginobili being on the Spurs and James Harden w/ OKC. Yes, these guys thrived as critical 6th men respectively. Wade doesn't have the three point threat, but Reynolds acknowledged that Wade would be better than almost any bench guy in the league in that position. I like the idea of the conversation. It extended Manu's career and he was huge in the Finals. I say it depends on how the Heat's cap space looks and who is available. If you sign Nick Young (for example), you lose a two way player for an inconsistent offensive talent. I also think drafting a SG is possible if you want to get a starter, but that might involve trading up as well, which the Heat have some assets, but not many to do so. As much as the Finals loss stings and I love Dwyane Wade, I want to keep him and extend his career as long as possible. I don't mind seeing him be an all-star sixth man, but he might not be comfortable in that role and it could be a ridiculous idea too. Tim Reynolds doesn't believe he lost his ability to remain effective (I don't think he lost it either). What are your thoughts?

vCash
    Why not keep this in the HEAT forum? In the NBA Forum all you are going to get is lame hater responses.

I think a bench role would be best if we can add a two way player that fits the starting lineup AND if Ray Allen decides on retirement. A Jodie Meeks type of guy who can shoot and play a little defense would be fine with Wade coming off the bench to score and make plays.

I don't know the last time a rookie guard or wing started on a Finals team. Courtney Lee? Its rare. Likely not a realistic scenario.

vCash
    Talent wise, he can still be a good 2nd option. Unfortunately, he didn't produce like one.

vCash
    Wade NEEDS an outside shot. THAT is what extends his career.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNumber37 View Post
    Wade NEEDS an outside shot. THAT is what extends his career.
    It's too late to develop a great 3 point shot though. Wade has always been a slasher. I think he can get you a decent mid range if he creates space, but he cannot land a consistent 20 ft jump shot. He still does everything else and more for a SG, rebounds/steals/blocks/defense.

vCash
    Develop an outside shot and play PG instead.

vCash
    He shouldn't even be in the bench. Dude is done
    Haters gonna Hate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownSports16 View Post
    He shouldn't even be in the bench. Dude is done
    How is he done if he shot over 50% for most of the playoffs and throughout the regular season? He still averaged good stats. I hate how people label him as that. He is still better than most of the Bulls roster btw, so I wouldn't use "done" as a label. If he dropped from 20 ppg to 2 ppg from 2010-2014, then that's "done."

vCash
    brian scalabrine

vCash
    Heat forum?

RUDY

vCash
    Bench player would be a good role because he's not good enough to be a starter. He probably should have been benched 8 years ago.

vCash
    maybe a sixth man keeps him on the court less on lets him be a number one option maybe he can stay healthy that way

HE's BACK

PACERS SIM Lg GM

vCash
    Dwyane Wade is a superstar and a top 5 player in this league still.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    No f***ing way

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    In that case, Kobe Bryant is a superstar and is the best player in this league still.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast