Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

NBA Draft Prospects

Now that they season is over, it's evident that we need young legs on this team. This selection may be the most important pick we had in a while. I wanna look at the players that i feel could help us and may be in a range at 26. I linked expert scouting videos to each of the players so you can see for yourself how good they are.

PG

1. Tyler Ennis - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjANRwlH5V8

For some reason the talk around the league is that Tyler Ennis is overrated, which has resulted his draft stock to go down into our range. If that is indeed the case and we can steal him at 26, we'd have the perfect PG for this team. He is the true PG that the HEAT need. Someone that knows how to run on offense when Lebron is on the bench or when the offense gets stagnate. Only negative is that his perimeter D is weak, but he does make good plays in the passing lanes.

2. Shabazz Napier - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4ZymR0_hpw

The greatest thing about Napier imo is that he is very experienced. He played all four years at UCONN and won 2 championships as the starting PG. His offensive ability would be a great asset off the bench, which we need badly. He can shoot off the catch, off the screen, and off the bounce. He's also adept at taking to the rim. He isn't afraid to shoot and that's something we need on this team right now.

3. Kyle Anderson - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFGl9ndbjZ0

Honestly, i'd hate to get Kyle Anderson. The only reason i have him here is because the HEAT are interested and brought him in for a workout. He essentially plays the same position as Lebron, which is a point-forward rendering him worthless when the two are on the court together. He may be good somewhere else, but i don't see the fit on this team at all. We already have the greatest point-forward of all time, there's no reason to get another one. However, if we do get him, im interested to see how we use him. He could be the Boris Diaw of our team making good passes whenever he touches the ball.

4. Jordan Clarkson - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XFwyjrb3ts

Excellent size at the PG position at 6'5 with athleticism. He is at his best in transition being able to finish at the rim or make good passes. At the half court set, he's able to get to the paint with his pretty good handling and uses his body well. His size and athleticism makes him an intriguing pick because of the upside.

SG

1. PJ Hairston - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXN7xsfg78Y

Probably one of the most NBA ready players in the draft that would have a defined role the second he gets on a team. He can potentially be a very good 3 and D player.

2. Jordan Adams - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O3_SvhACws

This is another guy that the HEAT can get that can provide instant offense off the bench. He scores in a variety of ways, which could help us out a lot.

SF

1. K.J. McDaniels - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5Lr26ORJ_o

Right now K.J. is the player i feel would help us out the most. He is a prototypical 3 and D player we need with excellent athleticism. IMO he is Matt Barnes with better leaping ability. I highly recommend watching this video because he fits perfectly on our team.

2. Cleanthony Early - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agfXXIgCHp0

Although tweeners may be looked at like a bad thing, but on this team it's perfect. He'd be able to fill in Battier's and Lewis' role, which would be huge. The HEAT has shown interest in him by inviting him to a workout. He has a good shot and really good in transition as well. The transition offense his something we've gone away from for some reason and it's something we need to get back to because those are easy points.

3. Deandre Daniels - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4CuRT_KV1A

Another excellent replacement for the role Rashard and Battier play. He spaces the floor with his spot up 3 and has potential to be an excellent defender with his lateral quickness and 7'1 wingspan.

4. Glenn Robinson - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03OV1Ko6CXw (old - from his Fr yr)

He has potential to be an excellent 3 and D player with excellent athleticism. Right now his greatest strength offensively is in the transition and off cuts. His defense is already pretty good, but it can get better. His shot however needs a lot of work, but there's potential for him to succeed at it. If he can add that shot to his arsenal, we'd have a steal.

5. TJ Warren - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG4UR065r44

If the HEAT want to improve their offense, Warren's the guy to pick. He is a natural scorer that has a good shot and finishes extremely well at the rim.

PF/C

1. Adreian Payne - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHvs_z_gaoM

Perfect fit for our team. I hope he falls to 26. He would be able to replace everything that Birdman does as well as creating more space with his pretty good shot.
    Last edited by HuRRiCaNeS324; 06-16-2014 at 04:03 PM.

vCash
    i saw a couple people wanted payne but the first thing i notice is that he is a weak at post defense looks like wade on off ball defense and he has a lung issue... and gets fatigue easily... wouldnt that be a a problem seeing that playing for the HEAT he will be going deep in the playoffs every year? if we are going big i rather get someone with strong or decent post defense seeing that we have no answers for any c/pf with a post game

vCash
    I think big men are the most difficult to develop on a contender. I would avoid Payne with his defensive and turnover issues. I'm all about PJ Hairston. He would be great because of his defense and shooting. I also like Elfrid Payton form the PG crop. He has immediate defensive potential. Tyler Ennis is not dropping to 26th.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    I think big men are the most difficult to develop on a contender. I would avoid Payne with his defensive and turnover issues. I'm all about PJ Hairston. He would be great because of his defense and shooting. I also like Elfrid Payton form the PG crop. He has immediate defensive potential. Tyler Ennis is not dropping to 26th.
    I'm surprised Ennis is dropping too, but that's the rumor going around. Hopefully its validated.

I know about Payton, but i doubt he drops. He's a borderline lotto pick right now. His defense, athleticism, and upside due to his size made him a coveted player. However, i still don't like him that much. His shot is awful and he played vs **** competition.
    Last edited by HuRRiCaNeS324; 06-16-2014 at 08:29 PM.

vCash
    I'd be happy with KJ McDaniels......he would fit the Battier role.....he was terrific at defense and rebounding in college, averaging 7rebs 2.8blks and 1.1stl in 34 mintues of play....wow....he shot 33% from three two years ago and 30% last year....he also shot 84% from the freethrow line....so he might not be amazing at 3 right now....but he has the mechanics and potential to be a great 3-and-D guy....I think we should stay at 26 and not move up...I would, however, try to move our second rd pick at 55, up to early second round like pick 30-40 and get a guy like Spencer Dinwiddie, CJ Wilcox or Khem Birch....guys that might not help us this year but stash them over seas and get great value when they come over.....this draft is deep....I think there are going to be some second rd steals this year

vCash
    I don't think a guy who shot 30% from the college 3PT line can be expected to be a quality shooter in the NBA. I also don't think FTs say anything about a players range or shooting ability. Ricky Rubio shoots 80% from the FT line, but is a way below average jumpshooter.

As far as Payton... I'm not in love with him, but I like him as a draft prospect despite the shooting. Worse case scenario, he's a guy you can use on a possession basis as a defensive stopper.
    Last edited by beasted86; 06-16-2014 at 08:57 PM.

vCash
    I don't think a guy who shot 30% from the college 3PT line can be expected to be a quality shooter in the NBA. I also don't think FTs say anything about a players range or shooting ability. Ricky Rubio shoots 80% from the FT line, but is a way below average jumpshooter.

As far as Payton... I'm not in love with him, but I like him as a draft prospect despite the shooting. Worse case scenario, he's a guy you can use on a possession basis as a defensive stopper.
    Clemson was had one of the worst offenses in college basketball. I think KJ would benefit a lot by playing in the NBA with better teammates. He'd get a lot more open looks and i think he'd bury them early in his career because his mechanics are solid; not a lot of moving parts and it's quick.

vCash
    What about Mitch McGary or Clint Capela?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HuRRiCaNeS324 View Post
    Clemson was had one of the worst offenses in college basketball. I think KJ would benefit a lot by playing in the NBA with better teammates. He'd get a lot more open looks and i think he'd bury them early in his career because his mechanics are solid; not a lot of moving parts and it's quick.
    You watched the video and thought his mechanics are solid?

Flat footed shooters are rarely successful and consistent. Paul Pierce is the only one I can think of in the league right now. His body control and balance are poor.

vCash

Kawhi shot below 30% from three in college but was a solid FT shooter at 76% and is now 37% three point shooter at the pro level....it happens.......KJ shot 41% from three when his feet were set....He does have solid shooting mechanics...I've seen the tape....he doesn't shoot well from three when hes rushed or contested......He needs to improve his release speed...which is fixable because of his ability to rise up quicker and create separation with his great athleticism...and playing with Lebron he will have a hell of a lot of time to shoot.....and I like Payton......but Payton can't shot...not from three or the line....and on our team that's a liability......but.....but if he improves his shot.....wow.....he can be a steal at 26.....but thats a bigger if than KJ
    Last edited by All-In; 06-16-2014 at 11:03 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiBoy77 View Post
    What about Mitch McGary or Clint Capela?
    I think both are in the "should've stayed and played one more year" camp....but they had their reasons for coming out now.....After watching Capela at the Hoop Summit, there are questions about basketball IQ, offensive prowess and overall skill but has major upside with his athleticism, size, wingspan and age at the pf/c position.....he would fit nicely in Miami's scheme but I'm afraid he wont see the court this year, thats why I say second rd....McGary is underrated when it comes to his athleticism....He might not be one the fastest guys or jumps through the roof but moves his feet very well....especially on PnR's...and he avg 2.2stl per 40min his freshman year which was one of the best rates for any player....let alone a center.....I also think he would fit nicely into Miami's scheme....but again I'm not sure he would see any court time.....thats why I want to trade our 55th pick up somewhere between 30-40 so we can get one of these players that have 1st rd talent but might not be able to help us out this year...maybe play them overseas or just manage their min to a low level....so come next year they've develop some pro level skill and now all of a sudden have a guy we drafted in the second round be a potential starter

vCash
    I dont really see anything in Cleanthony Early, KJ McDaniels, or DeAndre Daniels that we dont already have in James Ennis potential that is worth not getting another role player.

I kind of like the idea instead of trading up to 55, to trade down to get a couple of 2nd round picks. Say we end up with 3 2nds. lets say Philly gives us 32 and 52 for 26.

now we get to take 3 players that are not guaranteed that can all either be role players or go overseas. With guys like Battier retiring, decline of Lewis, Andersen, Haslem, we get 3 guys who can possibly fill roles if we draft well.

32. Mitch McGary, C, Michigan- would be great to have him learn from Birdman. If he can develop that time of energy he could be a star. Good, healthy organizations like ours can take a chance on him.
    52. Semaj Christian, PG, Xavier- solid PG prospect. Falls because of range.
    55. Andre Dawkins, SG, Duke - would be great to have him work with Allen for a year or 2.

FA: Channing Frye, Jordan Hill, Mo Williams

Cole/Williams/Christian
    Wade/Allen/Dawkins
    James/Beasley/Ennis
    Frye/Haslem
    Bosh/Hill/ Andersen/McGary

shooting and Bigs off the bench

vCash
    The HEAT will not have 3 rookies on this team. I do like the idea of trying to get a steal in the 2nd round so the contract would be non-guaranteed. A guy that can pay off with that is PJ Hairston whose projected to go early second. If we trade our first for an early 2nd and draft him, that would be huge.

As for Ennis, i like him, but idk what the plans are for him. Is he coming back next year for sure? Regardless, he isn't a sure thing and we've had too many old legs at the 3 for far too long. We should draft one of KJ, Early, or Daniels regardless and start getting younger if we hold onto that 26th pick.
    Last edited by HuRRiCaNeS324; 06-17-2014 at 01:41 AM.

vCash

NBA Draft Prospects

I don't think there is any way that p.j. will last to the 2nd rd. He is probably the most ready nba player in the draft. If he's available at 26 when we pick, we have to take him. The only way I can c us not taking him is if we decided to go with Napier. If we do trade up in the 2nd I hope it's for a bruiser like Patrick Young he can give us that toughness that we need. I think he could be a Haslem clone. He doesn't have the jump shot that Haslem had but he brings size and strength we need down low.
    [/CENTER]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiBoy77 View Post
    I dont really see anything in Cleanthony Early, KJ McDaniels, or DeAndre Daniels that we dont already have in James Ennis potential that is worth not getting another role player.

I kind of like the idea instead of trading up to 55, to trade down to get a couple of 2nd round picks. Say we end up with 3 2nds. lets say Philly gives us 32 and 52 for 26.

now we get to take 3 players that are not guaranteed that can all either be role players or go overseas. With guys like Battier retiring, decline of Lewis, Andersen, Haslem, we get 3 guys who can possibly fill roles if we draft well.

32. Mitch McGary, C, Michigan- would be great to have him learn from Birdman. If he can develop that time of energy he could be a star. Good, healthy organizations like ours can take a chance on him.
    52. Semaj Christian, PG, Xavier- solid PG prospect. Falls because of range.
    55. Andre Dawkins, SG, Duke - would be great to have him work with Allen for a year or 2.

FA: Channing Frye, Jordan Hill, Mo Williams

Cole/Williams/Christian
    Wade/Allen/Dawkins
    James/Beasley/Ennis
    Frye/Haslem
    Bosh/Hill/ Andersen/McGary

shooting and Bigs off the bench
    lol You're really high on James Ennis.....I don't even know if hes coming over just yet....like maybe....but we need wing depth no matter....just Ennis wont help us....we need PJ Hairston or KJ McDaniels or Jerami Grant to add even more athleticism to our wings....we need to spell Lebron as much as possible during the season......Just Ennis won't help us....and trading back our pick for 3 rookies doesnt make sense....the draft is about value...we are not getting any gains on our returns by trading our 26 down for a 32 and 52......getting the 52 pick is no incentive....I rather just trade our 55 up to 30-40...theres a huge difference between 32 and 52

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast