4 23.53%
  • Derek Carr

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Who is most likely to start week 1

Which rookie QB is most likely to start week 1?
    Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners Los Angeles Clippers Anaheim Ducks

Tweet me @Spencerrw3
    Go Hawks

vCash
    My vote is for Bridgewater
    Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners Los Angeles Clippers Anaheim Ducks

Tweet me @Spencerrw3
    Go Hawks

vCash
    Bortles

vCash
    Manziel, Bridge, and Bortles will all start week 1.

Carr will take over at some point during the season.

vCash
    Can't say for sure. I think all of the first four QB's taken have pretty decent shots at starting Week 1, with Tom Savage potentially being thrown in the mix as well.

vCash
    Wouldnt be mad if bortles did but in order for him to do so would have to completely outplay henne.

How about mettenberger cuz u know locker will get hurt

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    Wouldnt be mad if bortles did but in order for him to do so would have to completely outplay henne.

How about mettenberger cuz u know locker will get hurt
    Wow, such a tall order. It's Chad Henne

I like Met and Savage too. But I don't think either of them should start early but it seems TEN is tired of Jake.

So IDK.

The first three I'm real confident in and it's mostly because of the stages of the franchises, their owners, and current starting QBs.

vCash
    Should have multiple votes on this. I don't think some are more likely than others. I think if they don't have Bortles, Manziel and Bridgewater all starting week 1, they made some bad picks.

You'd like to get starters out of the first three rounds. First round selections better be ready to start, QB or not, otherwise its a questionable pick.

That said, if I were the Browns I'd sit Manziel for a while. Too much hype, too much pressure. Let it die out a bit and let him get ready for a season.

vCash
    Teddy. Carr might outperform schaub in training camp but the team will probably wait a few games to see how the line is gelling before they decide to throw him out there. If the o-line is as bad as last year I hope he rides the pine all season. I think bortles will start wk 1 as well. Manziel is a total wildcard, but I can see him starting at some point. If he looks decent in the preseason I could see him starting wk 1.

vCash
    I look at this so fundamentally different. Everyone is acting like okay whoever is most ready will definitely start. But I feel like it's more about the coaching staff and ownership that will decide than it is what they do in TC and PS. Just my POV...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Should have multiple votes on this. I don't think some are more likely than others. I think if they don't have Bortles, Manziel and Bridgewater all starting week 1, they made some bad picks.

You'd like to get starters out of the first three rounds. First round selections better be ready to start, QB or not, otherwise its a questionable pick.

That said, if I were the Browns I'd sit Manziel for a while. Too much hype, too much pressure. Let it die out a bit and let him get ready for a season.
    I can't imagine telling a competitor like Manziel, hwe can't start ya because you'll be under too much pressure, ya know? lol

I read someone say the other day that "Bortles admitting he's not ready to start." ********. Guys like that believe they can start right now. I'm sure he said the right things and was like I need to work and what not but he never said I'm not ready to start this year. Type A guys like that don't believe these things.

Let the big dog eat if that's what he thinks he is. I can't stand Manziel but I think he's going to turn heads in the preseason, good plays and bad and there really won't be anyone going "derp, let Brian Hoyer start, he had one good game in his 5 year journeyman career."

I can't wrap my head around so many people thinking that kid is good and should start. He looked good next to Brandon Weeden. And a 180 pound girl looks good next to a 500 pound one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post

This is absolutely false. You do not need your first round pick to start year one. If they need a year to learn it's fine. Especially at qb. I shouldn't even need to mention Rodgers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I can't imagine telling a competitor like Manziel, hwe can't start ya because you'll be under too much pressure, ya know? lol
    It's a Belichick-ish tactic, but it might be best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    This is absolutely false. You do not need your first round pick to start year one. If they need a year to learn it's fine. Especially at qb. I shouldn't even need to mention Rodgers.
    I'm not against it for the QB position, but teams like Jacksonville and the Browns don't draft project QBs in the 1st. They draft seat-filling starters who can win immediately. I think its best to sit them, have them learn, ease them in with less hype later on....but I don't see how these teams do that.

vCash
    Tom Savage. Yes I went there.
    Coulson Lives

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast