Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Lagares getting closer to return

ST. LOUIS -- Juan Lagares is getting closer to a return from a strained intercostal muscle on his right side.

Lagares, who last appeared with the Mets on June 1, took live batting practice for the first time since landing on the disabled list on Monday in Port St. Lucie, Fla., including against John Lannan.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/met...medium=twitter

I can't wait for him to come back. He's so important for this team.

vCash
    I can't wait either because as of now I barely watch when the mets are at bat.

vCash
    At this point, it may not be appropriate to place "Mets" and "bat" in the same sentence.

vCash
    Please come back. The sooner him and EY come back the sooner they can cut Chris Young hopefully.

vCash

This will make the team more watchable.
    #oneatatime

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69:28633751
    Please come back. The sooner him and EY come back the sooner they can cut Chris Young hopefully.
    Doubtful Sandy will cut him.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69:28633751
    More likely he'll trade Abreu for a minor leaguer to make room for Lagares. No way hes eating half of Young's 7.25 million dollar contract so he can play for someone else at minimum wage
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    More likely he'll trade Abreu for a minor leaguer to make room for Lagares. No way hes eating half of Young's 7.25 million dollar contract so he can play for someone else at minimum wage
    There's no room on this roster for CY anymore. He had to get off to at least a good start running the bases (and stealing them), playing good defense, and hitting for some power. He's done none of those things and he's seeing reduced playing time by the day. They are getting equal if not better production out of the guys they have. There is zero reason to keep him at this point. He isn't even worth anything in trade.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-17-2014 at 12:02 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69:28636237
    There's no room on this roster for CY anymore. He had to get off to at least a good start running the bases (and stealing them), playing defense, and hitting for some power. He's done none of those things and he's seeing reduced playing time by the day. They are getting equal if not better production out of the guys they have. There is zero reason to keep him at this point. He isn't even worth anything in trade.
    I dont think Sandy wants to eat a contract he hand picked.

vCash
    Well CY is basically the equivalent of Jason Bay at this point and is owed 4 million bucks so to me they should just cut their losses and move on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69:28636274
    Well CY is basically the equivalent of Jason Bay at this point and is owed 4 million bucks so to me they should just cut their losses and move on.
    Bay was his predecessor's mess. If they cut Young it wont be until August.

vCash
    Doesn't CY belong on the disabled list, or as the 6th outfielder?
    Scarecrow: I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

vCash

Den Dekker would go down in his place.

vCash
    Bay was his predecessor's mess. If they cut Young it wont be until August.
    I hope it's sooner. If they aren't sold on DenDekker then cut CY and bring up Kirk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I hope it's sooner. If they aren't sold on DenDekker then cut CY and bring up Kirk.
    I just wonder how soon Sandy will admit his $7.25 million mistake. I'm sure he thought he could sign a highly motivated player for one year and then trade him for prospects later in the year. He obviously didn't think he'd be this bad even though he's basically picking up where he left off last season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast