Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

If you were Anthony, how much would you like to sacrifice for a ring?

The title says it all.
    How much less money would you like to take per year?
    For me, 5 million.

vCash
    I don't like all of these all star players teaming up and being scared to compete against each other. They want everything to come easy to them. Have some pride and earn it the right way. Quit buying your championships.

GO LAKERS

vCash
    Nothing. At the end of the day $$$>Jewelry

vCash
    I'd sacrifice a lamb.

vCash
    dont really understand why ppl come up with the argument that these athletes make a lot of money so they ca take a huge paycut. You give any one of us middle income families 5-10 million and we can make it last a lifetime and more. These athletes spend 200k just on vacation for a week , buy multi million dollar homes, yachts, cars and drop thousands on bottles of alcohol in one night. 100 million dollar man with a 100 million dollar lifestyle. If your boss asked you to take a 10% paycut you'd ***** and moan.

vCash
    I dont think athletes should ever take paycuts. Owners forced a low salary cap on them, and than ask for them to take a paycut for the better roster. That's just ridiculous.

vCash
    There is a fine line between when its appropriate for an athlete to take a pay cut and when it compromises the competitive spirit of the game(In the eyes of the fans).\

Ray Allen taking less to play with the defending champs in the twilight of his career is fine.

Lebron/Wade/Bosh each taking pay cuts so the Heat can bring Melo in, would be a joke and would complete compromise the competitive nature of the game.

I know its not always fair what professional athletes go through. But in the eyes of fans lowering competitiveness is extremely low.
    Last edited by LongIslandIcedZ; 06-16-2014 at 02:41 PM.
    Go Knicks!

All time

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    Nothing. At the end of the day $$$>Jewelry
    I dont understand this, because people refuse to do the math,

do you understand that the average american makes $50,000 a year, melo makes over 15 mil a year, do the math bro, melo makes 300 x the average american salary a year, that means if he played one year, he could live off 150,00 a year, for 100 years, jesus ****ing christ, as a player of melo's age, i shoudl have saved money up over the years, and be set for ****ing life.

he should be able to play for free if he was even relitivly smart with his money.

that said, if im melo and i am serious about winning, you take around 10 mil,

ohh, btw, still not including sponserships which can be worth more for a player than his deal, and melo has made tons being the star in NY.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

vCash
    10 million a year? after taxes 6 million a year. OR stay the course, wait for 2015 summer of FA signings when knicks can add anyone they want and hen do that again. Then that 10 million becomes 21 million a year PLUS an extra year no one else can offer.

He would be a fool to even contemplate such a deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandIcedZ View Post
    There is a fine line between when its appropriate for an athlete to take a pay cut and when it compromises the competitive spirit of the game(In the eyes of the fans).\

Ray Allen taking less to play with the defending champs in the twilight of his career is fine.

Lebron/Wade/Bosh each taking pay cuts so the Heat can bring Melo in, would be a joke and would complete compromise the competitive nature of the game.

I know its not always fair what professional athletes go through. But in the eyes of fans lowering competitiveness is extremely low.
    Players who chase money are considered greedy. Players who chase opportunity ruin the integrity of the game. Damned if you do...

Anyway, Melo is running out of time. If he wants to get a ring while he can still be considered an all-star player he has to find the perfect fit for him and that means playing with an elite defensive center (Noah/Dwight) and tag-team partner to help carry the scoring load (Rose/Harden). Personally, I think Chicago is the best situation for him but Houston would be great as well. I'm pretty sure the Bulls would have to dump players like Taj/Boozer/etc to clear room though so we'll see how that goes down. Plus, obviously Rose is a question mark. Knowing what he could make in NY, I don't seem him giving up more than a few mil per season and that would only be to get himself into one of those ideal situations like Chicago or Houston.

vCash
    How much does Melo lose if he takes the major pay cut to sign with the Heat rather than resigning with the Knicks. Considering no tax Florida vs New York income tax?

vCash
    We'll if it's somewhere he wants to be and loves that's willing to build a team around him once there cap is situated I think the max is snore then enough... Especially with Phil at the helm it's where he wants to be but he wants to win so I don't blame him whatever he does but it's his fault were in this position... He forced out hand into tradit everything for him cus he couldn't wait and few months

steal of the draft cleanthony early

vCash
    NBA isn't measured by how much money you make, but on how many championships you have.

HE'S BAAAAACK!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Teeboy1487 View Post
    I don't like all of these all star players teaming up and being scared to compete against each other. They want everything to come easy to them. Have some pride and earn it the right way. Quit buying your championships.
    Players making sure that their team has stars has been around in history.

Magic took the easy way by declaring only when he knew he was going to be with a franchise that stars. Kobe forced his way to a franchise that could buy superstars. Jordan made threats to retire if the Bulls traded away Pipen because he knew he couldn't win without a superstar.

vCash
    He should sacrifice one more year of his career and take 5 years 100,000,000.00 and resign with the Knicks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast