Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

How Much Longer is the Window for the San Antonio Spurs?

After last year's NBA Finals, I thought they were done, and it time for OKC/LAC and the younger teams out west to take over the west.

The Spurs come out, post the best regular season in the NBA, and after their 1st round match-up with Dallas which took them to 7 games, simply just dominated the rest of the competition.

They just threw around a young Portland team which had won a tough series against Houston, they blew out OKC and took a 2-0 lead, before losing 2 straight to win 4-2, with all of their wins coming by like 15+, and then just dominated the HEAT in almost every game except games 1 and 2. Aside from the 1st quarter of Game 5, it seemed like San Antonio was never down in the series.

My question, as currently constructed, how much longer does this Spurs team have? I keep telling myself that they are done, but I've been telling myself that since 2011 it seems like.

Tim Duncan is the ageless wonder, Manu has stated that he wants to play again next season, Tony Parker is under contract, and their newly born finals MVP Kawahi looks ready to start a very promising career and become a quality offensive player and a dominant defensive threat.

With Pop at the helm, I wouldn't be surprised if San Antonio was competitive, (as in championship level) competitive for another 2 years. It just seems like they have an engine with 150k miles on it, and they just keep on replacing parts and small pieces and keep that engine running brand new.

vCash
    I think next season will be the last oppurtunity. Why? I don't have a difinitive answer besides the fact that Duncan can only be a cyborg for so many years before he's no longer a top 15 player, and he will probably prove me wrong.
    My Ignore list: Naps, bucketss, iknowhoops....

2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb

Receptions:
    Yards:
    Tds:

vCash
    As long as pop is there it doesn't close

I meese you Seņor Rodriguez

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    As long as pop is there it doesn't close
    I said with this current roster though, meaning Duncan, Ginobli, Parker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jerellh528 View Post
    I think next season will be the last oppurtunity. Why? I don't have a difinitive answer besides the fact that Duncan can only be a cyborg for so many years before he's no longer a top 15 player, and he will probably prove me wrong.
    He showed signs of slowing down 2-3 years ago only to come back older and better than ever lol. Like he swam in the fountain of youth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikeman View Post
    I said with this current roster though, meaning Duncan, Ginobli, Parker.
    gotcha. w the current roster I say 2 yrs, 3 max. only bc I think pop and tim retire together in 2-3 years
    But if pop stays on for a while they'll be ok

I meese you Seņor Rodriguez

vCash
    As long as Pops is on the roster, they're a competitor. In immediate terms, at least the next 2 seasons.

They've got some really nice up and coming players with Kawhi, Green, Mills, Diaw etc just getting better and lots in the tank left with Parker.

As for championship contention, I actually think the Spurs will be Better next year than this year as amazing as that is to believe.

TD and Manu shouldn't get much worse. Parker should be about the same. And you just know that Pops will perfectly manage their minutes and rest. TD doesn't rely heavily on athleticism so offensively he'll still be a beast, and defensively he'll be fine since you're not asking him to guard perimeter players.

Leonard, Mills, Green and Baynes should all improve. Diaw and Belinelli will be more comfortable in the system.

The West is a tough, tough place.
    J.R. Smith: "They were pretty much scoring at will. Especially my guy. I don't know what the hell I was doing on defense."

Raymond Felton : "The play was give the ball to Melo."

vCash
    Spurs are bound to lose a couple key guys to free agency. Patty Mills earned himself a nice paycheque after this season as well as Diaw so they may not be able to keep all their guys, but I think they have a legit shot at repeating next year
    Quote Originally Posted by freejimmer View Post
    Jimmer still being BLACK BALLED by the illuminati/homeboys...
    Quote Originally Posted by freejimmer View Post
    If Jimmer were to be given free reign offensively, the team would basically quit on the organization out of jealousy and envy. The white man is the minority in this game and the black players will be damned if the white man shows him up at his own game. Similar situation happening with Kevin Love, the team has to surround him with foreigners and whites because black players won't succumb to the greatness that is Kevin Love.

vCash
    He showed signs of slowing down 2-3 years ago only to come back older and better than ever lol. Like he swam in the fountain of youth.
    Yeah, I never really understood how he bounced back so well
    1. You're reading my signature.
    2. Now you're saying/thinking that's a stupid fact.
    4. You didn't notice that I skipped 3.
    5. You're checking it now.
    6. You're smiling.
    7. You're still reading my signature.
    8. You know all you have read is true.
    10. You didn't notice that i skipped 9.
    11. You're checking it now.
    12. You think this is a clever signature.
    13. You're still reading.
    14. Why are you still reading?
    15. You ignore my question.

vCash
    When Duncan retires

vCash
    I can see them contending for the title next season for the last time with Duncan, Manu and Pop returning for the Spurs..I can still see them as a top team if Duncan and Manu leaves after next season with Kawhi, Parker and Pop leading the charge, they'll eventually find a big man that would replace Timmy.

vCash
    Yeah, the last couple years were just crazy. Kind of went against what just about every single old guy you can think of has done in the NBA. You see it in football at times (Favre in MN), but not in the NBA.

vCash
    After last year's NBA Finals, I thought they were done, and it time for OKC/LAC and the younger teams out west to take over the west.

The Spurs come out, post the best regular season in the NBA, and after their 1st round match-up with Dallas which took them to 7 games, simply just dominated the rest of the competition.

They just threw around a young Portland team which had won a tough series against Houston, they blew out OKC and took a 2-0 lead, before losing 2 straight to win 4-2, with all of their wins coming by like 15+, and then just dominated the HEAT in almost every game except games 1 and 2. Aside from the 1st quarter of Game 5, it seemed like San Antonio was never down in the series.

My question, as currently constructed, how much longer does this Spurs team have? I keep telling myself that they are done, but I've been telling myself that since 2011 it seems like.

Tim Duncan is the ageless wonder, Manu has stated that he wants to play again next season, Tony Parker is under contract, and their newly born finals MVP Kawahi looks ready to start a very promising career and become a quality offensive player and a dominant defensive threat.

With Pop at the helm, I wouldn't be surprised if San Antonio was competitive, (as in championship level) competitive for another 2 years. It just seems like they have an engine with 150k miles on it, and they just keep on replacing parts and small pieces and keep that engine running brand new.
    Lol not a good question. Ive been hearing the window closing/closed for a number of years now and look where they at?

vCash
    5 years ago, I would have said a year....now, I believe that as long as they have Pop, they will compete.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chitownbulls View Post
    Yeah, I never really understood how he bounced back so well
    I could be wrong, but I think if you look at his personal situation that year, you'll see that more than age effected his play.

So, what if Timmy decides this WAS his last year?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast