Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Pick your coaching staff

We need new life on this topic...
    I'm not sure hiring a Laker is the best angle...
    Byron scott has been fired too many times for my liking...
    Rambis isn't a HC...IMO..
    There are reports that the Lakers just want to hire a temporary option until they're contending again...
    That doesn't make sense considering Kobe's contract extension...
    This is my favorite combination...
    Lionel Hollins as the HC...great motivator...carries himself with class...and has an aura about him...
    can bring out the best in players...big men and guards alike...
    add Nate McMillan as the top asst...defense defense defense...
    and then fill out the rest with LA guys...ie; Rambis, Mark Madsen, Kareem...etc
    Last edited by Rocco007; 06-15-2014 at 09:52 PM.
    ...A Dynasty A Cometh... 1225

vCash
    Temporary option til they're contending again? #whatkindastupidshytisthat#

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by majmarcus View Post
    Temporary option til they're contending again? #whatkindastupidshytisthat#
    NBA Rumors: Lakers next head coach to be hired for ‘short term’?

The Los Angeles Lakers have been linked to a handful of names as they attempt to fill their head coaching vacancy, though, few of the names have been overly large in stature.

There’s apparently a reason for that as Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe believes that not only will the Lakers avoid hiring a ‘big name’ coach, whomever they do bring in may only be a short term option.

“The Lakers are not going to make the big-name hire expected when their coaching job became open. Given they are not likely to sign a premium free agent this summer and are waiting for 2015, they are expected to bring on Byron Scott or Kurt Rambis to coach the team for the short term, just as they did with Mike D’Antoni. The difference is both Scott and Rambis are former Lakers and popular among the fan base. D’Antoni was never a popular hire.”

The logic here is simply keeping the franchises head above water until they can firmly re-tool, which may or may not include Kobe Bryant.

Washburn doesn’t go on to expand on just how long the Lakers would be keeping their newest hire. Might it just be for a season? Or may it be for a few years until the Lakers can bring in some additional talent as Bryant rides into the sunset?

Whatever the case may be, that has to be a little alarming to whomever takes the Lakers head coaching job though I doubt they’ll mind considering it’s a springboard to essentially any job you want if you achieve even mild success in Hollywood.

© 2014 Fansided, LLC. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
    http://fansided.com/2014/06/15/nba-r...t-term/#!ZAzMH

vCash
    If that is the Lakers plan, this team is in a lot deeper hole than it is letting on to believe. A temp until they are contending again?! that screams that the ownership cannot agree of anything!

vCash
    I still like Scott. Coaches get fired in this league. He's had more success than Hollins.

I still think a hard push for Thibodeau is worth a shot. Although it probably won't happen.

The last option would be to have some kind of young gun come in. It seems like former players becoming coaches is all the rage.

With fisher out I can't think of a retiring player who would fit that role.

vCash
    It woud surprise me if it's not scott.

vCash
    The Lakers are in trouble. This team has, seemingly has, very little if ANY direction smh...

vCash
    If they are planning on not contending right away why we're they so intent on getting a coach with experience and not going hard after Fisher? I don't get what their plan is and I'm afraid they don't have one.

vCash
    It's all part of the master plan.

vCash
    The Lakers are in trouble. This team has, seemingly has, very little if ANY direction smh...
    I believe in this organization...we'll be competitive next season...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco007 View Post
    We need new life on this topic...
    I'm not sure hiring a Laker is the best angle...
    Byron scott has been fired too many times for my liking...
    Rambis isn't a HC...IMO..
    There are reports that the Lakers just want to hire a temporary option until they're contending again...
    That doesn't make sense considering Kobe's contract extension...
    This is my favorite combination...
    Lionel Hollins as the HC...great motivator...carries himself with class...and has an aura about him...
    can bring out the best in players...big men and guards alike...
    add Nate McMillan as the top asst...defense defense defense...
    and then fill out the rest with LA guys...ie; Rambis, Mark Madsen, Kareem...etc
    Okay, rocco here you lost me. Byron is a proven winner not only as a player with us,but when he took a bunch mediocre players with the Nets and made them go,to the finals twice,is not an accident. When he lead the sorry New Orleans with a rookie pg and a bunch of so so players to a wonder full run that lost momentum when cp3 and several other players got hurt. Was not a fluke either. They were scary! Cavs is another story. Their pg has always hurt and they had nothing else. I wish that Jimbaco let him have a chance to work this time around with the. Mamba and the rest of the team.
    The time is now coach!

vCash
    Give me Hollins

vCash
    Is it just me or are the Lakers one of the slowest moving teams? It seems as though almost anything they do, the process is long. But they couldnt wait to ink Dantoni smh

vCash
    I think they're keeping their options open until FA

I know it's a super long shot but I bet they are thinking...talk to LBJ, tell him he can come here team up with Kobe, Gasol and a young prospect, build his brand in LA for that goal of a billion, AND he can pick the next coach.

I mean really...I think it's going to be used for leverage.

vCash
    ^^^ well I hope you're right bro. I can roll with your way of thinkin...

#ITSTHATDAMNBUSSANDCUPCAKEICANTTRUST#

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast