Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Lightbulb Bucks should use our $10M capspace to eat salaries for picks,young assets

When I read on main page Bulls need help to land Melo. Yeah they can amnesty Boozer but still be short. What if we eat Gibson salary for a first rounder?

Taj Gibson $8,000,000 $8,500,000 $8,950,000

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/chicago.htm

Then re-flip Gibson after that trade for another trade to get expiring's and a young asset or a pick. Bulls have #16 and #19. I'd take either or and Gibson and send them a TPE. Then re-flip Gibson. What teams could use Gibson? We get #16 and Gibson. Then re-flip Gibson to Celtics? For Wallace and #17? Then tell Wallace not to report? #16 and #17 just acquired for our capspace. Yeah could be a dream scenario. Thoughts?

vCash
    I just wonder what the market out there for Gibson is. Being able to get another 1st round pick from Chicago would be great, but I really don't feel like the Bucks should be eating 8+ million worth of salary for the next three years. Only do it if Gibson can be flipped to another team.

And if Gibson can be traded to another team, why wouldn't Chicago just cut out the middle man that is the Bucks and deal with them directly?

Lots of difficulties with this idea I think. Interesting thought though.

vCash
    Bucks probably could trade with Celtics as well. Eat Wallace contract for #17 and Celtics get TPE.

vCash
    I'm just wondering if that's a deal Boston would be willing to do. They already have Sullinger who plays a similar position, and all indications are that they are going to draft either Aaron Gordon or Julius Randle who both play similar positions.

vCash
    I don't think Gibson would qualify as "eating" his salary...he is a very good player who needs to start. Better than Henson by a longshot.

vCash
    Bulls wanna add a name. Seems like their ready to package both firsts to move up with Nuggets for a higher pick and less roster spots taken up. But also wanna unload Boozer but that still isn't enough capspace for Melo. Gibson be odd man out as well. No way Rockets unload Asik and Lin. Two poison pill contracts. Then again Knicks been ran poorly for decades.

vCash
    I would definitely talk to the Bulls about just taking Gibson straight up, or maybe for a 2nd round pick. I doubt the Bulls will give up a pick along with him though.

Trade a #48 for Gibson.

Trade

Ersan and Raduljica to the Rockets

Asik to the Celtics

Wallace, #17, #25 to the Bucks

vCash
    What do the bucks need Gibson for? Doesn't fit the rebuilding model. Anyways Gibson has positive value not negative

vCash
    We would re-flip Gibson to another team for expiring's and a young asset or a pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thornga2 View Post
    I would definitely talk to the Bulls about just taking Gibson straight up, or maybe for a 2nd round pick. I doubt the Bulls will give up a pick along with him though.

Trade a #48 for Gibson.

Trade

Ersan and Raduljica to the Rockets

Asik to the Celtics

Wallace, #17, #25 to the Bucks

Gibson is worth every bit of a 1st rounder. Good luck getting them to take that trade.

vCash
    This is if Bulls are in hot pursuit of Melo. Other wise they wont be dumping Gibson.
    Last edited by MILLERHIGHLIFE; 06-16-2014 at 05:07 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Gibson is worth every bit of a 1st rounder. Good luck getting them to take that trade.
    Agreed. IMO, Gibson would be the best all around player on the Bucks if he came here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mseds99 View Post
    Agreed. IMO, Gibson would be the best all around player on the Bucks if he came here.
    Gibson is what we WISH John Henson would be.

vCash
    I actually agree that it will take more to get Gibson. I think the Bulls are gonna look to dump him because they want Melo, but it's likely that someone will give up a pick for him.