Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Angry What the hell is wrong with the bullpen?

Aside from Broxton and Chapman, I think its time to replace the entire bullpen. These guys SUCK, don't they know what their role is? Are they even prepared or ready to come into a game? Who the hell is managing these losers? Last I checked, their was to get people OUT, not blow every game where the starter doesn't pitch through the 7th with a lead. This is the biggest problem I see, aside from the inconsistent hitting, but its cost us so many games through 2.5 months, I had to say something. Is there any way to find someone who doesn't blow a lead? Hoover, Lecure, Parra, Ondrusek all need to go.

vCash
    Ondrusek and Hoover need to go, no doubt. Parra and LeCure are serviceable. Cingrani should help some in long relief but I'd like to see us trade for a seventh inning guy which seems to be the biggest need. Marshall has been really struggling and I believe back on the DL which hurts the pen quite a bit.

''Sig by Johnle''

vCash
    Well, Lecure blew another one tonight, I guess we should go to Cuba and find a new more relievers like Iglesias, who we are supposed to be signing shortly. This guy can't get here soon enough and no way could he be worse than what we have. Any game the starters don't last 7 innings and the Reds are doomed. These guys all need s swift kick in the *** and a docking of the paycheck. Maybe send a few of them to Triple A to wake them up. Something has to be done, this is getting ridiculous.

vCash
    Yeah as of what I've read, this Iglesias pitcher is like a right handed Chapman.

The problem with going to AAA to find relievers, is I don't think we really have any MLB ready pitchers waiting. Otherwise they'd already be up here. I agree though, I'm tired of watching the Reds blow the lead every 7th inning. They need to trade for a decent reliever or send Simon back to the bullpen, which I would advise against.

vCash
    While LeCure has struggled A LOT recently I still trust him more than Ondrusek and Hoover. That being said, they all deserve to be sent down or traded. I expect a couple of our young stud SP's in the minors like Stephenson, Corcino, ect to get a shot to make a difference and stick on the roster for the remainder of the season, once September call-ups come around. I wouldn't mind Christiani over Hoover or Ondrusek for the time being.

''Sig by Johnle''

vCash
    Now I'm going to be sick. Watching the Toronto game proves to me that we have NO ONE that can be relied on. How can a team blow an 8 run lead at home? Even Broxton and Chapman are blowing the game, doesn't anyone on this team give a **** about the season? Only thing I would do is donate all their paychecks to charity. Anyone got a better idea?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikes_Fan_TC View Post
    Now I'm going to be sick. Watching the Toronto game proves to me that we have NO ONE that can be relied on. How can a team blow an 8 run lead at home? Even Broxton and Chapman are blowing the game, doesn't anyone on this team give a **** about the season? Only thing I would do is donate all their paychecks to charity. Anyone got a better idea?
    Here is my take. Hot and humid night and the ball was just jumping off the bat. Diaz and Broxton had some great pitches that was reached for and put out of the park. I believe all Diaz's hits were balls.... who does that? ALL ABOUT WINNING THE SERIES.

vCash
    Definitely a bad night for the pen but saying Broxton and Chapman can't be relied upon is going too far. They both have been very good and reliable all year, every pitcher has a bad outing every now and then.

''Sig by Johnle''

vCash
    Yeah Chapman and Broxton are both having great years... the rest of the bullpen, not so much.