Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Miami Heat

12 46.15%
  • San Antonio Spurs

14 53.85%
Page 1 of 95 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

NBA Finals Game 5: Heat @ Spurs 6/15 - 8:00 PM EST - ABC - Spurs lead series 3-1

GAME 5:

@

Time: 8:00 PM EST

Mario Chalmers - Dwyane Wade - LeBron James - Rashard Lewis- Chris Bosh

Tony Parker - Danny Green - Kawhi Leonard - Boris Diaw - Tim Duncan

vCash
    I join 99.9% of the world in saying go spurs

vCash
    Spurs!
    10 Rec, 96 YD, 1TD
    injured.....again

vCash
    Normally I don't try to play armchair psychologist, but I just don't see the Heat from 1-15 busting their hump at this point.

Lebron, Bosh and Wade aren't stupid.

They know that the odds of winning this series from being down 3-1 is pretty close to zero. They also know that they're in the East and barring a catastrophe they have an annual cakewalk to the ECF, and that right now there are no credible contenders to the Finals in the East given that the Pacers are a wreck, the Nets are are nowhere near being contenders, and the Bulls being a non-threat due to lack of scoring.

They're tired, they're banged up, they know they're going into the off season with player options and the possibility to sign with either another team, or re-sign with the Heat to make cap space to get more help (and a more credible run in 2015). Why on earth would they put everything on the line for a near lost cause when they weren't even putting everything on the line in a must win game 4?

Wade can just roll out another hidden injury excuse. Bosh can just say that he was playing his role. Lebron still has nice box stuffing stats.

Between the Spurs being favorites through displayed dominance through the play offs and the complete MIA play of Chalmers and Cole, they have a perfect set of scapegoats to let them off the hook.

And let's not forget this is their 4th finals run and they already have 2 championships. They're not going to have the same desperation as some bunch of young guys chasing their first chip who'll risk life and limb on a lost cause, especially since none of them (except Battier) are considering retirement any time soon.

I think it's quite possible that they'll put in a decent effort initially and see how it goes, but if it starts going bad they'll go through the motions, lose the game and congratulate the Spurs for being an amazing team. Then regroup for next season.

Could the Heat win? Sure. However, I think the Spurs take game 5.
    J.R. Smith: "They were pretty much scoring at will. Especially my guy. I don't know what the hell I was doing on defense."

Raymond Felton : "The play was give the ball to Melo."

vCash
    Miami played better in both road games. This is a weird series. I could see Miami winning and that scares me, cause Spurs would need to win again in Miami. And if it gets to game 7 all bets are off at that point.

Spurs have never lost a game 5 in the finals before, so anyone who cares about that sort of stat, there's that. Doesn't mean much to me because as we saw last year, anything can happen.

vCash
    could you imagine ray allen on the spurs, since the spurs seem to make everyone hit their threes at an amazing clip.

vCash
    I was shocked to hear Miami radio after game 4 and they were like meh, who gives a ****, we won 2 ships, its the spurs time and who better to lose to than the spurs organization.

if you dont believe me, listen to dan lebatard podcasts yesterday

vCash
    The Heat will put up an effort of all efforts but I am not sure if it will be enough.

vCash
    Pack the bags, Miami. You blew this series by playing like laughing stocks. Everyone should be ashamed. I think Spurs deserve plenty of credit but the lack of effort by Miami was horrendous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Pack the bags, Miami. You blew this series by playing like laughing stocks. Everyone should be ashamed. I think Spurs deserve plenty of credit but the lack of effort by Miami was horrendous.
    They have no one to blame but themselves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by d00d View Post
    I was shocked to hear Miami radio after game 4 and they were like meh, who gives a ****, we won 2 ships, its the spurs time and who better to lose to than the spurs organization.

if you dont believe me, listen to dan lebatard podcasts yesterday
    did dan labatard say that? dude is the biggest most obnoxious heat fan, i hope someone makes a 15 minute long rant for him if miami loses.

vCash
    I just cannot predict this series for squat. Mind says Spurs but my history in this series would mean Miami will prolong the inevitable
    "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you might find, you get what you need"

HERE'S TO THE 2014-2015 SEASON !! GO GRIZZ !!!

vCash

NBA Finals Game 5: Heat @ Spurs 6/15 - 8:00 PM EST - ABC - Spurs lead series 3-1

Miami 93 Spurs 87

vCash
    Not so big into predicting wins, but I will always take whatever team Lebron James is on.

vCash
    Heat might make it close, but I think the Spurs withstand Miami's occasional runs and win by 12.

90-102, Spurs. Maybe Miami takes the lead, but Spurs are great at pulling off a rally.

She can turn my "Paige" anytime!

Page 1 of 95 1231151 ... LastLast