Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Woj: Carmelo Anthony Leaning Towards Leaving, Houston & Bulls in Contention

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources...161206919.html

I thought he would stay tbh. The question is whether Houston or Chicago can clear cap space between now and July 1st.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Utd7 View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources...161206919.html

I thought he would stay tbh. The question is whether Houston or Chicago can clear cap space between now and July 1st.
    No offense, but why in the world would you think that?

vCash
    I thought there was no way he goes back to the Knicks. My gut has told me Chicago all along.

I meese you Seņor Rodriguez

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RateSports View Post
    No offense, but why in the world would you think that?
    Exactly, I mean bedsides being a Knicks fan and wishful thinking, Bulls and Houston are MUCH better options at this point. It's clear he's after more than just money at this point.

vCash
    Kinda upsets me ... Love melo i guess he's not happy with fisher as the coach , cus Jackson should be enough to make a player want to stay to build a team around him..... As long as we get some picks back and a couple good young players....plus if we suck this year we'll actually have a pick

steal of the draft cleanthony early

vCash
    His salary and the Rockets roster don't add up. They would have to do some serious maneuvering and have the Knicks willing to take on Lin and/or Asik's contract to try to acquire him.

vCash
    I think Chicago is the most likely destination, with Houston not really even being an option. Even though Rose is a huge question mark, Melo should want to stay in the East. If you put Melo on this years Bulls, even without Rose, the only team they gotta worry about is Miami. With Thibs at the helm and a guy like Noah on the court, that team would play defense. With a guy like Melo on the floor, their scoring problems would be a thing of the past. A tandem of Melo/Noah would be good. The Bulls would still need to add a better supporting cast, and if Rose can't stay healthy (nothing suggests he will), maybe look for a 3rd piece.

But at the end of the day, if Melo is serious about winning he will not go back out West. Why go to a team like Houston and have to deal with San Antonio, Oklahoma City, Los Angeles Clippers, Memphis, Golden State, Portland and even Dallas and Pheonix every year. Miami is in the East, that's it. Not only that, James Harden is the type of guy who needs to have the ball in his hands all the time, like Melo. Neither Harden nor Melo are particularly known for their defensive prowess. Dwight Howard is really more of a liability offensively and is known to slack off. Houston needs a facilitating point guard to go with Harden/Howard, someone like CP3 or Parker. They won't get that, but that is what they need.

I think the Melo to Miami reports are a joke and don't see it happening.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKNYGNYY View Post
    Kinda upsets me ... Love melo i guess he's not happy with fisher as the coach , cus Jackson should be enough to make a player want to stay to build a team around him..... As long as we get some picks back and a couple good young players....plus if we suck this year we'll actually have a pick
    Honest opinion as a Knicks fan, what do you guys think of Boozer and maybe three firsts?

vCash

Woj: Carmelo Anthony Leaning Towards Leaving, Houston & Bulls in Contention

Come on NY take Boozer , Snell , 19th and Sac pick Melo and let's call it a day.
    Last edited by Stunner; 06-14-2014 at 03:58 PM. Reason: add

vCash
    Chicago have two first round picks (#16 and #19) as well as some decent role players and young talent.

Love has shown an interest in playing in New York.

I feel like there's an easy answer to all of this... it just depends on how badly Chicago want Melo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bird
    It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Come on NY take Boozer , Snell , 19th and Sac pick Melo and let's call it a day.
    That's a pretty awful package...lol.

I would imagine PJ would much rather send Melo out west if it comes down to it.

CHI would probably have to give up more than that just to clear cap and sign Melo. So the only way PJ accepts that kind of deal is if Melo says "CHI or nothing"... but even then, I think PJ would just let Melo walk before trading him for essentially a late 1st and having to pay Boozer like $40m+ for one season... which is what his contract would cost NY with the lux tax.

Realistically from CHI I think it would take Butler and their 2 1st rounders.

vCash
    I hope he goes to Chicago, they're a good franchise and melo deserves to go to a team where they can get the most outta him. He's not a bad player, kinda under appreciated IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    That's a pretty awful package...lol.

I would imagine PJ would much rather send Melo out west if it comes down to it.

CHI would probably have to give up more than that just to clear cap and sign Melo. So the only way PJ accepts that kind of deal is if Melo says "CHI or nothing"... but even then, I think PJ would just let Melo walk before trading him for essentially a late 1st and having to pay Boozer like $40m+ for one season... which is what his contract would cost NY with the lux tax.

Realistically from CHI I think it would take Butler and their 2 1st rounders.
    Sign and trade everyone!

N.Y Send; Melo and Felton
    Receive; Kevin Love

Chi City Sends; Gibson, Butler, Boozer, two first round picks (2014).
    Receives; Melo, Budinger, Felton.

Minny Send; Love and Budinger
    Receive; Taj Gibson, Jimmy Butler, Carlos Boozer, two first round picks (from Chi)

Minny get a young prospect in Butler, Boozer who expires in a couple of seasons, the excellent Taj Gibson and they now have the 13th, 16th and 19th pick to help with the rebuild.

If Knicks can buy their way into a late first rounder they could draft Napier to replace Felton, or just grab someone in free agency. Either way they need to ditch Felton and getting Love back in exchange for Melo is pretty good imo.

Doubt Minny would do it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bird
    It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

vCash
    Butler, Gibson and both those 1st round picks before PJ even considers it.

vCash
    ^ if CHI was going to give up all that they'd probably just go for Love themselves...

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast