Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: We The North

vCash

We The North

My buddy showed me this, apparently this guy is Drake's cousin from Mississauga. http://soundcloud.com/denzel-austin/wethenorth With the whole "We The North" campaign and adding guys like Drake as embassador do you guys believe the Raptors organization has started to build an embracing and welcoming culture that will attract stars? *cough* KD *cough* And do you guys as Raptor fans embrace the "We The North" slogan?

vCash
    Is this a plug for some exposure?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLER R View Post
    Yeah totally, cuz Pro sports daily is the best place for that

vCash

We The North

It is what it is. Good marketing campaign, improving team. Hopefully we outgrow the phase we are in. We still have a long way to go. The things I'm more excited about are the attention great team play is getting in the finals this year and the proliferation of top Canadian draft talent we are seeing.

Drake is embarrassing though,as well intentioned as he is.

vCash
    Really like the "We the North" campaign. It's the best marketing campaign I have seen from the team since they entered the league. It's not embarrassingly nationalistic but manages the same as what those types of ads tried to do in the past.

I don't think the campaign will do anything to attract big name free agents but it should be beneficial to the Raps from a fan perspective.

vCash
    I agree ink, Drake is emberassing... it would have been more effective to have him as an embassadot on his way up several years ago when he gained alot of popularity in the mainstream.

Half the kids these days clown on him so the purpose of him attractiving stars is really a non factor. lol at the guys who think durant will sign here because drake is going to ask him to. . .funniest ish I ever heard.

I do like the "we the north" marketing though. it made it all the way to the brooklyn bridge lol http://gamedayr.com/lifestyle/fans/r...affiti-106109/

vCash
    Lol. Do people think a marketing gimmick will land stars?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Lol. Do people think a marketing gimmick will land stars?
    If they didnt think that, they probably wouldnt have Drake on the payroll. unfortunatley, yes they do think that. The marketing i have no problem with, but the embassador thing is just silly. do other teams have one ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kobemelo:28624857
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLER R View Post
    Yeah totally, cuz Pro sports daily is the best place for that
    True, however Google results are directly based on how frequently or commonly a particular site is referenced among other sites. The whole concept of build your google visibility is based on getting your content linked on other sites.

So back to the original question, is this a plug?

Kidding of course

I really have enjoyed what we have seen from the we the north campaign to date. I am not sure how far they will take it, only time will tell. I do think however, the new front office will continue to build a winning brand. I have huge belief in TL to put mlse as a whole in a great position to succeed.

What I hope is that the concept of Canada as a poor option within the player ranks has changed. The role I believe drake is meant to play. I think the current young crop (demar, amir, etc)has already started to change this image.

In short I am optimistic that we will see a competitive team, for the foreseeable future.
    "When I was little, my father was famous
    He was the greatest samurai in the empire"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    If they didnt think that, they probably wouldnt have Drake on the payroll. unfortunatley, yes they do think that. The marketing i have no problem with, but the embassador thing is just silly. do other teams have one ?
    Drake had the partnership with the Raptors with regards to the branding, marketing and being the 'host' of the 2016 ASG. So in a sense, he's pretty much a mascot.

He's not there to entice anyone to come. He's just a face to get people hyped up about Toronto and try to get seats filled.

Also, pretty sure he's not on the payroll. If he is, that would be tampering and the team could get in trouble. Jackson just got fined for talking about Fisher.

Players are going to go to places where they can win. No one is going to go here just because the Raptors have a rapper as a partner and they have a somewhat cool but grammatically incorrect marketing. They can market all they want but if they don't show anything for it, why even bother considering Toronto as a FA destination.
    Last edited by Raps08-09 Champ; 06-14-2014 at 06:32 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Drake had the partnership with the Raptors with regards to the branding, marketing and being the 'host' of the 2016 ASG. So in a sense, he's pretty much a mascot.

He's not there to entice anyone to come. He's just a face to get people hyped up about Toronto and try to get seats filled.

Also, pretty sure he's not on the payroll. If he is, that would be tampering and the team could get in trouble. Jackson just got fined for talking about Fisher.

Players are going to go to places where they can win. No one is going to go here just because the Raptors have a rapper as a partner and they have a somewhat cool but grammatically incorrect marketing. They can market all they want but if they don't show anything for it, why even bother considering Toronto as a FA destination.
    he isnt on the raptors payroll but trust me he gets paid in some way or another. he isnt doing that **** for free.

and I agree players will go where they think they can win. simple as that. I doubt anyone signed with the Lakers just to see Jack Nicholson in the front row lol

vCash
    http://prosportsdaily.com/Headlines/...ticleId=308897

maybe Drake can recruit Johnny Manziel to the raps

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    he isnt on the raptors payroll but trust me he gets paid in some way or another. he isnt doing that **** for free.

and I agree players will go where they think they can win. simple as that. I doubt anyone signed with the Lakers just to see Jack Nicholson in the front row lol
    The formal deal if I am not mistaken is between Mlse, and his company ovo. I believe their relationship works much along the similar lines of how a player in the nba cannot be charged with tampering. I cannot remember exactly but in am pretty sure I remember reading some time ago this is essentially how it works.
    "When I was little, my father was famous
    He was the greatest samurai in the empire"

vCash

We The North

I like that we the north doesn't pretend Toronto is a "world class city like NYC" anymore. It's better to be unique than to try to sell yourself as something like something famous.

We also means all of Canada and that's awesome.