Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Source: Phil Jackson, Knicks officials show Carmelo Anthony their blueprint

Phil Jackson led a contingent of Knicks officials into a meeting with Carmelo Anthony on Friday in Los Angeles, according to a league source, and presented their plan for turning the team into a contender.

The current blueprint includes Anthony, but he has the ability to opt out of his contract by June 23 and become a free agent. All indications are that Anthony will do that.

Jackson has said he hopes Anthony will "opt in" and wait until 2015 to become a free agent. But a league source said Anthony hasn't changed his mind after saying all season that he would become a free agent this summer.

If Anthony were to opt in, it would give the Knicks more flexibility next summer, and perhaps in 2016, to sign multiple stars. The 2015 free-agent class could include LeBron James, Rajon Rondo, Kevin Love, LaMarcus Aldridge, Chris Bosh and Marc Gasol. Kevin Durant is the big potential prize in 2016.

Jackson was accompanied by general manager Steve Mills and new coach Derek Fisher during the sit-down with Anthony and his agent, Leon Rose. It was the first time Anthony met with Fisher since he became coach.

The Knicks can pay Anthony more than any other team in free agency. A maximum deal from them would be five years and roughly $129 million. But Jackson also has said that if Anthony re-signs, he hopes he will take less to give the Knicks more room for other moves.

Anthony has said he would be willing to give up some money, whether he stays with the Knicks or signs elsewhere, and that winning will be his priority.

There have been reports that Anthony could sign with the Heat and form a Big Four with James, Dwyane Wade and Bosh. Anthony said he had no knowledge of that.

"I [haven't heard] about that one," he told the website TMZ on Thursday night. "That's a new one . . . Nothing is legit until a deal is signed."

Speaking before the Heat played Game 4 of the NBA Finals on Thursday night against the Spurs, James also pleaded ignorance when he was asked about teaming with Anthony.

It would take plenty of sacrifices by James, Anthony, Wade and Bosh -- from shots to many millions of dollars -- for them to team up. They all would have to opt out later this month, and the Heat would have to get rid of some other players under contract.

In this scenario, no one would have to give up more than Anthony. If everything broke perfectly in Miami, Anthony would have to sign for about $70 million less than he could get from the Knicks. It's hard to fathom Anthony taking that much of a pay cut.
    http:// http://www.newsday.com/sport...rint-1.8443935

vCash
    Sources: As Carmelo Anthony leans toward leaving New York, Chicago and Houston emerge as free agency frontrunners. yhoo.it/1hU8THu
    12:16pm - 14 Jun 14

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/stat...47075405963264

vCash
    Must not have been much of a blueprint

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    Must not have been much of a blueprint
    It's a blueprint built on if's, that's the problem.

-IF you take this pay cut, then maybe...
    -IF this guy signs in 2015, then maybe...
    -IF that guy takes a pay cut, then maybe...

It's a lot of hoops to jump through, can't really say I blame the guy if he decides to go to great set ups like the Bulls have, for example.

vCash
    With derick fisher as coach,
    I think I would rather go young.
    And start from the ground up.
    Getting as many draft picks as possible.
    Gutting the team and build something new with fresh young talent .
    With Phil at the helm leading the way .
    We could possible build a real team .
    One like the spurs.
    Where everyone plays together and there are no egos in the locker room.
    Everyone shares the ball and
    Phil w

vCash
    And Phil would get the most out of every body.
    So as much as I would like it for melo to stay,
    I think it would be a blessing in disguise if he left.

And then we could possible have a chance at bringing in kd when he becomes available .

So if melo wants to go than fine let him leave.
    We don't need him anyways.

And I damn sure don't want him if he wants the max money again.

We could just replace him with a guy like deign .

I personally feel that jr and amare can carry the scoring load and at the same time be better team mates.

We don't need melo.

And if wants to leave than F him.
    Let his bum ***** leave.

We are not going to beg him to stay.

The more I watch the spurs play.
    The more I get excited about what can be for the knicks with Phil leading the way.

I don't want any guys on the team that think they deserve better than there teammates .

So melo can go, and so can shump.
    And if we have to than Tyson can go as well.

You know what, the team can get traded for players who want to play as one.

Pablo can stay.

vCash
    The only problem is,
    Is that if melo leaves than it may take awhile for us to build something strong.

But I'm prepared for that.
    As long as there is a plan
    And as long as we see improvement each year.
    By year four we should be contenders.

But if melo stays than I think we could be contenders next season with the only addition being a new pg.

vCash
    I'm a knick fan.
    So if melo stays than I will support him because he plays for the knicks, but if leaves than f him,
    I'll still be a knick fan regardless.

vCash
    I bet you guys are with me on Dolan being a dumbass for giving Denver 4 starters and draft picks for this guy... He doesn't care about this team one bit lol but had the nerve to beg to come here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seizabmc View Post
    The only problem is,
    Is that if melo leaves than it may take awhile for us to build something strong.

But I'm prepared for that.
    As long as there is a plan
    And as long as we see improvement each year.
    By year four we should be contenders.

But if melo stays than I think we could be contenders next season with the only addition being a new pg.
    bro if melo leaves it won't take long for us to be good again the reason we sucked for a decade was cuz we never had cap isiah always pulled off a dum trade to tie up our cap for years all we have to do is suck for one year and rebuild in 2015 with some good players we could still put a team together like gasol dragic and lma with a top 5 pick if melo leaves remember the grass isn't always greener on the other side that goes both ways if melo leaves it just might be for the best and I love melo but dude is turning 30 coming off of two shoulder injuries and if he resigned he wouldn't be cool with tanking like pierce did when he was on the celtics

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Jared Dudley>>>>>>Melo.

vCash
    There are reports that melo was also turned off by Pjax going public wanting him to take less money to sign other players and frankly i cant blame him. If i was him i would be like why would you want me to take less money to play for a team that didn't even make the playoffs last year. Thats his only plus with staying with the knicks and thats because they can pay him the most, if melo wanted to play for less why wouldn't he just go elsewhere that has a better chance to contend right now. Thats just bad stratagy on Pjax part to ask mello to play for less because that would of rubbed a lot of people the wrong way imo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBallinman View Post
    There are reports that melo was also turned off by Pjax going public wanting him to take less money to sign other players and frankly i cant blame him. If i was him i would be like why would you want me to take less money to play for a team that didn't even make the playoffs last year. Thats his only plus with staying with the knicks and thats because they can pay him the most, if melo wanted to play for less why wouldn't he just go elsewhere that has a better chance to contend right now. Thats just bad stratagy on Pjax part to ask mello to play for less because that would of rubbed a lot of people the wrong way imo.
    A max type of player would have gotten this team into the playoffs. Melo's a great scorer but not a leader of men IMO.

Melo made the statement that he was willing to take less money and Phil gave him a reminder. Essentially telling him, put your money where your mouth is.

vCash
    ^ Yeah your right about that, melo did start the whole play for less, so i dont see how pjax mentioning him playing for less could of rubbed him the wrong way if there is some truth to this.

vCash
    The Blueprint:

vCash
    It is just me or does a Melo-Smith-Bargnani triangle look pretty sweet.

Melo in the post with Smith in the corner and Bargnani up top. Thats a mismatch nightmare.

#KNICKS TAPED PLAYOFFS 2013

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast