Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: this bothers me

vCash

this bothers me

I just came across an article on ESPN and found this about the Brandon Carr, I knew he is terribly over paid but I didn't know as of April 18 that he had the highest cap hit of Any CB in the NFL. The guy was rated as one of the worse CB's in the NFL last year but we made him the highest paid CB.

Carr sucks and is mybe worth a 3rd of what we pay him so why didn't Jerry Jones ask him to take a pay cut liek he did Ware? All i know is we better have him on the chopping block if he doesn't make the pro bowl this year. Matter of Fact we should go after Brandon Flowers and let Carr go next season anyway

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/tag/...randon-flowers
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

vCash
    There's no doubt he was overpaid but its not as bad as you think. Carrs cap hit is a little inflated because they restructured his contract to help get under the cap last year. Its not his fault that his cap hit exceeds his yearly salary. That was a decision made by the cowboys management.

vCash
    teams release players for reasons

"
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknell View Post
    Matter of Fact we should go after Brandon Flowers and let Carr go next season anyway
    And what would that do to our cap situation, which is already pretty bad?

vCash

this bothers me

Yeah everyone can forget this go get flowers thing because its not happening and if Carr under performs this year he'll more than likely be cut next off season end of story

vCash
    Carr played press man coverage in KC and he was awesome at. Dallas played a ridiculous zone coverage last year that does not work anymore. If he fails in marinellis press man this year, then yeah, hes gone. Carr is very solid in press man and so is Claiborne. I believe alot of you will be pleasantly surprised.

vCash
    Flowers is only 5'8. I don't care how good a corner is who is that short, I don't want him because they can't stop the big-time pplaymaking wrs

vCash
    [QUOTE=cowboysride;28627252]Carr played press man coverage in KC and he was awesome at. Dallas played a ridiculous zone coverage last year that does not work anymore. If he fails in marinellis press man this year, then yeah, hes gone. Carr is very solid in press man and so is Claiborne. I believe alot of you will be pleasantly surprised.

I do agree but he will get burned by guys like CJ, Green, And any other larger receiver. Orlando plays those guys better than he does. I think Mo would as well just because he has the athletic abilities to keep up with them. Carr is a great second corner, we don't have a first unless Mo steps it up.

vCash
    I watched Carr give up like 300 yards to Calvin johnson. Do you know how bad you have to play to give up that many yards to 1 player? Carr is also very slow for the CB position, if he had a more reasonable salary hit I would mind but to be the highest paid and be rated so low.

IF they play man this year I expect him and Caliborne to do damage if the D-line can get some pressure though. but if they run that cover 2 bull he is not the guy

vCash
    I watched Carr give up like 300 yards to Calvin johnson. Do you know how bad you have to play to give up that many yards to 1 player? Carr is also very slow for the CB position, if he had a more reasonable salary hit I would mind but to be the highest paid and be rated so low.

IF they play man this year I expect him and Caliborne to do damage if the D-line can get some pressure though. but if they run that cover 2 bull he is not the guy
    There is no more cover 2 bro. Its done. Its what coach marinelli said.

vCash
    I think carr will have a bounce back season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboysride View Post
    Flowers is only 5'8. I don't care how good a corner is who is that short, I don't want him because they can't stop the big-time pplaymaking wrs

It sounds bad but its the truth, Flowers is too short. Carr is a band aid but we will need him and im sure we will wish we had Flowers at some point this season. Good corners are hard to find in free agency so you overpay to get what you want, I dont blame the Cowboys I think the secondary in a whole could use about 3 draft picks next year to make it a strength going forward.

vCash
    It has to do with where they are in the deal, and if we have restructured the deal or not. Cutting ware we ended up saving money. We had already paid a large portion of the guaranteed portion of the contract. so cutting him we saved cap space, and we didn't have to pay some of the salary that was tied to being on the roster.

at this point, cutting carr would cost us more money then having him. we have restructured a lot of his guaranteed money to later years. FOr this reason, they did NOT restructure anything this year, in hopes of making it easier to cut him next year.

vCash
    flowers is 5'8 and was in the pro-bowl last season and Carr wasn't

Flowers is 5'8 and played with Carr in Kansas City and he was the #1 CB covering ! WR's while carr covered the leftovers. I know we aren't going to get Flowers or go after him, but he is a way better corner than Carr

vCash
    flowers is 5'8 and was in the pro-bowl last season and Carr wasn't

Flowers is 5'8 and played with Carr in Kansas City and he was the #1 CB covering ! WR's while carr covered the leftovers. I know we aren't going to get Flowers or go after him, but he is a way better corner than Carr
    I wouldn't put to much stock into the probowl. its not really a good gage to see how good a player is.

I agree, carr wasn't very good last year, and if not for the cap hit, we would have cut him. But, our pass rush was horrid last year. Sherman Williams would have been burned with that front 7. NO corner can guard a guy when the qb can just sit back, relax, and pick apart.

If we get any kind of pass rush, and just a tad bit better at safety, then I think carr will look dramatically better.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast