Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Colts agree to terms with s-mike adams

http://blogs.colts.com/2014/06/14/in...-s-mike-adams/

The Indianapolis Colts today agreed to terms with free agent safety Mike Adams.

Adams, 5-11, 200 pounds, has played in 146 games (73 starts) throughout his 10-year career and holds totals of 488 tackles (368 solo), 55 passes defensed, 13 interceptions, nine fumble recoveries, four forced fumbles and 5.0 sacks. He also has recorded 14 solo tackles and two passes defensed in four postseason starts. Adams spent the past two seasons (2012-13) with the Denver Broncos and in 2012, he posted career highs in tackles (80) and passes defensed (11), as he helped the team rank second in the NFL in total defense and third in pass defense. In 2013, he played in all 16 regular season games for the third-straight season and registered 60 tackles (45 solo), six passes defensed, one interception and one fumble recovery.

Prior to joining the Broncos, Adams spent five seasons (2007-2011) with the Cleveland Browns and three (2004-06) with the San Francisco 49ers. In 2011, he started all 16 games for the Browns and was part of the NFLís second-ranked pass defense. He was also awarded the 2011 Dino Lucarelli Good Guy Award from the Cleveland Chapter of the Professional Football Writersí Association. Adams was originally signed by the San Francisco 49ers as an undrafted free agent out of Delaware on April 28, 2004.
    /Users/thomasshonk/Desktop/1ywmz4.jpg.png

Thanks for the userbar sfgiants5518

vCash
    Not mad at bringing him in.

vCash
    Besides Nicks, this is my favorite signing of the offseason. I actually feel good about things if Howell doesn't work out.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesnít matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, weíre going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants1213 View Post
    Besides Nicks, this is my favorite signing of the offseason. I actually feel good about things if Howell doesn't work out.
    Are you saying........ Grigs did something right!?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightrider28 View Post
    Are you saying........ Grigs did something right!?
    Grigs did something right.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesnít matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, weíre going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants1213 View Post
    Grigs did something right.
    Pigs are flying and hell has frozen over.

vCash
    Sounds like competition for Howell but I still expect Howell to win the starting gig.

#iubb

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquewho? View Post
    Sounds like competition for Howell but I still expect Howell to win the starting gig.
    No matter who starts, I think we finally have some much needed quality depth at safety.

vCash
    First article on Adams:

INDIANAPOLIS -- New Indianapolis Colts safety Mike Adams was part of the Denver Broncos team that reached the Super Bowl last season.

But there Adams sat, waiting for a team to sign him during the offseason. He waited. Waited some more. He waited so long that anxiety started to set in. Adams, 33, had never been out of work this long during his 10-year NFL career.

Adamsí phone finally rang last week when the Colts put safety Corey Lynch on injured reserve.

"The pieces are in place and we have a chance to hoist (the trophy) at the end," Adams said. "Thatís my goal. I came here to win. Thatís Chuck Paganoís philosophy and thatís what they want to do here. Thatís what it all boils down."

Adams has gone from being unemployed to having a chance to be one of the Colts' starting safeties when they take on his former team, the Broncos, in the season opener on Sept. 7.

"Bottom line is I want to compete for a job," Adams said. "I want to earn these guys' respect. Iím going in (Year 11). Itsí a different locker room, new system I have to learn. I want to earn that. I donít want it given to me. I told coach and I told the (general manager Ryan Grigson), 'I appreciate you telling me I donít have the job. I appreciate that.' I was the underdog my whole career. I love competing and proving people wrong."

Safety has been a legit concern for the Colts since long-time fixture Antoine Bethea signed with San Francisco on the first day of the free agent signing period in March.

The Colts didnít address the position during free agency or the draft. They constantly talked about having confidence in Delano Howell, who has been working with the first team during the offseason workouts.

But Howell lacks experience on a defense that was too inconsistent last season. The same goes for Sergio Brown, David Sims and Colt Anderson.

Enter Adams.

He has started 73 games in his 10-year career. The question about Adams is how much does he have left in his tank at the age of 33. He admits his age might have caused teams to shy away a little bit.

"I feel like Iím 26,Ē he quickly says. "You're going to see the way I move. Once guys see my film. I was talking to the GM and he said, 'I had to watch your film' and he said, 'Youíre 33?' and I was like, 'yeah I am 33,' but when you watch the film it doesnít look like Iím 33."

Adams is versatile. He can also play cornerback, nickelback or be the dime.

Now he has to see if heís versatile enough to get the number he wants. Adams, who currently has No. 42, has worn No. 20 throughout his career, but cornerback Darius Butler has that number.

"Iíll have to sweet-talk him," Adams said. "Have to take him out to dinner; wine and dine him."
    http://espn.go.com/blog/indianapolis...or-safety-spot

<3