Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Chuck Noll dies at 82

They said it was of natural causes.

Per ESPN

vCash
    Pittsburgh Steelers icon Chuck Noll, the only coach to win four Super Bowls, died at his Pittsburgh-area home Friday night. He was 82.

The Allegheny County Medical Examiner said Noll died of natural causes at 9:45 p.m. ET.

Noll went 209-156-1 while coaching the Steelers from 1969 to '91. The hiring of Noll, a one-time assistant coach to Sid Gillman and Don Shula, set the Steelers on a path to greatness.

He led the team to four Super Bowl titles from the 1974 to '79 seasons, and he became every bit as revered in Pittsburgh as stalwarts from those teams such as "Mean" Joe Greene and Franco Harris.

Noll was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1993, less than two years after he retired.

Noll had battled health problems in recent years while splitting time between Sewickley, which is in suburban Pittsburgh, and Florida. The Steelers still listed him prominently in their staff directory as an administration adviser even when he was in ill health and not working for the team.

Noll is the second towering figure from the Steelers' dynasty in the 1970s to die in the last month.

Longtime scout Bill Nunn, who opened a pipeline to historically black colleges and helped the Steelers assemble top talent that turned them from also-rans into champions, died on May 6 at the age of 89 of complications from a stroke.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...k-noll-dies-82
    My 2014 Adopted Packer: Blow Job Raji

vCash
    He will be missed. Such a great and tough coach. Embodied what the Steelers core and the city represents. Put his head down and put in hard work.
    TWINSIES!!

vCash
    Great Coach big loss. RIP. Loved watching fthose old Steelers play.

Me and my Boy.
    No halo.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

vCash
    One of the most iconic coaches in the NFL, responsible for maybe the greatest dynasty in the history of the league. R.I.P.

vCash
    Hard to comprehend this happened. One of those larger than life figures.
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg:28624340
    Hard to comprehend this happened. One of those larger than life figures.
    Its hard to comprehend an 82 year old man died of natural causes?

RIP Mr. Knoll, one of the true greats.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    +1
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash

RIP Mr. Knoll, one of the true greats.
    Well it's more he shied away from public life so much after retiring that not many people knew he was that ill.
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    Honestly, in this day and age, being 82 is almost on the young side for "natural causes." All four of my grandparents are still alive, two at 87, one at 86 and the fourth at 83 and you wouldn't know it at all. And they probably can't afford the health care that I'm sure Noll could. Turns out Noll had been pretty ill, but since he's stayed out of the public eye for the nearly quarter century since he retired, no one outside of his family and friends knew. You always hear "This old celebrity passed away after a long battle with this disease," but imagine if they didn't know it had been a long battle with "this disease." That would come as a bit of a shock, which is what just happened with Noll.

vCash
    R.i.p... Was real young but grew up playing on the steelers pee wee leauge and followed the steelers history

steal of the draft cleanthony early

vCash
    My childhood is unraveling before my very eyes. Chuck Noll and Casey Kasem both died the same weekend.

It figures that all this stuff had to happen the week I went on vacation and left the computer off. Rest in peace, Chaz and Casey.
    "...more talking went on between us all until [Roethlisberger and his entourage] left the bar. Then I seperated with [name redacted] and the other girls and went with another group, and everything else happened, and I was told about it this morning and felt I needed to give my statement. Looking back and hearing all of the details, it seems to me that it was a set-up, and so I think this needed to be told."

-Victoria Garofalo, Zeta Tau Alpha sorority sister, in a statement to the GBI