Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

What are the biggest obstacles for the 2014 Lions?

There's been a lot of Kool Aid going around lately, myself included...but if the team does not succeed, what do you think will be the reason?

New system to learn, new coaching staff, Stafford, injuries, referees, schedule, playing in London, the tough competition in the NFC north, etc

If I had to choose, I'd say this season rests on Stafford. Of course, we have to stay healthy & the referees have to stop with all the phantom ******** like we saw down the stretch last year.

It's all on Stafford though this year.

2013 & 2014 Lions Forum Draft Prediction Game Champion

vCash
    Yea a lot of the team's success rests on Stafford's shoulders, as it should every year IMO. We also have to stop shooting ourselves in the foot like the Lions always seem to do, whether it's stupid mistakes, penalties, or just lackluster play/effort.

I hope they come out quick this season and we don't have to wait a couple of games for them to get into sync and what not, getting a feel for the new systems.

Also, like you said, the NFC North is going to be competitive this year, so we have to have our **** together all year long.

vCash
    Yea I wouldnt say it all depends on Stafford, I mean he could play great and we still miss the playoffs.. So many other things (as you listed most) that can derail a season, shooting ourselves in the foot being one of them..

I mean the players are supposedly loving the new schemes but for all we know they could end up not buying into or something like that

It will be hard to be successful if staff dont play well I agree with that, But he could play well and the team still fail around him

vCash
    Well considering that it's apparently against the laws of nature for the lions to win anything, our biggest threat will be a meteor crashing into the team bus when they're on the way to the superbowl.

vCash
    Its on Stafford

vCash
    Discipline and forcing turnovers I think will make or break this team. The defense doesn't need to be an elite one, just enough to force turnovers and drives that end in field goals and not touchdowns.

vCash
    A lot is on Stafford's shoulders but I think the secondary is a bigger obstacle. The DB's, especially the CB's, have to play well. The young guys have had a few years to figure things out and this is the season they have to show they have gotten better. Slay has to take a huge step and then 1 or 2 of the other young guys have to take a big step as well.

Vaughn is interesting. Sometimes a change of scenery can make a guy a lot better.

I'm also interested to see what Ihedigbo brings to the table. I like him a lot but there wasn't a lot of demand for him on the FA market so that makes me wonder. I think he was the best safety for us on the market.

Mainly I'm happy we have made some changes in the secondary. My biggest compliant during the Shartz era was the lack of change. I don't think we need major overhauls every year but some significant adjustments should be made when the team doesn't meet expectations. I like the new schemes for this reason as well. The old system was tired and division foes were probably pretty used to it.

Fish Pasty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    A lot is on Stafford's shoulders but I think the secondary is a bigger obstacle. The DB's, especially the CB's, have to play well. The young guys have had a few years to figure things out and this is the season they have to show they have gotten better. Slay has to take a huge step and then 1 or 2 of the other young guys have to take a big step as well.

Vaughn is interesting. Sometimes a change of scenery can make a guy a lot better.

I'm also interested to see what Ihedigbo brings to the table. I like him a lot but there wasn't a lot of demand for him on the FA market so that makes me wonder. I think he was the best safety for us on the market.

Mainly I'm happy we have made some changes in the secondary. My biggest compliant during the Shartz era was the lack of change. I don't think we need major overhauls every year but some significant adjustments should be made when the team doesn't meet expectations. I like the new schemes for this reason as well. The old system was tired and division foes were probably pretty used to it.
    I guess his Nickname is "Digs" read it in a few different articles.. Much easier to type Digs lol

Ihedigbo

vCash

Well said

2013 & 2014 Lions Forum Draft Prediction Game Champion

vCash
    The Lions biggest obstacle is themselves. They constantly put themselves in bad predicaments over the last 3 years. Bone head mistakes and pics poor clock management cost us more than a few games. Fix those things and we can be a decent team.

vCash
    Packers are the biggest obstacles. We're going to have our transition pains based on learning our new system, but we need wins to win the division and right now, the pack seem like the largest obstacle.

LFLOL & LFFS after secretly glancing at the ***** forum
    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12 & #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    The Packers. gg

I guess I just finally realized that rocket is the only one around here that knows anything and the rest of you guys are dicks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    Packers are the biggest testicles. We're going to have our transition pains based on learning our new system, but we need wins to win the division and right now, the pack seem like the largest testicle.
    I agree!

vCash
    The biggest obstacle is going to be how they handle pressure and being a team expected to win once they reach the playoffs. This is now a division where the worst team could be around 6-10/7-9 and I think this year Detroit finally gets over the hump. By over the hump, they win the division and make it to the NFC Championship game.
    or go bang your wife
    PSD Lions Forum: Where excellence happens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Wick925 View Post
    I agree!
    Lol....

We could get all philosophical and say:

"The biggest obstacle we face is realizing that there are no obstacles."
    Boom

LFLOL & LFFS after secretly glancing at the ***** forum
    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12 & #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss